1. Talk about real life examples of your experiences? (Cognizant ServiceNow Interview Questions)
Obviously, you’ve landed the interview because you have the work history to prove that you are capable of doing the job. But an employer wants to get a handle on your deeper knowledge. The interviewers will be looking for specific examples of exactly what projects you did, not what the team’s role as a whole was, or what you would do in a hypothetical situation. (Cognizant ServiceNow Interview Questions)
Be ready to answer questions about your experience in the following subjects (if relevant):
- Design Work
- Technical Knowledge
2. How May Types Of Search Is Available In Service Now?
Use any of the following searches to find information in ServiceNow:
- Lists: find records in a list;
- Global text search: find records in multiple tables from a single search field.
- Knowledge base: find knowledge articles.
- Navigation filter: filter the items in the application navigator.
Search screens: use a formlike interface to search for records in a table.
- Administrators can create these custom modules.
3. How To Determine Whether Any Of The Field Value In A Record Have Changed?
By using the method changes() you can determine that the field value has been changed for a record.
4. Define CMDB Baseline?
CMDB Baseline is used to understand and control the changes made to a configuration Item (CI). These Baselines act as a snapshot of a CI.
5. How you can check on which servicenow instance node you are working?
Goto System Diagnostic: Stats. Statistic page will be open where you can get the details of node and the instance on which you are working on. (Online Training Institute)
6. What is a dashboard?
Dashboard is a visual collection of reports and paralytics presented as KPI scorecards and indicator summary tab.
7. Is CMDB an important technology to enable BSM?
Absolutely. You need to have an understanding of the technology building blocks of your business services in order to ensure the availability and performance of those services.
8. How will CMDB continue to evolve in the near future?
CMDB will continue to evolve as the technology around it evolves –- as we have seen with the introduction of cloud/virtual infrastructure.
In terms of predictions- In ITIL v3, we were introduced to the concept of the Service Knowledge Management System, or SKMS, and we feel that this will continue to develop. This is the set of tools, processes, and databases used to manage knowledge and information. This includes the CMS, trusted sources, CMDBs, the SACM process and anything else required to turn data into wisdom. After all, that is why you are collecting this data in the first place –- so that it can be re-used.
As Social IT becomes more prevalent, a new community-driven, organically growing knowledge repository will quickly overtake the static knowledge bases of old. IT will no longer be the gatekeepers of knowledge, but will retain responsibility for storing it; possibly indexing it; and making it accessible to the business. The CMDB will play a key part in this knowledge revolution –- and may end up as the repository for knowledge about CIs, in addition to the configuration and relationships stored there today.
The other prediction that we would make would be in the area of automatic remediation –- and we have customers doing this today using our CMDB in conjunction with our Runbook Automation capability. In these situations, customers are identifying issues with CIs (perhaps non-standard configurations or similar) and then using runbook automation to automatically remediate those issues with zero-touch. (Cognizant ServiceNow Interview Questions)
9. why do we have hourly rate in a group?
Once the Project Management v2 Costing Add-on Plugin is installed Group Hourly rate is displayed.
The plugin creates an Hourly rate field on the Group form and adds a new form called Group resource, which calculates the estimated cost for the group, based on the hourly rate provided. The Group Resources will be added automatically based on the groups associated with the Project or its associated Project Tasks.
Defines the hourly rate for members of this group, as defined in the Group record , The hourly rate is multiplied by the Estimated hours for the group to estimate project costs.
10. Which searching technique is used to search a text or record in Servicenow?
Zing is the text indexing and search engine that performs all text searches in ServiceNow.
11. What is your biggest weakness?
The dreaded interview question: What is your greatest weakness? It’s often debated, but we have insight from our top ServiceNow consultants who have successfully prepared candidates for interviews; you should be honest about your technical areas for improvement and your commitment to learning new skills. This will handle the interviewers’ potential objections up-front, however, it is very important to never give generic weaknesses such as ‘I work too hard.’
- Approach your interview feeling confident in your skillset and knowledge. Remember, you are the expert and that’s why you are in the room! Some of the biggest deciding factors in an interview are based – not only on your skills and how you’ve answered their questions – but on your body language.
- Body language dos
- Ensure a firm handshake
- Walk slowly, deliberately, and tall upon entering the room
- Maintain eye contact throughout your interview
- Look away occasionally, as not to stare, looking confidently and calmly to the right or left; never look down
- Be alert and enthusiastic
- Smile, nod, and give nonverbal feedback to the interviewer
- Body language don’ts
- Have a poor/limp handshake
- Display laziness
- Be aggressive or act in a superior, conceited or overbearing way
- Have a poor voice, diction, or grammar
- Look distracted, look down or avoid eye contact
- Talk too much
- Lose concentration or attention
12. How to enable or disable the pie chart labels?
To enable or disable the labels in pie chart we need to set the property glide.ui.chart.pie.labels to true or false.
