1. What is the difference between sql direct and other jdbc activities?(Tibco BW Scenario Based Questions)_text]Answer:
Other jdbc activities can only do a specific DML operation (insert, update, modify), whereas sql direct can executes all the DML operations including table creation and deletion too.SQL direct is mainly used for dynamic db operations.(Tibco BW Scenario Based Questions)
2. What is the use of bridges in ems?_text]Answer:
Using bridge concept in EMS we can send messages between applications to applications without changing the application code. We can simply using the same application logic with defined topics and queues. Here we simply bridge the desired topics to queues or queue to queue or topic to topic vice versa.
If u wants to send message between different messaging destinations within the EMS serve then go for bridge and its unidirectional
3. What is a subject based messaging?_text]Answer:
RV follows Subject based messaging where all publishers publish the message on subject name and interested subscribers are listening on this subject. It’s pure bus architecture.
4. What is vcrepo. dat?_text]Answer:
TIBCO Designer creates a file named vcrepo.dat in the project root directory when you first save the project. This file is used to store properties such as display name, TIBCO Rendezvous encoding, and description. This file can be used for identification in place of the project root directory and can be used as the repository locator string (repoUrl).
5. Where we will go for ADB adapter and JDBC Activities?_text]Answer:
We can go for ADB adapter where the data flow is synchronous and data integration is required between multiple data bases. Whereas JDBC Activities can be used for asynchronous operations and where the data integration is not required.(SVR Technologies)
6. What is the difference between RV (rendezvous) and jms?_text]Answer:
RV and JMS both are tibco messaging transports.
a) Architecture wise RV follows BUS architecture and JMS follows client server architecture.
b) Protocol wise RV using UDP and JMS using TCP.
c) RV follows subject based messaging where as JMS using queues and topics.
d) RV is less secure and reliable in message transportation when we compare with EMS as EMS stores the messages on disk.
e) RV sending data in asynchronously, EMS sends synchronously.
f) RV majorly used in Telecom sectors where as EMS used in Banking and Financial sectors.
g) RV is a proprietary production of Tibco software inc where as EMS is wrapper over JMS 1.1version7. What is the difference between queues and topics?_text]Answer:
Queues and Topics both are used in message store and transportation in EMS.
Queues are used in point to point communication mode where as Topics are used in Publish Subscribe communications.
Queues can assure the message deliver even if the reader/receiver is not active.
Topics case messages cannot be sent if consumer is not active. but we can assurance by making them as durable
Queues are more secure than Topics
8. What is the use of “Override Transaction behavior” option in JDBC Activities?_text]Answer:
Overrides the default behavior of a transaction group. If this activity is in a transaction group, the activity is normally committed or rolled back with the other transactional activities.
If this checkbox is checked, this activity is not part of the transaction group and is committed when it completes. Checking this option uses a separate database connection to perform the activity and commit the SQL statement.(Tibco BW Scenario Based Questions)
9. What are the acknowledgement modes available in tibco EMS?_text]Answer:
These are the following acknowledgement modes in EMS and JMS JMS: The JMS specification defines three levels of acknowledgement for non-transacted Sessions.a). Autob) Client Acknowledgement.c) Dups – Ok Acknowledgement.EMS: EMS extends the JMS acknowledge modes to include:d)
EXPLICIT_CLIENT_A CKNOWLEDGE f)
10. What is the difference between Get JMS queue and Wait for JMS queue message activity?_text]Answer:
The Get JMS Queue Message activity retrieves a message from the specified queue. This activity allows you to perform a receive operation on the queue as opposed to waiting for a queue message to be delivered to the Wait for JMS Queue Message activity or the JMS Queue Receiver process starter.The Wait for JMS Queue Message activity uses event key which is the JMS Correlation ID to filter the right response with the right job. The key is the JMS Message ID sent by the Queue Sender activity
11. What is difference between publish by value, publish by reference modes in ADB adapter?_text]Answer:
publish by value: in this type the changes in the source table are reflected in the p_ table and the data is taken from there. its used when high speed is required. it dose not support data types like oracle long.
publish by reference: in this type the data is directly taken from the source table where only the primary key will come from p_ table. it allows data types like oracle long.
loss of changes in the source table can be lost bcos of the waiting time.(this can be avoided using alerter).
