1. What is TIBCO Spotfire? (Tibco Spotfire Interview Questions)_text]
Spotfire’s Enterprise Player, when combined with Core Lab’s RAPID database, allows our clients to perform analytics on the data sets being generated in our Joint Industry Projects. Each active Joint Industry Project has a Spotfire Analytical Template associated with it which allows our clients to investigate the various data sets through tabular and graphical displays.
Each display can be filtered by a wide variety of data types stored in our RAPID database such as formation, country, geologic basin, porosity, permeability, geochemistry parameters, etc. Spotfire is extremely easy to use and provides a powerful resource in reservoir evaluation.
2. What is Spotfire Cloud?_text]Answer:
Spotfire Cloud is the leading data visualization and cloud-based business analytics software available today. Spotfire enables users to create beautiful, interactive visualizations from their laptop or tablet. While traditional business intelligence tools force the user to know what question to ask first, Spotfire allows users to explore trends, outliers and previously undiscovered insights in their data.
3. What are the uses of checkpoint and confirm activity?_text]
- Confirm activity is deployed to provide client acknowledgements.
- Checkpoint averts failures in BW Engine and makes sure to avoid duplications while saving the process state.
4. Can you change a value of a global variable at runtime?_text]
- You can change the value of a global variable when you deploy your project in TIBCO Administrator training Bangalore.
See the section on modifying runtime variables in TIBCO BusinessWorks Administration for more information on using TIBCO Administrator.
- You can also specify values for global variables when starting a process engine on the command line. To do this, specify the following as a command line argument when starting the process engine:
- where variable Path And Name is the name of the variable you wish to set, including the path to the variable if it is contained in a folder. Value is the value you wish to set the variable to.
- For example, if you have a global variable named item1 contained in a folder named myGroup and you wish to set its value to 500, add the following argument to the command line when starting the process engine:
-tibco. client Var. my Group/item1 500.
5. What are the three levels of validations that can be performed in TIBCO designer?_text]
Following are the three levels of validations supported by TIBCO BW:
1. Activity level validation
2. Process level validation
3. Project level validation
6. Can you tell me at least four starter activities and when they get executed?_text]
1) Adapter subscriber, adap request response server :-When ever a message comes into a destination queue or network, listens to a request from a adapter and sends a response back to that adapter
2) File poller :- polls for any changes that occur in the file and with any change grabs the whole file.
3) Timer:- receive notification Starts a process on the time specified ex: before JDBC QUERY, starts a process on receiving of data from a notify activity.
4) http receiver :-Starts a process based on a request from http server.
5) Jms queue receiver, jms topic subscriber :- Starts a process when ever a new message comes into the specified queue, starts a process when ever there is a new message in the specified topic.
6) Receive mail :- The Receive Mail process starter polls a POP3 mail server for new mail. When new mail is detected and retrieved, the Receive Mail process starter starts a new process for the process definition it resides in and passes the mail data to the next activity in the process flow.
7) Rv subscriber:- The Rendezvous Subscriber process starter creates a process when a TIBCO Rendezvous message on the given subject is received.
8)Cool Rmi server :- The RMI Server process starter registers the specified remote object name with the specified registry server and then creates process instances to handle incoming requests for the object. The process definition acts as the implementation of the specified object. (Online Training Institute)
9) Soap event source :- The SOAP Event Source process starter creates a process instance for incoming SOAP requests. SOAP is a standard protocol for invoking web services. This allows you to create a web service using process definitions.
At runtime, a client can retrieve the WSDL file for a process containing this process starter using an HTTP request. Once the WSDL is retrieved, the client can perform a SOAP request to invoke the web service.
10)Tcp receiver The TCP Receiver process starter starts a new process when a client requests a TCP connection.(Tibco Spotfire Interview Questions)
7. What is Generate Error activity? What the applications of it?_text]
This activity generates an error and causes an immediate transition to any error transitions. If there are no error transitions, the process instance halts execution. This activity is useful in a group or in a called process. If you would like to catch and raise your own error conditions, you can use this activity to do so. (Tibco Spotfire Interview Questions and Answers Pdf)
8. What is Schema and why do we create schema?_text]
Schema is used to create a XML schema file in which we add the variables which we want to use in our designer process. We can create the elements under which we can add the typed variables. The structure formed will be in the form of tree structure.
9. What are acknowledgement modes and where do you set them and what is the applicability of each mode?_text]
The acknowledge mode for incoming messages.
Can be one of the following:
- Auto : the message is automatically acknowledged when it is received.
