JNDI Usage For Weblogic
- JNDI (Java Naming and Directory Interface) is a Java EE lookup service that maps names to services and resources.
- JNDI provides a directory of advertising resources that exist on a particular stand-alone (unclustered) WebLogic server or within a WebLogic server cluster.
- Examples of such resources include JMS connection factories, JMS destinations, JDBC (database) data sources, and application EJBs.
- A client connecting to any WebLogic server in a WebLogic cluster can transparently reference any JNDI advertised service or resource hosted on any WebLogic server within the cluster. (E learning Portal)
- The client doesn’t require explicit knowledge of which particular WebLogic server in the cluster hosts the desired resource.