12. What is the purpose of “Retrieve Resource” activity?_text]Answer:
The Retrieve Resources activity generates a WSDL file containing a concrete service (Conrete WSDL) description of any process definition that has a SOAP Event Source process starter. This allows clients to access the WSDL for a web service. The client can then use the WSDL file to invoke the web service. The Retrieve Resources activity can also be used to retrieve any other resources, including XSD s and WSIL.(Company)
13. What is the difference between SOAP Over JMS/HTTP?_text]Answer:
The advantage of using “SOAP over JMS” over “SOAP over HTTP” is reliability as you may use the persistence and acknowledgment features built in the standard. The same applies if you need to establish asynchronous communication or need to use the load balancing features provided by JMS servers. You can achieve this using http but the implementation would be much more complicated.
14. What is flow limit, max jobs and activation limit?_text]Answer:
Flow Limit: Maximum number of concurrently running process instances to start before suspending the process starter.
Max Jobs: Maximum number of process instances that can concurrently be loaded into memory.
Activation Limit: Once a process instance is loaded it must remain in memory until it completes.
15. What is TIBCO?_text]Answer:
It is a middleware tool. It is a completely pictorial view of programming.
1. It has no server.
2. It is simply an in and out process.
3. Runs on any platform i.e. Platform independent.
4. Supports all the languages.
5. It supports SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) i.e. it is a loosely coupled and a distributed architecture. Hence each system is not completely and tightly dependent on other system.
16. What is the meaning of Tibco?_text]Answer:
TIBCO (The Information Bus Company) Software Inc. is an American company that provides integration, analytics and event-processing software for companies to use on-premises or as part of cloud computing environments. The software manages information, decisions, processes and applications for over 10,000 customers.(Tibco BW Scenario Based Questions)
17. Explain the process configuration parameters – Max Jobs, Flow Limit & Activation Limit?_text]Answer:
Max Jobs :
Max Jobs specifies the number of process instances that are kept in memory. Once this limit is reached newly created process instances (subject to flow limit) are paged out to disk.0 specifies no limit and is the default.
Flow Limit :
Flow Limit specifies the maximum number of running process instances that are spawned before the process starter is suspended ie it enters a FLOW_CONTROLLED state and does not accept new events. This can be used to control the number of process instances running simultaneously and when the protocol generating the event can store the event till it is received, like email servers, JMS, RV etc. 0 specifies no limit and is the default.
Activation Limit :
Activation limit flag specifies that once a process instance is loaded it must be placed in memory till it completes execution. By default it is enabled.(Tibco Interview Questions 2018 Latest )
18. How do wait-notify resources work?_text]Answer:
Basically wait and notify should share a common notification configuration which is just a schema definition for data that will be passed from notifier to waiter. Specific instances of waiter & notifier are corrrelated via a key.
For example: when one process is in wait state for key ‘Order-1’, it waits till another process issues a notification with the same key value.
19. What is difference between in memory ledger and file ledger in TIBCO?_text]Answer:
Programs that require certification only for the duration of the program process can choose a process-based ledger. Once the process terminates the ledger file is no longer available. Programs that require certification that transcends process termination and program restart can choose a file-based ledger. Therefore, a file-based ledger preserves certified delivery information beyond transport invalidation, or process termination and restart. A memory/process-based ledger does not possess these characteristics.
20. What is the role of tra?_text]Answer:
TRA stands for TIBCO Runtime Agent. The TRA has two main functions:
- Supplies an agent that is running in the background on each machine.
- The agent is responsible for starting and stopping processes that run on a machine according to the deployment information.
- The agent monitors the machine. That information is then visible via TIBCO Administrator. •Supplies the run-time environment, that is, all shared libraries including third-party libraries
21. Is TIBCO Spotfire a Core Lab product?_text]Answer:
The Spotfire Enterprise Player is a product of TIBCO, which Core Lab licenses for use in conjunction with our Joint Industry Projects. The Analytical Templates themselves are a product of Core Laboratories. In order to facilitate the transfer of data from our RAPID database to our Spotfire Analytical Templates, Core Lab developed RAPIDLink which automatically delivers all data to which a client is entitled.
