1. What are the differences between jdbc activities and sql direct?(Tibco BW Interview Questions)_text]Answer:
Sql direct is capable of executing entire DML operations, such as table deletion and creation, whereas, jdbc activities are capable of executing specific DML operations like insert, modify, and update. (Tibco BW Interview Questions)
2. What is the use of ESB BUS?_text]
An enterprise service bus (ESB) is a distributed, message-based integration solution based on open standards. The role of an ESB is to facilitate reliable communications between IT resources such as applications, platforms and services that are distributed in multiple systems throughout an enterprise.
3. What are the protocols that RV and EMS use?_text]Answer:
EMS uses TCP protocol where as RV uses TRDP over UDP which will provide TRDP forsecure communication.
4. What is the purpose of the inspector activity?_text]Answer:
The Inspector activity is used to write the output of any or all activities and process variables to a file and/or stdout. This is particularly useful when debugging process definitions and you wish to see the entire schema instead of mapping specific elements to the Write File activity.
5. What Is The Difference Between Process Level Variables & Process Input Variables?_text]Answer:
Process level variables can be altered using assign activity and they cannot be mapped to sub-process whereas process input variables cannot be altered and they could be mapped to sub process. (e Learning Portal)
6. Can We Install Primary & Secondary Administration Servers On The Same Machine?_text]Answer:
No, we cannot install both primary and secondary admin servers on the same machine.
7. What Are The TRA Files You Need To Change The Class Path Field For Java Method Activity?_text]Answer:
BW Engine. tra & Designer. tra are the TRA files needed to change the class path field for java method activity.
8. What is parse Xml and render Xml?_text]Answer:
The Parse XML activity takes a binary XML file or an XML string and processes it, converting it into an XML schema tree based on the XSD specified.
The Render XML activity takes an instance of an XML schema element and renders it as a stream of bytes containing XML or an XML string.(Tibco BW Interview Questions)
9. Where we define error schema for generate error activity?_text]
Will have to define in END activity error schema tab so that it will get deflect on generate error tab.
10. If you have installed a particular version of TIBCO software e.g. TIBCO BW X.Y.Z, What are X, Y and Z number stands for?_text]Answer:
Integration can be at different application layers:
• X: Patch
• Y: Major
• Z: Minor11. How to control the sequence of execution of process instances created by a process starter?_text]Answer:
Use the sequencing key field in the Misc tab of any process starter. Process instances with the same value for this field are executed in the sequence in which they are started.
12. What are the cases where business process cant proceed correctly subsequent to restart from a checkpoint?_text]Answer:
Sending HTTP response, confirming an email/jms message etc. This is because the confirmation or sending HTTP response has to done in the same session. When engine crashes these sessions are closed at their socket level. In such cases send response/confirm before checkpoint.
(Tibco Admin Interview Questions – Frequntly Asked Top 40)13. What is S Programming Language?_text]
- The award-winning S programming language is at the core of both TIBCO Spotfire S+ and R. The only language created specifically for exploratory data analysis and statistical modeling, the S programming language allows you to create statistical applications up to five times faster than with other languages.
- Object-oriented, interpreted 4GL language.
- Interactive exploration and fast prototyping.
- Rich data structures: vector, matrix, array, data frame, list and many more.
- User-defined functions, objects, classes, methods and libraries.
- Library of over 4000 functions for data manipulation, graphics, statistical modeling, and integration.
- CSAN library of available packages.
14. What is Spotfire Cloud?_text]Answer:
Spotfire Cloud is the leading data visualization and cloud-based business analytics software available today. Spotfire enables users to create beautiful, interactive visualizations from their laptop or tablet. While traditional business intelligence tools force the user to know what question to ask first, Spotfire allows users to explore trends, outliers and previously undiscovered insights in their data.(Tibco BW Interview Questions)
15. How to install tibco software components (sequence to install the components)?_text]
We can install tibco software in 3 ways.
a) GUI mode
b) Silent mode
c) Console mode.
And we can install tibco software in the following sequence.
TRA, BW, Admin, EMS, RV, Adapters, Hawk.
16. When do you get the error “Array Index out of Bounds Exception?”_text]Answer:
When the data formats are not specified correctly. If we give Fixed format instead of delimiter we get this type of error. If we give fixed format then we need to specify the length in offset as equal to the number of characters as (0, 4, 7) and so on.
