Sap Ariba Interview Questions and Answers
1. What is the Ariba system?
Ans: SAP Ariba is an American software and information technology services company it is located in Palo Alto, California. It was developed or proposed by German software maker SAP SE for $4.3 billion in 2012. (Sap Ariba Interview Questions)
2. will you offer product training with SAP Ariba Start Sourcing?
Ans: Yes. You can get an experienced training and education to learn the skills you will need to use and drive successful adoption of SAP Ariba Start Sourcing within your company. including Training resource
User training: Basic user training sessions are pre-recorded, web-based tutorials focused on the tasks required to successfully using service. it is Available in English, 24 hours per day.
Supplier training: You can also obtain training support for your suppliers. Supplier training sessions are also pre-recorded, web-based tutorials that can help them with the tasks what they required to successfully use the online service. Available in English, 24 hours per day.
3. Can you tell us about Budget checks in Ariba procurement solution?
Ans: The budget check feature is available in Ariba procurement solution, so by default, it is not enabled for all the customers while undergoing a default configuration. Once this feature is enabled then the Ariba procurement software will be able to check the budget check for each and every purchase at the customer site.
4. What are active and Passive Components?
Ans: ACTIVE COMPONENTS
The components which can gives or release the energy in the form of current or voltage are called as active components.
Ex: transistors etc.
The components which can be able to stores the energy in the form of current or voltage are called as passive components.
Ex: inductors,resistors,capacitors etc,.
5. Why should the Ariba hire you?
Ans: This is one of the part consists where you link your skills, experience, education and your personality to the job itself. Why
do you want to be utterly familiar with the job description as well as the company culture. Remember, it’s best to back them up with actual examples of say, how you are a good team player. It also possible that you may not have as much skills, experience or qualifications as the other candidates. (online It courses-svr)
6. How quickly I can expect to see some savings?
Ans: SAP Ariba Start Sourcing to customers to get experienced average purchase price reductions of 8 percent to 14 percent in projects that run less than six weeks, from start to finish.
7. What is SAP Ariba Start Sourcing?
Ans: SAP Ariba Start Sourcing, powered and supported by FreeMarkets technology and services, is an intuitive, web-based RFX management tool that empowers you to create, execute, and manage sourcing events right from your desktop. It’s cloud-based SaaS technology, delivered on demand.
8. Without any training on domain with out any document only with the help of build screen is it possible to write testcases?
Ans: Yes, it is possible to write the test cases with the screen nut and only the happy flow of the test cases can be written. in order to write behaviour need you to testing to know the exact functionality of the software either written in document or via training.
9. What can you do for Ariba? “What can you do for this company?”
Ans: this question will be asked to collect your knowledge for the company and competence as well. Firstly you make sure that you have gathered all information about the company before attending the interview and understand which tasks are waiting for you. You should offer examples to explain why your education, skills, and experience will be precious aspects to become an employer. Also consider variation comparison in your goals to objectives of the company and hiring position.
10. Where does Ariba store in SAP’s evolving cloud strategy?
Ans: The four areas of the SAP cloud application story are: budget, people, customer and suppliers. it is Just as SuccessFactors
and is the core of the “people” segment, Ariba will constitute the core of the “suppliers” category. it is as a part of SAP’s enterprise cloud strategy (i.e., applications, platform, infrastructure), Ariba can serves as a new “business network” category, suppliers, customers and partners.
11. Can you tell me the what range for this position?
Ans: In many cases, the interviewer, taken off guard, and will tell you. If it will not, say that it can depend on the details of the job. Then give a wide range.
12. Is there any posibble to Our legal department would like to make some changes to your subscription agreement?
Ans: No, the subscription agreement are not permitted to any change. SAP Ariba’s pricing structure and it does not allow for the maintenance of individual agreements for every SAP Ariba Start Sourcing customer.
13. Distinguish between an interface and abstract class?
Ans: An Interface contsists only the definition / signature of functionality, and if we have some common functionality as well as common signatures, then we need to use an abstract class. By using an abstract class, we can provide behavior as well as functionality also both in the same time. Another developer inheriting abstract class can also use this functionality easily, as they would only need to fill in the blanks.
14. Why budgeting is important for any organization and how Ariba procurement solution can help in this scenario?
Ans: a budget is set for any sector for an organization so that their day to day operations or businesses flow flawlessly. So, once the budget is allowed it is made evident that anything that needs to be purchased or procured should fall within the budgets, so the ERP solutions actually help you record this information but it doesn’t provide you with an intelligent way to spend less on the right deals. So when the budgets are allocated and all the information is actually provided in an SAP ERP system, the same data should also be incorporated into Ariba procurement solution. whenever a requisition happens there is one more validation that happens at your SAP Ariba system where the budget check happens one more time. This is the more sort of a validation which is done against the budget allowance for that particular sector.
15. Name the key features of SAP Ariba Start Sourcing?
Ans: No monthly subscription fee
- RFX creation and management
- Integration with SAP Ariba Discovery
- Competitive bidding
- Supplier profile and response management
- Communications and messaging
- Global and multi-lingual capabilities
- Multi-currency options reporting.