(TIBCO Training Online)22. What is the use of Spotfire Analytics?_text]Answer:
TIBCO Spotfire Analytics provides an incredibly fast and flexible environment for analysing critical data to help you and your organization make better and smarter decisions. With powerful in-memory analysis, predictive modelling and a highly visual and intuitive interface, Spotfire gives business and technical professionals the ability to rapidly explore their data, helping them find key insights to give them a unique competitive edge.
Spotfire Analytics is a single platform that spans the spectrum from rapid ad-hoc analysis to building custom analytic applications, from analysing spreadsheet and database data to real-time and event-driven data, and from desktop-based data exploration to widely distributed web-based interactive dashboards. Incorporating powerful statistics, Spotfire is the most powerful analytic platform in the world, giving individuals and organizations an immediate information advantage over their competitors.
23. What is TIBCO Certified Messaging?_text]Answer:
TIBCO certified messaging is an approach to guarantee delivery of every message from sender to its intended recipient. TIBCO certified messaging works on the principle of registration and acknowledgement.(Tibco BW Scenario Based Questions)
24. Explain some errors in while deployment the .ear?_text]Answer:
tibrv failed exception, tibhawk failed exception. No such memory found exception. Connection issues. Port availability exceptions.
25. What is the difference between Filepoller and file adapter?_text]Answer:
File poller is a process starter activity which polls the given file for every polling interval time. It simply read the file and processes the text or binary output.
File adapter poll the set of files for every change event and make them sync as per the requirement.
26. What is the difference between parse data and render data?_text]Answer:
Parse data will parse the text content as per the Data format defined.Render data will render the data from the output and provide a string as per the Data format defined.
(Tibco BW Online Training)27. What is the use of durable subscribers?_text]Answer:
Durable subscribers are those who can subscribe messages at later point of time whenever they are active.
28. What is difference between GUI Mode, Console Mode and Silent mode of installation?_text]Answer:
GUI mode: In this mode we can install in graphical mode, and well instructed steps guide us to install.
No need of change any folder permissions in this mode.
Console mode: In this mode we can install through from command line. We have to run the command to install any tibco product with help of below command.
In this mode we have to modify the permissions for the root folders of every product of tibco.
Silent mode: This mode is similar like Console mode, but here we are saving the installation in a store file. We have to run the below command in Silent mode.
Here also we have to change the ownership as root for the tibco root paths.
29. What are the different modes of service invocation?_text]Answer:
- Services can be invoked in several ways.
- A one-way operation is executed once and does not wait for a response.
- A request-response operation is executed once and waits for one response. In a request-response service, communication flows in both directions.
- The complete interaction consists of two point-to-point messages—a request and a response. The interaction is only considered complete after the response has arrived.
- Publication (notification) means an operation sends information on an as-needed basis, potentially multiple times.
- Subscription means incoming information is processed on an as-needed basis, potentially multiple times.
30. What is the difference between shared variable, job shared variable, process variables and global variables?_text]Answer:
- Shared variables can be accessible by multiple process definitions, and can
- Changeable by any process definition.
- Job Shared variables can be accessible within the execution jobs, and it will maintain a copy of variable for every job (execution).
- Process Variables can only be access for a particular process where it gets defined.
- Global variable can be accessible by across the project. Global variable can be edit
- at runtime too in Tibco administrator.
31. What is use of HAWK and what are the components present in HAWK?_text]Answer:
HAWK is the tibco monitoring tool which can monitor the health of system, applicationsand can be manage the applications too.Hawk contains 3 major components, hawk display, hawk agents, and hawk micro-agents.(Tibco BW Scenario Based Questions)
32. What is the difference between Request-Response and Request-Response Invocation service?_text]
Request-response acts on a server while Request-Response invocation service acts on client.(Tibco Video Tutorials)
33. What is file based storage and database storage in TIBCO EMS and where we will configure it?_text]Answer:
In file based store all messages will be saved on disk. Where as in database storage all messages will write on db. If we check in stores.conf we can find file storage and database storage. By default any message will be stored in the file.