13. What are the top benefits that a company can gain from CMDB?
The benefits are actually realized in areas outside the CMDB itself –- and all boil down to the ability to offer better service to the business through better IT. Better change management; faster incident resolution; higher application availability; reduced asset maintenance costs; more automated processes; simpler problem resolution; increased IT governance capability … the list goes on.(company) Dumping thousands of configuration items into a CMDB won’t do any good unless there’s a clear business justification. For IT people, that might mean getting on the phone with application owners and other business managers to draw clear links between CIs and the services they support. A relevant and accurate CMDB can provide actionable data and have a positive impact across all service improvement initiatives.
14. Why do we create subgroups?
Creating subgroups allows you to customize your contact list to send messages to a targeted group of members within your system.
15. Use case for Understanding groups and roles?
It is fact that you can assign roles to individual users as well, and not just to groups.
- A university Physics professor has “Grade Test” role (aka right or privilege) for a particular course or set of courses. However, he decides to go on sabbatical for year and wants another instructor (or perhaps, several instructors – a group), i.e. his replacement(s), to have the same role(s) (privileges) over the same set of courses. Note that the substituting instructors may belong to different user groups. The administrator can easily assign the role(s) in question to individual users or groups of users. Of course, after the tenured professor returns, the administrator can revoke those roles (privileges). (Testing Tools Training Online)
(Cognizant ServiceNow Interview Questions)
16. What is web services access only?
Web service access enforces web service security using a combination of basic authentication challenge/response over the HTTP protocol and system level access control using theContextual Security. Administrators can control what system resources web services users can access by granting them one of the SOAP Roles. (Testing Tools Online Training)
17. Is analytics an important feature of CMDB?
Not necessarily a feature of the CMDB itself, but analytics and reporting should be able to easily access the data within the CMDB. In the case of ServiceNow, all data within the CMDB can be directly accessed for reporting purposes through actions as simple as a right-click from a filtered list; or by selecting from an extensive list of pre-created reports; or by using the ad-hoc report writer built into the product; or by accessing the data directly through our ODBC driver for extraction to third-party reporting or analytics tools.
18. Can we create Existing groups as a subgroup while creating a new group?
It can be done by adding related links , will let you the workaround later.
19. Name the different types of search in Servicenow?
The different types of searches in ServiceNow are Lists, Global text search, Knowledge base, Navigation filter and Search screens
and visible on a form. You can also use UI policy for dynamically changing a field on a form.
20. What is the latest servicenow user interface and when it was released?
The latest user interface is UI14 interface.It came in Eureka release.
21. Which table is used in servicenow to audit changes to records?
ServiceNow uses the Sys Audit [sys_audit] table to audit changes to records.
22. Which method is used to get all the active/inactive records from a table?
You can use addActiveQuery() method to get all the active records and addInactiveQuery() to get the all inactive records.
23. What is a glide record?
Glide record is a java class. It is used for performing database operations instead of writing SQL queries.
24. What happens when you mark a default update set as complete?
If the Default update set is marked Complete, the system creates another update set named Default1 and uses it as the default update set. (Cognizant ServiceNow Interview Questions)
25. What is the latest servicenow user interface and when was it released?
The latest user interface is UI16 interface. It came in Helsinki release.
26. About UI policy & What it is?
UI policies are alternative to client scripts.It can be used to set a field as mandatory, read-only and visible on a form. You can also use UI policy for dynamically changing a field on a form.
27. How to set the default value of a date field to current datetime value?
Goto the dictionary of the respective date-time field and set the default value as : java script:gs. now DateTime();
28. Ho You Can Remove Remember Me Check Box From Login Page?
You can set the property – “glide. ui. forgetme” to true to remove the Remember me check box from login page.
29. How To Change The Homepage Layout?
Administrators can create or modify layouts by navigating to Homepage Admin > Layouts.
30. What is full form of CMDB?
Configuration Management DataBase
31. What Is Performance Analytics In Servicenow?
Performance Analytics is an additional application in ServiceNow that allows customers to take a snapshot of data at regular intervals and create time series for any key performance indicator (KPI) in the organization.
32. What a setWorkflow(e) function does?
setWorkflow(e) enables or disables the running of business rules that might normally be triggered by subsequent actions. If the e parameter is set to false, an insert/update will not be audited. Auditing only happens when the parameter is set to true for a GlideRecord operation. Parameters: e – Boolean variable that if true (default) enables business rules, and if false to disables them. (Testing Tools Training Online)
33. What are Elevated Privileges?
- An elevated privilege is a role that has the elevated_privilege field set to true. After the plugin is activated, a new security_admin elevated privilege is created and assigned to the default System Administrator user. This role grants modification access to the High Security Settings and allows the user to modify the Access Control List, directly import XML files, and access the Scripts – Background module. A user can get an elevated privilege role in his session only by manually elevating to it. The role is in the user’s session only for the duration of the session. Session timeout or log-out removes the role.
- A role that is an elevated_privilege does not appear in an assigned user’s session when the user logs in. The user must manually elevate to that role. See the following section for details.
