HOW TO CREATE A REPORT IN SALESFORCE
Salesforce is an American cloud computing company. It is headquartered in San Francisco and California. Salesforce is an enterprise that offer’s within the Salesforce platform. It provides various companies with an interface for case management and task management. How to create a report in Salesforce provide’s a number of reports which cover all common objectives in this platform. If you want your reports to increase your business process, you’ll soon you’ll want to create of your own custom reports. ( HOW TO CREATE A REPORT IN SALESFORCE)
How to create a report in salesforce follow below steps:
Step-1 Create a new report
select “New Report” from the Salesforce reports tab.
How to create a report in salesforce The first thing is to select your report type. After selecting the report type, you end up in the Report Builder,where you can customize your own report. The three main areas for Report Builder are
The fields panel – select’s the fields to drag into the preview area or filters area.
1. The filters panel – restrict’s the data displayed in your report (how salesforce works).
2. The preview panel – the format of the report you want to view and in the columns you want to display in your report.
3. The fields panel – select’s the fields to drag into the preview area or filters area.
Step-2 – Choose the report format
How to Create a report in salesforce it offers 4 types of report formats.They are as follows:
- By default, you will get a tabular report format such that How to create a report in salesforce
- A variance in this the summary format where you will can group your data by selected objectives.
- The matrix format allows you to pivot your data to show a numeric field (e.g. Amount, Salesforce Administrator) summarized by row and column objects (e.g. Country in rows and Lead Source in Columns). This is like using a Pivot Table in Excel.
- Finally a joined report allows you to select a second report type and to group these by a common object. Each of the base reports is displayed as a block.
How to create a report in salesforce You can select one of seven chart types:
bar, column, line, pie, donut or scatter. You have some control over how the chart is displayed.
Step-3 – How to create a report in salesforce Choose the columns to display
The columns are listed in left side of the report builder. To drag and drop of your chosen fields to display area of the report on the right screen. It will show you a sample of your data How to create a report in salesforce
You can also choose to create a bucket field. It can create a custom grouping from a set of values. How to create a report in salesforce By creating formulas by using matrix and joined formats. Formulas can be display in all subtotal level and grand total level.
You can’t create formulas at the row level.
Formulas are to be used to display aggregated,KPI type gives you information reports.
To show the average order value and win rate for our sales people:
- How to Create a report in salesforce,to set the report type of opportunity
- Changes the report format to the summary
- Add a grouping on opportunity owner
- Create a formulas for average values
- Create a formulas for win rate How to create a report in salesforce
- Set the format of the formula to the percentage.
- Under the menu, switch off the Details. so,this will roll-up the detail fields and just show the report of summary level.
Step-4 – Now Add the filter logic to your report
How to create a report in salesforce By default you have 2 filters on a new report:
- Show – this gives you a chance to indicate whether the report simply demonstrate records the present client claims.
- Date Field – this gives you a chance to pick a date field from the accessible dates in your report compose. You would then be able to pick the day and age to show from a drop down rundown.This incorporates a choice to show dates forever.
To add an extra filters by choosing “Field Filter” from the add filters drop down Or else you can drag a field from the list of fields the left into over the filter area.They you can specifies a filter condition.
If you want multiple filters then you can add them to filter area. By default, your fields are added by using the AND operator. So that all the filter conditions must be true for the record to be displayed. If you want to create’s more complex logic including ‘AND’ and ‘OR’ conditions, then you can select Filter Logic from the add filter drop down.
For tabular formats you can also add a row limit to the number of result rows returned. This is useful to create a top on report.
For tabular formats, both summary and matrix reports can also be add one or more cross filters. This lets you apply a filter against an object that isn’t in the current report type. The cross filter would also allow you to view contacts with (or without, Salesforce Developer) opportunities.
By adding filters to joined reports. For joined reports, you can also add filters to each type of report you have to add to your report. How to create a report in salesforce,it gives you a filter area for each types of reports. It is using like cross filters on other type of report formats. The main difference between is to a joined report that you can display fields from their objects that you are joining too.
Step-5 – How to create a report in salesforce for save and share of your report
When you have made your report you can click save and specify whether you want to store it in your own folder or to a common folder (how to use salesforce software)
If you run the report, under the Run Report button, you can schedule future runs of the report. (MuleSoft Cost)
It enables you to perform the report to run (e.g. day by day, week by week or month to month). Then after email it to yourself and selected workers.But, you don’t have full control over the time when the report is run.