Note: In EMS 6.0 there is no concept of server or data base storage. By default all the messages gets stored on the disc itself.
34. What are the configuration files present in EMS/?._text]Answer:
tibe msd. conf – EMS server config file which reads other config files queues.conf, topics.conf, durables. conf, acl. conf, user.conf, group.conf, bridges.conf, route.conf etc.
35. What is the role of domain utility?_text]Answer:
Domain utility: is used to create, delete, and modify tibco domains.
- To add machines to the specific domain.
- To add EMS server plug-in to the tibco domains.
- To modify server settings and http ports.
36. What is the need of monitoring?_text]Answer:
To handle network health checks even when the administrator is not before the system we write some rule bases in HAWK and this HAWK will do the monitoring.
37. What is persistent, nonresistent queue in EMS?_text]Answer:
Persistent in EMS (Enterprise Messaging Service) is to store the messages on disk or database, so that we can get the data from dist or database at later point of time when consumer is available.
Non Persistent: Non persistent in EMS that the messages were not store at dist or database. They will remains in EMS server and expire after reaching the expiration limit.
38. What is static queue, dynamic queue and temporary queue?_text]Answer:
Static queues are those created through tibco ems admin tool.Dynamic queues are created on top of EMS server. They can be created at designer levelor at client level.Temporary queues will exist until the application and client connection exists.
39. What is the use of transaction?_text]Answer:
Transaction is used to perform All or nothing .If everything is successful then all will be commited ot else will be roll back .
It supports two types of Transactions
The JDBC Transaction type provides transaction support only for the JDBC activities, and it does not provide transaction support for JMS or Checkpoint resources. The JDBC Transaction group allows you to perform multiple database operations within the group as a single unit of work. All database operations performed within the transaction group are either committed or rolled back.
The XA Transaction type allows you to perform JDBC and JMS operations within the group as a single unit of work. All JDBC and JMS operations performed within the transaction group are either committed or rolled back.
(Tibco BW Scenario Based Questions)40. What is lock object and where it is used?_text]Answer:
It will allow only one process instance to access the data at a point of time.It will used along with critical section group in shared variables.
41. What is TIBCO Spotfire?_text]Answer:
Spotfire’s Enterprise Player, when combined with Core Lab’s RAPID database, allows our clients to perform analytics on the data sets being generated in our Joint Industry Projects. Each active Joint Industry Project has a Spotfire Analytical Template associated with it which allows our clients to investigate the various data sets through tabular and graphical displays.
Each display can be filtered by a wide variety of data types stored in our RAPID database such as formation, country, geologic basin, porosity, permeability, geochemistry parameters, etc. Spotfire is extremely easy to use and provides a powerful resource in reservoir evaluation.
Go through this insightful blog to learn more about TIBCO Spotfire.
42. What are Spotfire Shared Folders?_text]Answer:
Spotfire Cloud allows you to share what you discover instantly. In order to share Spotfire analysis files, you must save the file to a folder in your library. Personal users create folders in their online library; Work Group users can create folders in both their online or desktop libraries. Folders can be public, shared (by you or with you) or private depending on your subscription type.
43. What is the difference between SOAP Event Source and Service Activity?_text]Answer:
Using the SOAP Event Source, you can run only one operation at a time. While using the Service Palette you can run multiple operations simultaneously
The “SOAP Event Source” process starter creates a process instance for incoming SOAP requests. SOAP is a standard protocol for invoking web services. This allows you to create a web service using process definitions. Upon retrieval of the WSDL, the client can perform a SOAP request to invoke the web service.
44. What Is The Command Line Utility Used To Get Configuration xml Of Command Line Applications?_text]Answer:
App Manage is the command line used to get the configuration xml of command line applications.
(Tibco BW Scenario Based Questions)45. What are the modes of TIBCO BW Installations?_text]
In GUI mode, invoke the installer by double-clicking the executable file TIBCO Universal Installer.The installer presents windows that you can use to select the product components, its location, and so proceed with your inputs.