- Client: the message will be acknowledged at a later point by using the Confirm activity. If the message is not confirmed before the process instance ends, the message is redelivered and a new process instance is created to handle the new incoming message. Ensure that your process definition confirms the message when using this acknowledge mode.
- TIBCO EMS Explicit Client Acknowledge: this mode behaves exactly the same as the Client mode, except the session is not blocked and one session can handle all incoming messages.
- Dups OK: the message is acknowledged automatically when it is received. JMS provides this mode for lazy acknowledgement, but TIBCO BusinessWorks acknowledges messages upon receipt.
- Transactional: this mode is used when a Transction that can process JMS messages is included in the process definition.
- The message is acknowledged when the Transction commits. See TIBCO BusinessWorks Process Design Guide for more information about creating transction JMS activities can participate in.
10. What is the purpose of the inspector activity?_text]Answer:
The Inspector activity is used to write the output of any or all activities and process variables to a file and/or stdout. This is particularly useful when debugging process definitions and you wish to see the entire schema instead of mapping specific elements to the Write File activity.
11. How to use legacy .dat file format with latest designer?_text]
Convert .dat file to multi file project using Administration tab while starting up Designer(Other one being Project tab) and then open the multifile project in the normal way.
12. Can there be two error transitions out of an activity?_text]
No. There can be only one Error and one Success if no matching condition transition out of each activity. (Tibco Spotfire Interview Questions)
13. What is the difference between JMS Queue Receiver and JMS Queue Requestor Activity?_text]Answer:
JMS Queue Receiver is a process starter activity that starts a process whenever a new message is available in a queue while JMS Queue Requestor is a non-starter (normal) activity which is used to request for a message to a queue and gets back a response.
14. What is Tibco?_text]Answer:
Tibco makes integration server software for enterprises. An integration server allows a company to mix packaged applications, custom software, and legacy software for use across internal and external networks. Tibco’s patented approach is called Information Bus (TIB)and Tibco says that it has been used in financial services, telecommunications, electronic commerce, transportation, manufacturing, and energy.
Active Enterprise is Tibco’s integration server package that supports both message-bus and hub-and-spoke integration server models. The message-bus model connects the different applications to a common backbone using application adapters. The hub-and-spoke model connects all applications to a central server. Tibco’s latest addition to Active Enterprise is Business Works, which uses Web Services technology.
15. Explain the process configuration parameters – Max Jobs, Flow Limit & Activation Limit?_text]
Max Jobs : Max Jobs specifies the number of process instances that are kept in memmory. Once this limit is reached newly created process instances (subject to flow limit) are paged out to disk.0 specifies no limit and is the default.
Flow Limit : Flow Limit specifies the maximum number of running process instances that are spawned before the process starter is suspended ie it enters a FLOW_CONTROLLED state and does not accept new events. This can be used to control the number of process instances running simultaneously and when the protocol generating the event can store the event till it is received, like email servers, JMS, RV etc. 0 specifies no limit and is the default.
Activation Limit : Activation limit flag specifies that once a process instance is loaded it must be placed in memory till it completes execution. By default it is enabled.
16. Tell me about bridges. Why do we use them, Syntax to create bridges, use of message selector?_text]Answer:
Some applications require the same message to be sent to more than one destination possibly of different types. So we use bridges.
17. What is the use of global variables?_text]Answer:
Global variables are useful in order to provide dynamic input at the run time.
18. What are break points?_text]
Break points are used to check the inputs and outputs of each activity during testing the design so that we can debug our design. We can place the check points for all activities on input and output side. (Tibco Spotfire Interview Questions)
19. When is a ‘No Action’ group used?_text]Answer:
‘No Action’ group used to have a set of activities having a common error transition.
20. What activity can be used to set the value of a ‘User defined process variable’?_text]Answer:
The ‘Assign‘ activity can be used to set the value of a ‘User defined process variable’.
21. When is a ‘Generate Error’ activity useful?_text]Answer:
When you handle an error inside a called sub-process or group and want to re-throw the error to the caller (happens by default if you don’t handle the error in the called process).
22. How Restful web services can be developed in TIBCO?_text]Answer:
TIBCO provides a Plugin for REST and JSON which can be used to develop Restful web services in TIBCO designer.
23. What is difference between fault tolerant and Load balanced deployment in TIBCO?_text]
Load balancing: Load balancing is done between two or more servers where the load is distributed between servers to avoid any server crashes due to heavy load on a single server.
Fault tolerance: Fault tolerance is achieved between two servers where one server acts as a primary and the second server acts as a secondary/backup server for the primary server. Whenever failure occurs for primary server, the backup secondary server becomes the primary server.