17. What is the purpose of a Lock shared configuration resource?_text]Answer:
A Lock is specified for a ‘Critical Section’ group when the scope is ‘Multiple’. It can be used to ensure synchronization across process instances belonging to multiple processs definitions or for process instances across engines(Check multi engine flag for lock in this case and the BW engine needs to be configured with database persistence while deployment). If synchronization is for process instances belonging to the same processs definition inside one engine, just specify the scope as ‘Single’.
18. What are the different types of Transactions TIBCO provides?_text]Answer:
TIBCO Business Works offers a variety of types of transactions that can be used in different situations. You can use the type of transaction that suits the needs of your integration project. When you create a transaction group, you must specify the type of transaction.
TIBCO Business Works supports the following types of transactions:
Java Transaction API (JTA) User Transaction
19. Where to go for JDBC Activities and ADB adapter?_text]Answer:
For ADB adapter, we should go where the flow of data is synchronous. Integration of data between various databases is needed. JDBC Activities, on the other hand, are used in cases of asynchronous operations without the need for data integration.(TIBCO Training Online)
20. How to define security to EMS sever Or use of SSL in tibco EMS?_text]Answer:
By using this SSL we can provide security to the EMS messages for this will have configure the SSL certification file.
21. How Will You Achieve The Inter-Process Communication Of Two-Process Engines Located On Two Machines?_text]
Process engines which are with wait/notify activities should be configured in such a way that it will hold state saving mechanism with the database(using admin at deployment time, you have to deploy in such a way)
22. What is Workspace?_text]Answer:
- The TIBCO Business Studio ™work space contains one or more application modules.
- An application module contains one or more Business Works packages
- A TIBCO Active Matrix Business Works ™ package contains one or more processes, which in turn are main processes or sub processes
- A process is stored as a single file with a .bwp extension
23. What is the difference between RVD and RVRD?_text]
RVD (Rendezvous Daemon): RVD is used to connect only within the network.
RVRD (Rendezvous Routing Daemon): RVRD is used to connect outside the network and also within the network. If we have RVRD then there is no need of RVD.
(Tibco BW Interview Questions)
24. Process engines in a fault tolerant group can be configured as peers or master secondary.How do these differ?_text]Answer:
The options for configuring storage for process engine’s checkpoint repository are:
- Peer means all of them have the same weight. In this case when one engine fails another one takes over and continues processing till it fails.(Tibco BW Online Training)
- In master secondary configuration weights are unequal, the secondary starts processing when master fails. But when master recovers, secondary stops and master continues processing.
25. What is meant by service and daemon in Rendezvous?_text]Answer:
TIBCO RV Service is the UDP Port number on which Rendezvous messages are sent. Daemon is the port number on which communication takes place between RVD and application.
26. What are the TIBCO BW activities that can participate in transactions?_text]Answer:
Not all TIBCO Business Works activities can participate in a transaction. Only the following types of activities have transactional capabilities:
- JDBC activities
- JMS activities
- Active Enterprise Adapter activities that use JMS transports
- EJB activities
- TIBCO iProcess Business Works Connector activitity
27. What is the difference between shared variable, job shared variable, process variables and global variables?_text]
Shared variables can be accessible by multiple process definitions, and can Changeable by any process definition.Job Shared variables can be accessible within the execution jobs, and it will maintain a copy of variable for every job (execution).Process Variables can only be access for a particular process where it gets defined.Global variable can be accessible by across the project. Global variable can be edi that runtime too in Tibco administrator.(Tibco Video Training)
28. What is the difference between reliable, certified, distributed queues in RV?_text]
Reliable: Delivery guarantee in the reliable mode, subscriber can send the re-transmission request for the lost packets.
Certified: Certified messaging assures that both pub/subs are in certified mode of message delivery. And packets/messages will be stored on a ledger file. So that lost messages or packets can be delivered as per the re-transmission request.
Distributed: Distribute Queue is to share load between the workers; this will handled by Load balancing concept. Whoever is having highest work will be acting as scheduler and also we can decide worker capacity as well DQ-Load balancing!
29. What are the uses of grouping activities?_text]Answer:
Uses of grouping activities are:
- Create a set of activities having a common error transition.
- Repeat group of activities based on a condition.
1. Iterate over a list.
2. Repeat until condition true.
3. Repeat on Error until condition true.
- Group activities into a transaction.
- To create a critical section area that synchronizes process instances.
- A ‘Pick First Group’ allows you to wait for the occurrence of multiple events and proceed along a path following the first event to occur.