16. Is SAP purchases Ariba?
Ans: Yes, SAP purchased Ariba Inc. in May 2012 for about $4.3 billion. As per July 2014, roughly 1.5 million companies use the Ariba Network, according to SAP.
17. Why does a Spot Quote look more different than a normal Ariba Discovery response?
Ans: Buyers use Ariba Sourcing to get a Spot Quote event and purchase order in their ERP back-end system. When a seller gets a Spot Quote RFQ from Ariba Discovery, their response can go back to the buyer through Ariba Sourcing, by not Ariba Discovery, which is why the user interface are different to see than a normal Discovery response.
18. Do you have explain SAP Ariba in a single sentence. if then what would that be?
Ans: The best meaning that gives the entire picture of SAP Ariba is.
Making procurement more efficient and less costly.
19. what are the benefits of using SAP Ariba?
Ans: there are many benefits associated with the use of SAP Ariba procurement solution, few of them are as follows here.
- It gives a platform for the buyers and sellers to collaborate and grow their businesses
- It comes with low installation costs and it does not cost you to any high-level infrastructure needs
- It has a user-friendly web interface service where the users will able to access the tool without any ambiguity
- It can be easy to integrated into any existing ERP or back office system
- it Helps you understand the spending pattern of the organization
- Provides meaningful insights and helps the users to close better deals.
20. What is the mission of SAP Ariba?
Ans: The mission of SAP Ariba is to bridge the gap between the buyers and sellers and also provide them to with a unique platform where the transactions and the business are happen smoothly.
21. Mention key benefits for Ariba procurement solution?
Ans: The key benefits for Ariba procurement solution are as given below.
- Can unlock the value of an ERP solution with a simple OCI integration
- Can increase the user adoption
- Can increase in spend coverage.
- It contains lot to offer when it comes to compliance.
22. Why are you offered SAP Ariba Start Sourcing for free?
Ans: Ariba Network is the new and latest marketplace for digital business and it having features than 2.5 million. it enables suppliers from around the world, eager to compete for your business. Quite frankly, we need to introduce you to this large and growing community to suppliers for help you to reduce supply costs and risks though encouraging new business for them.
23. Will I receive product upgrades and updates automatically, and have no charge?
Ans: Yes. Your free subscription is delivered as SaaS. So your SAP Ariba Start Sourcing solution is upgraded automatically without any charge whenever we issue major product releases and service packs.
24. Why do you want to work with Ariba?
Ans: The interviewer wants to see how much you know about the company culture, and whether you can identify with the organization’s values and vision. Every organization consists its strong points, and these are the ones that you should highlight in your answer. if the company emphasizes on integrity with customers, you consider that you would like to be in such a team because you believe yourself in integrity. . In the case that your values are not in the way with the ones by the company, ask yourself if you would be happy working there. If you don’t have no issue with that, go ahead. But if you get awareness about the company culture and must realize that there is some dilemma you might be facing, you ought to think twice.
25. Distinguish between SAP MM, SRM and Ariba?
Ans: SAP MM: It deals with whole material management solution which having procurement and inventory management.
SAP SRM: It is a enterprise buyer professional software, and it links with customer and supplier directly . End customer can create Carts and purchase order and gets created as sap ecc backend.
SAP Ariba: It is helpful in outsourcing quotation as same to our government tender outsourcing and it helps to collect the quoted quotation and process effectively and it is based on the quotation selected, ECC MM will able to create purchase contracts.
26. What’s Ariba’s pitch?
Ans: Ariba’s pitch: It is Simplified connectivity, it develops dramatic in process efficiency,it increase visibility and status into key orders, deliveries, invoices,payment and other vital business commerce activities. Simplicity will be the key word to going forward. You will hear Ariba (and now SAP) execs extoll the similarities between consumer-driven commerce (i.e. Amazon, eBay) and Ariba’s commerce network.
27. Is the budget adjustments are done in Ariba Procurement solution?Explain.
Ans: The budgets are adjusted in Ariba procurement solution is by using a specific feature. With the help of Import Budget Adjustments import task is within the Ariba procurement solution, and the budget adjustments are possible.
28. Can the purchase order print header be customized?
Ans: Yes, absolutely. The purchase order print header will completely customized and the user can actually choose their customized logo and this can be configured. actually it is customize to the user has to get in touch with the Ariba customer support and they will provide them with the relevant instructions and also the support to make this happen in reality.
29. Name the biggest challenges in the procurement and supply chain process that businesses face?
Ans: The biggest challenges for the businesses in terms of maintaining their procurement processes, they are as follows.
- Not able to manage risks
- No compliance policies
- What after procurement, it is not defined
30. How do you install when it comes to the Ariba procurement solution?
Ans: as it is a cloud-based solution there is no high cost around with the hardware and the software. and also there are no upgrade costs associated with the user’s point of view. All this takes to just pay the required price for the tool and then start using the tool with the help of intuitive user interface.
Note: Browse latest Sap ariba interview questions and sap tutorial. Here you can check Sap Training details and sap training videos for self learning. Contact +91 988 502 2027 for more information.