24. What is the difference between Filepoller and file adapter?_text]Answer:
File poller is a process starter activity which polls the given file for every polling interval time. It simply read the file and processes the text or binary output.
File adapter poll the set of files for every change event and make them sync as per the requirement.
25. What is the use of spawn option in called process?_text]
If spawn is checked, then that process will be executes externally with main process. And we are not support to make this spawn when we are using job shared variables. (Tibco Spotfire Interview Questions)
26. What is the use of transaction?_text]
Transaction is used to perform All or nothing .If everything is successful then all will be commited ot else will be roll back .
It supports two types of Transactions
The JDBC Transaction type provides transaction support only for the JDBC activities, and it does not provide transaction support for JMS or Checkpoint resources. The JDBC Transaction group allows you to perform multiple database operations within the group as a single unit of work. All database operations performed within the transaction group are either committed or rolled back. (Tibco Training Online)
The XA Transaction type allows you to perform JDBC and JMS operations within the group as a single unit of work. All JDBC and JMS operations performed within the transaction group are either committed or rolled back.
27. What is the difference between reliable, certified, distributed queues in RV?_text]
Reliable: Delivery guarantee in the reliable mode, subscriber can send the re-transmission request for the lost packets.
Certified: Certified messaging assures that both pub/subs are in certified mode of message delivery. And packets/messages will be stored on a ledger file. So that lost messages or packets can be delivered as per the re-transmission request.
Distributed: Distribute Queue is to share load between the workers; this will handled by Load balancing concept. Whoever is having highest work will be acting as scheduler and also we can decide worker capacity as well DQ-Load balancing!
28. What is difference between publish by value, publishby reference modes in ADB adapter?_text]Answer:
Publish by value: in this type the changes in the source table are reflected in the p_ table and the data is taken from there. its used when high speed is required. it dose not support data types like oracle long.
publish by reference: in this type the data is directly taken from the source table where only the primary key will come from p_ table. it allows data types like oracle long.
loss of changes in the source table can be lost bcos of the waiting time.(this can be avoided using alerter).
29. What is the purpose of “Retrieve Resource” activity?_text]
The Retrieve Resources activity generates a WSDL file containing a concrete service (Conrete WSDL) description of any process definition that has a SOAP Event Source process starter. This allows clients to access the WSDL for a web service. The client can then use the WSDL file to invoke the web service. The Retrieve Resources activity can also be used to retrieve any other resources, including XSDs and WSIL. (Tibco Spotfire Online Training)
30. What is force redeployment?_text]
- Selecting Force redeployment of all services to redeploy all services even if a
- service is in a synchronized state. This is useful if you have manually changed
- deployment files, or if you need to define NT Services to multiple hosts in a
- Microsoft Cluster.
31. What is the role of domain utility?_text]Answer:
- Domain utility: is used to create, delete, and modify tibco domains.
- To add machines to the specific domain.
- To add EMS server plug-in to the tibco domains.
- To modify server settings and http ports.
32. What is the difference between SOAP Over JMS/HTTP?_text]Answer:
The advantage of using “SOAP over JMS” over “SOAP over HTTP” is reliability as you may use the persistence and acknowledgment features built in the standard. The same applies if you need to establish asynchronous communication or need to use the load balancing features provided by JMS servers. You can achieve this using http but the implementation would be much more complicated. (Tibco Spotfire Interview Questions)
33. What is difference between GUI Mode, Console Mode and Silent mode of installation?_text]
- GUI mode: In this mode we can install in graphical mode, and well instructed steps guide us to install.
- No need of change any folder permissions in this mode.
- Console mode: In this mode we can install through from command line. We have to run the command to install any tibco product with help of below command.
- In this mode we have to modify the permissions for the root folders of every product of tibco.
- Silent mode: This mode is similar like Console mode, but here we are saving the installation in a store file. We have to run the below command in Silent mode.
- Here also we have to change the ownership as root for the tibco root paths.
(Tibco Training Videos)34. What is flow limit, max jobs and activation limit?_text]
Maximum number of concurrently running process instances to start before suspending the process starter.
Maximum number of process instances that can concurrently be loaded into memory.
Once a process instance is loaded it must remain in memory until it completes.
35. What is the difference between Get JMS queue and Wait for JMS queue message activity?_text]Answer:
The Get JMS Queue Message activity retrieves a message from the specified queue. This activity allows you to perform a receive operation on the queue as opposed to waiting for a queue message to be delivered to the Wait for JMS Queue Message activity or the JMS Queue Receiver process starter.