(Requires admin or security_admin role) Presents the Activate an Elevated Privilege dialog box, which allows the administrator to select an elevated role, which will expire at the end of the session.
- other roles available are :
- High Security Settings: provide default property values to harden security on your platform by centralizing all critical security settings to one location for management and auditing.
- Default Deny Property: provides a security manager property controls the default security behavior for table access.
- Security Administrator Role: provides a role to prevent modification of key security settings and resources. The Security Administrator role is not inherited by the admin role and must be explicitly assigned.
- Elevated Privilege: allows users with the security admin role to operate in the context of a normal user and elevate to higher security role when needed.
- Property Access Control: allows security administrators to set the roles required to read and write properties.
- Transaction and system logs: are read only.
- Access Control Rules: control what data users can access and how they can access it
34. What is Role delegator?
Role Delegator : Administrators can grant users the right to be role delegators. These delegators can assign roles to users who are in a particular group. The roles that delegators can assign to other users include the roles that the delegator inherits from a group those roles that the administrator specifies. (Cognizant ServiceNow Interview Questions)
35. How to disable attachment on a specific servicenow table?
Go to the dictionary of that table and add “Add no_attachment” to the Attributes field.
36. What do you mean by coalesce?
Coalesce is a property of a field that we use in transform map field mapping.When we set the coalesce as true for a field mapping it signifies that this field will work as unique key.If a field match is found with the coalesce field, then existing record will be updated with the imported information in target table else a new record will be inserted into the target table. (ServiceNow Interview Questions And Answers- The Best 2018 Latest)
37. What is Service Now?
ServiceNow is a cloud based ITSM tool.It provides a single system of record for IT services, operations, and business management by automating IT service applications and processes. All aspects of IT Services can potentially live in the ServiceNow ecosystem of modules, and thus, it gives us a complete view of services and resources. This allows for broad control of how to best allocate resources and design the process flow of those services.
38. What is application and how to disable or enable it?
Application is a collection of modules which offers its highly related information. While speaking about change application, it offers the data related to the change process. It includes certain modules such as view change tickets, change ticket and etc. Search to “Application Menus” module which is under device definition application. After that, open the suitable application that need to be disable or enable. Prefer active as right to enable application or prefer active to wrong option to disable application.
39. What are dictionary overrides?
Dictionary overrides provide the ability to define a field on an extended table differently from the field on the parent table. For example, for a field on the Task [task] table, a dictionary override can change the default value on the Incident [incident] table without affecting the default value on Task [task] or Change [change].
40. What types of searches are available in ServiceNow?
Following searches will help you find information in ServiceNow:
Lists: Find records in a list;
Global text search: Finds records in multiple tables from a single search field.
Knowledge base: Finds knowledge articles.
Navigation filter: Filters the items in the application navigator.
Search screens: Use a form like interface to search for records in a table. Administrators can create these custom modules.
41. What is ServiceNow Technology?
It is a cloud-based IT Service Management tool. ServiceNow gives a solitary plan of record for IT administrations, activities, and business administration via computerizing IT benefit applications and procedures. All parts of IT Services can possibly live in the ServiceNow biological system of modules, and in this manner, it gives us a total perspective of administrations and assets. This takes into account wide control of how to best designate assets and plan the procedure stream of those administrations.
42. What exposure have you had to the ServiceNow Platform?
Describe in detail your experience working on the ServiceNow Platform. You can list some examples of working with the platform in various position.
43. Have you had face-to-face experience with clients or stakeholders?
This is another that falls under the soft skills. A well-rounded employee will be highly-skilled in both the technical side of their job, as well as the customer-facing side. Your boss will want to know you can handle yourself if faced with telling a client or stakeholder about technical information in a manner that they can understand. Be ready for this question during your ServiceNow interview with an example of a time that you have had a successful experience speaking to clients or stakeholders. You can talk about the following points. (Cognizant ServiceNow Interview Questions)
44. How To Set The Invalid Queries Into Empty Result Sets?
By default queries with invalid field names run but ignore the invalid condition. For more strict query control you can enable the glide.invalid_query.returns_no_rows property which will result in an empty result set for invalid queries.
45. What does the application navigator?
Provides links to all application menus and modules.
46. What happens when a user make some changes the homepage?
When a user make some changes on the homepage then that pages is saved as his personalized homepage instead of updation on the actual homepage.For example home page name is Incident overview.When a user make some changes on it then this page is saved as My incident overview and is only visible to that user.
47. How to enable or disable an application?
Navigate to “Application Menus” module under system definition application.Open the respective application that require to be enable or disable.Set active as true to enable it or set active to false to disable it.
48. What is a data policy?
Data policy checks the mandatory and read-only of a field whenever a record is inserted or updated through a web-service or import set.For example: If a mandatory field in the incoming record (from import set or web-service) is empty then the data policy will not allow to insert that record into the table.
49. What is a record producer?
A catalog item that allows users to create task-based records from the Service Catalog is called as a record producer. For example, creating a change record or a problem record using record producer. Record producers provide an alternative way to create records through Service Catalog.