30. What is the purpose of Retrieve Resource activity?_text]
The Retrieve Resources activity generates a WSDL file containing a concrete service(Conrete WSDL) description of any process definition that has a SOAP Event Source process starter. This allows clients to access the WSDL for a web service. The client can then use the WSDL file to invoke the web service. The Retrieve Resources activity can also be used to retrieve any other resources, including XSDs and WSIL.
(Tibco BW Interview Questions)
31. What Are The Facilities Provided By TIBCO BusinessWorks For Custom Monitoring?_text]Answer:
Alerts & Hawk Rule bases are the facilities prvided by TIBCO BW for custom monitoring.
32. You Have A SHELL Program. How Do You Call From A TIBCO Business Process?_text]Answer:
External command can be used to call a shell program from a TIBCO Business process.
33. What are the common errors during .ear deployment?_text]Answer:
Failed tibrv exception, failed tibhawk exception, no memory found are the common errors. Besides, port and connection availability exceptions are also experienced while .ear deployment.
34. What are the differences between global variables, process variables, shared, and job shared variables?_text]Answer:
- Shared variables are accessible and changeable through different process definitions.
- In case of Job Shared, it is accessible within execution jobs.
- It maintains a copy for each job execution.
- The process variables are accessible for a specific process when defined.
- The global variables are accessible throughout the project.
- These variables are editable as well in Tibco at runtime.
35. What are the differences between render XML and parsed XML?_text]Answer:
Render XML renders data from output, providing an XML string depending on the XSD or Schema defined.
Parse XML parses xml content in accordance to the defined XSD, DTD, or Schema.
36. What are the options for configuring storage for process engine’s checkpoint repository?_text]The options for configuring storage for process engine’s checkpoint repository are:
- Local File
- Database. Fault tolerant engines can recover from a checkpoint only when database is used.
37. What is the difference between TIBCO RV and TIBCO EMS?_text]Answer:
Below are some major differences between TIBCO RV and TIBCO EMS:
1.TIBCO RV is based on TRDP/PGM Protocol while TIBCO EMS is based on JMS protocol.
2.TIBCO RV is based on dynamic subject based messaging while TIBCO EMS is based on static queues and topic based messaging.
3.In TIBCO RV, RVD Runs on every machine and hence it doesn’t have single point of failure. In case of EMS, EMS server is single point of failure.
4.TIBCO RV works on Bus model while TIBCO EMS works on Hub and Spoke model.(Tibco BW Interview Questions)
38. What are the transactions in tibco?_text]Answer:
In tibco every transaction is a business related message. We have JNDI, XA transactions a vailable in tibco.39. When Would You Select JDBC Adapter & When Would You Choose ADB Adapter?_text]
If there’s only DML operations, then JDBC adapter could be chosen else if after database updation notification need to be published to other applications, then ADB adapter need to be selected.
40. What is file based storage and database storage in TIBCO EMS and where we will configureit?_text]
In file based store all messages will be saved on disk. Where as in database storage all messages will write on db. If we check in stores.conf we can find file storage and database storage. By default any message will be stored in the file.Note: In EMS 6.0 there is no concept of server or data base storage. By default all the messages gets stored on the disc itself.
41. How can unauthorized users be prevented from triggering a process?_text]Answer:
Unauthorized users be prevented from triggering a process by giving ‘write’ access for the process engine to only selected users. Only users with ‘write’ access can do activities like deploying applications, starting/stopping process engines etc.
_inner]_inner][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6jYB-EhBdk” align=”center”][/vc_row_inner][_heading text=”Share and Get 50+ Free Tibco Tutorial Videos” font_container=”tag:h3|font_size:26px|text_align:center|color:%23dd3333″ google_fonts=”font_family:Roboto%3A100%2C100italic%2C300%2C300italic%2Cregular%2Citalic%2C500%2C500italic%2C700%2C700italic%2C900%2C900italic|font_style:700%20bold%20regular%3A700%3Anormal”] seperator_indeed_locker=”” lk_sl=”fb,tw,pt,li” lk_t=”ism_template_2″ lk_lt=”5″ lk_tl=”120″ lk_rl=”1″ lk_lra=”1″ lk_lrt=”hours” lk_io=”default” lk_dm=”0″ lk_thm=”0″ lk_tuo=”0″ ru_on=”0″ uhc_on=”0″ ur_on=”0″ ref_on=”0″ lk_lb=”rgba(0,0,0,0.31)”]][ title=”Free Videos” style=”flat” shape=”round” color=”turquoise” size=”lg” align=”center” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-file-video-o” button_block=”true” add_icon=”true” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fsvrtechnologies.com%2Ftibco-training%2Ffree-tibco-videos||target:%20_blank|”]