The Wait for JMS Queue Message activity uses event key which is the ‘JMSCorrelationID’ to filter the right response with the right job. The ‘key’ is the ‘JMSMessageID’ sent by the Queue Sender activity.
36. What is the need of monitoring?_text]Answer:
To handle network health checks even when the administrator is not before the system we write some rule bases in HAWK and this HAWK will do the monitoring.
37. What is a subject based messaging?_text]Answer:
RV follows Subject based messaging where all publishers publish the message on subject name and interested subscribers are listening on this subject. It’s pure bus architecture.
38. Which command is used to delete all the messages from a queue or topic?_text]
Purge command is used to delete all the pending messages from a queue. For example, if you want to purge a queue named ‘queue.ajmal’; you can run following command in TIBCO EMS Administrator.
39. How do wait-notify resources work?_text]Answer:
Basically wait and notify should share a common notification configuration which is just a schema definition for data that will be passed from notifier to waiter. Specific instances of waiter & notifier are corrrelated via a key.
For example: when one process is in wait state for key ‘Order-1’, it waits till another process issues a notification with the same key value. (Tibco Spotfire Interview Questions)
40. What are the different kinds of condition types you can have in transition? Explain Them?_text]
a)Success :– Take this transition unconditionally. That is, always transition to the activity the transition points to, if the activity completes successfully.
This is the default condition for transitions.
b)Success with condition :– Specify a custom condition using XPath. If the activity completes successfully, and the condition you create evaluates to true, the transition is taken to the activity it points to.
You can type in an XPath condition, and you can use the XPath formula builder to drag and drop XPath expressions and data into the condition. See Chapter 9, XPath for more information about specifying XPath conditions and using the XPath formula builder.
c)Success if no matching condition :– Take this transition when the activity completes successfully, but only if no other transitions are taken. This is useful when multiple transitions with conditions are drawn to other activities. This condition type can be used to handle any cases not handled by the conditions on the other transitions.
d)Error :– Take this transition if there is an error during processing of the activity.
41. What is fault tolerance and Load Balancing in tibco EMS and where to configure?_text]
Fault Tolerance: The arrangement of failover recovery in EMS to assist client communications to EMS is called Fault Tolerance. Setting up primary and secondary EMS servers in an environment.
42. What are the differences between topics and queues?_text]Answer:
- Both topics and queues are applied in transportation and storage of messages in EMS.
- While the use of queues is for point-to-point communication, the use of topics is found in publish-subscribe.
- Queues assure message delivery even when the receivers or readers are not active.
- In the case of topics, messages are not sent when consumers are not active.
- Queues, when compared to topics, are more reliable and secure.
43. What happens if I put a static value say ‘nitin’ in the sequencing key?_text]
All the processes which have this key in their sequencing key field will be executed in the order they were created.
44. What are the options for configuring storage for process engine’s checkpoint repository?_text]
The options for configuring storage for process engine’s checkpoint repository are:
- Local File
- Database. Fault tolerant engines can recover from a checkpoint only when database is used.
45. What is the difference between shared variable, job shared variable, process variables and global variables?_text]
Shared variables can be accessible by multiple process definitions, and can Changeable by any process definition.
Job Shared variables can be accessible within the execution jobs, and it will maintain a copy of variable for every job (execution).
Process Variables can only be access for a particular process where it gets defined.
Global variable can be accessible by across the project. Global variable can be edit at runtime too in Tibco administrator.
46. What are the transactions in tibco?_text]
In tibco every transaction is a business related message. We have JNDI, XA transactions available in tibco. (Tibco Spotfire Interview Questions)
47. Explain some errors in while deployment the .ear?_text]
tibrv failed exception, tibhawk failed exception. No such memory found exception. Connection issues. Port availability exceptions.
48. Explain critical section group?_text]Answer:
A critical section group controls the shared variables modification by other processes while the job is running at critical section group. We select lock object along with critical section group.
49. What is the difference between SOAP Event Source and Service Activity?_text]
Using the SOAP Event Source, you can run only one operation at a time. While using the Service Palette you can run multiple operations simultaneously
The “SOAP Event Source” process starter creates a process instance for incoming SOAP requests. SOAP is a standard protocol for invoking web services. This allows you to create a web service using process definitions. Upon retrieval of the WSDL, the client can perform a SOAP request to invoke the web service.
50. Where we define error schema for generate error activity?_text]
Will have to define in END activity error schema tab so that it will get deflect on generate error tab.