In console mode, you invoke the installer from a command prompt or a terminal window.This mode is useful if your machine does not have a Windows
In silent mode, the installer installs without prompting you for information. Silent mode either installs using the default settings or uses a response file that was saved during an earlier installation
46. What are the 4 main panels of the Designer window?_text]Answer:
The 4 main panels of the Designer window are
Project Panel: This panel shows project hierarchy.
Design Panel: This panel is used to design new BW Processes in TIBCO.
Palette Panel: This Panel has all the available Palettes with bundled activities which can be dragged and used in design panel during process development.
Configuration Panel: Configurations including input, output details for any activity are specified in the configuration panel.
47. What are the conditions in transitions?_text]Answer:
a)Success :- Take this transition unconditionally. That is, always transition to the activity the transition points to, if the activity completes successfully.This is the default condition for transitions.
b)Success with condition :- Specify a custom condition using XPath. If the activity completes successfully, and the condition you create evaluates to true, the transition is taken to the activity it points to.You can type in an XPath condition, and you can use the XPath formula builder to drag and drop XPath expressions and data into the condition.
c)Success if no matching condition :- Take this transition when the activity completes successfully, but only if no other transitions are taken. This is useful when multiple transitions with conditions are drawn to other activities. This condition type can be used to handle any cases not handled by the conditions on the other transitions.
d)Error :- Take this transition if there is an error during processing of the activity.48. Can you please explain the uses of enterprise service bus (ESB)?_text]Answer:
ESB or enterprise service bus is an integrated, message-based solution, which is distributed, built on open source standards.
Enterprise service bus facilitates reliable, secure communications between various IT resources like platforms, applications, and services distributed across multiple systems all throughout an organization.
49. When we should use Reliable RV messaging and certified messaging?_text]Answer:
Certified RV messaging should be used for critical messaging where delivery of each and every message is very important. Certified message delivery protocols offer stronger assurances of delivery, along with tighter control, greater flexibility and fine- grained reporting. Reliable RV messaging is preferred when message sending is urgent but not critical.
50. What are the features of Spotfire?_text]Answer:
- Analyse and explore data with intuitive, interactive visualizations
- Bar charts, scatter plots, treemaps, box plots, map charts etc.
- In-Memory data architecture provides incredible speed and flexibility
- Direct access to corporate and local data sources, including spreadsheets
- SAP BW, SAP R/3, Oracle E-Business Suite, Salesforce.com, any ODBC database etc.
- Excel, csv, any flat data file
- Create and distribute analytic applications for the Web
- Zero Footprint Client; no coding required
- Easily creates sophisticated statistical analysis
- Tight integration between S+ statistical package and Spotfire
- Analyse event-driven and real-time data
- Tight integration with TIBCO infrastructure products
_inner]_inner][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6jYB-EhBdk” align=”center”][/vc_row_inner][_heading text=”Share and Get 50+ Free Tibco Tutorial Videos” font_container=”tag:h3|font_size:26px|text_align:center|color:%23dd3333″ google_fonts=”font_family:Roboto%3A100%2C100italic%2C300%2C300italic%2Cregular%2Citalic%2C500%2C500italic%2C700%2C700italic%2C900%2C900italic|font_style:700%20bold%20regular%3A700%3Anormal”] seperator_indeed_locker=”” lk_sl=”fb,tw,pt,li” lk_t=”ism_template_2″ lk_lt=”5″ lk_tl=”120″ lk_rl=”1″ lk_lra=”1″ lk_lrt=”hours” lk_io=”default” lk_dm=”0″ lk_thm=”0″ lk_tuo=”0″ ru_on=”0″ uhc_on=”0″ ur_on=”0″ ref_on=”0″ lk_lb=”rgba(0,0,0,0.31)”]][ title=”Free Videos” style=”flat” shape=”round” color=”turquoise” size=”lg” align=”center” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-file-video-o” button_block=”true” add_icon=”true” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fsvrtechnologies.com%2Ftibco-training%2Ffree-tibco-videos||target:%20_blank|”]