1. What is SAP BASIS?
Ans: SAP BASIS defines as Business Application Software Integrated Solution or SAP Net Weaver is a group of programs and tools that has as an interface with databases, operating systems, communication protocols, and SAP business applications having SAP FI, SAP CO, and SAP MM, among others. SAP BASIS enables SAP business applications to run and communicate between across disparate operating systems and databases. BASIS supports all SAP application. (sap basis interview questions)
2. What are the different qualifier option or what are the various import options?
Ans: There are six import options
- Leave transport request in queue for later import
- Import transport request again
- Overwrite originals
- Overwrite objects in unconfirmed repairs
- Ignore unpermitted transport type
- Ignore predecessor relations
3. What Are Steps To Install Sap?
Ans: Install os load the VGA and LAN drivers are after increase the SWAP Memory 3 times of physical RAM and Assign IP Address .
Install Kernel patches and java files
Install dialog and central instance (Start à Programs SAP system setup of install Dialog and Central Database instance .
C11a install central and database instance.
2.Number of parallel process
5.Central Transport host
6.Data base name
7.Sap data.. Up1 to Data six locations
4. What are the responsibilities of SAP BASIS Consultant?
- SAP application server monitoring and system log analysis
- Performance tuning and improvement
- Database maintenance and restoration is in the case of technical disasters
- Solution Manager installations
- Managing SAP R/3 and NetWeaver
- Installing Transport Management Systems
- Creating users, assigning roles, and locking and unlocking users
- Background job scheduling and job monitoring.
5. What is the use of an OK code? How does an OK code varies from a T-code?
Ans: To execute a function an OK Code is utilized by a program for instance after the clicking of a push button. A transaction code helps a user to run a program as it is a “shortcut”.
T-Codes are stored in table TSTC Transaction Codes.
6. during printing for any kind of report I want to see SAP skip printing cover pages. How will be completed?
Ans: The source for the cover page should be know. Either it will be from SAP itself or from OS spooler. Then appropriate action should be taken. (E learning Portal)
When users use operating systems other than Microsoft
7. It is supported that they use SAP GUI for Java and HTML or they can use SAP GUI for Windows on a remote server?
Ans: For integrating Dynpro transactions to the Portal
The benfit of SAP GUI for HTML is recommended. This allows you to integrate classic Dynpro-based applications into the portal simply.
8. What are the authorization objects that are always having in user master record?
Ans: For user master record as u must be knowing that different tabs of UMR..So as per my understanding As UMR stores data of users…Like his name, roles assigned to him, License data.
Objects which are always present for UMR are:
S_USER_AGR, S_USER_GRP,S_USER_AUT,S_USER_PRO and each of the object has its own value because S_USER_AGR helps to maintain roles assigned, S_USER_GRP helps to maintain Auth group in Logon Data S_USER_AUT AND S_USER_PRO helps to maintain set of Auth. profiles and different Authorizations are also in each profile.
9. How to analyze this issue If sap system is down (Users are unable to login to sap system)?
Ans: In case if your sap system down firstly then checks your network connections next and see that all your sap services are up and running i.e 3 oracle services and 2 SAP services
Oracle services are:
- oracle agent
- oracle sid
- oracle listener
- SAP services are
If the services are stopped then bring the start these services and bring down the sap and bring up the process to view after that go your console management and see the work process are up and running.
10. Where do you hide t-code name and program values? In What way we find a list of all the t-codes in the SAP system?
Ans: To view Table TSTC, you can use transaction st11 to store. and by Using transaction se93 you can define a new t-code.
11. What is SAP NetWeaver?
Ans: SAP NetWeaver is derived as an open technology software component which provides you a platform to run difficult business applications and integration among people, processes and data. It describes the composition, provisioning, and management of SAP and non-SAP applications across a heterogeneous software environment.
12 .Can u tell me some of the password related parameters ?
Ans: Password related parameters are:
login/min_password_lng (Defines minimum length for password)
These are the principle parameters – which can be maintained via RZ10
You can go to t-code se16
Write login/* and enter … then you will obtain all login parameters
Here there is no need of remembering.
13. What is benfit of SM35P and SM35 is there any difference between these two?
Ans: Tcode SM35P is use to dispay moniter sessions. by Using Tcode SM35 is use to run the process sessions in background or foreground.
14. How a list of objects that have been repaired in the system can be found?
Ans: A list of repaired objects and their access keys are have been repaired to be found in ADIRACCESS.
15. What is the variation between DDIC and SAP_ALL/SAP_NEW ?
Ans: Yes, some things which other IDs are cannot done by DDIC which is hard coded. In SE11 using a SAP_ALL user, should be determine to activate tables. For basis to login accounts (SAP*), 06071992 is the default username and password.
16. How a centralized server can be used to perform SAPGUI 640 roll out?
Ans: On the installation CD to look for SAPADMIN and SAPSETUP. Then, to distribute this program by using such as Microsoft’s SMS or to call the SAPSETUP program by use a login script.
17. Can the user know the what was entered in a particular transaction code screen?
Ans: No, but tables associated with the transaction code and can be analyzed to see what this user has done if there is a username field that traces.
18. in what way the Internet email gateway is configured in SAP Netweaver 04?
Ans: SMTP comes built into the kernel, and starting with version WAS 6.x. Select transaction.
19. Do direct updates are allowed on SAP tables?
Ans: for updating data (RFC calls) you can call SAP functions directly.and To try and manipulate data directly at the database level (sql scripts, jdbc) is not recommended. In general to updating tables directly in SAP is a very bad idea.
20. Why do I have a message that says “no list available.”when I check transaction SM37 and I want to see the spool?
Ans: various possible reasons can be responsible for this. To a printer, the spool is sent and deleted. The housekeeper deleted the spool if it is too old. Also, some test reports rollback after stimulating a calculation. Online it works fine. The spool is rolled back as well when a background job do have a rollback.
21. Who are reference users? Also talk about service users.
Ans: Reference users: Reference users provide one user authorization to other users in case of urgent . GUI login is not possible for reference users.
Service users: Service users are anonymous users. Administrators change passwords for service users. However, it is possible for service users to login to the system many times.
22. In what way do you find out if a system is Unicode or Non-unicode?
Ans: Users can use the transaction code ‘SM51’ to check to know if a system is Unicode or Non-unicode. on opening the application, users can click on the release notes button in the application tool bar to find information about a system being Unicode or Non-unicode.
23. variation between support package, SAP note and kernel?
Ans: SAP note is used to develop the removal of error in single program or a transaction.
Kernel is the one which have .EXE files which are also known as executable files. The older version of these files gets replaced after Kernel obtained upgraded.
Support packages are basically just corrections.
24. What is the meant by service user in SAP system?
Ans: In service user, passwords are not checked as the rights over the passwords are only entitled to the admin. Users can’t make changes to the passwords. Anonymous users uses service user. Multiple logins are also possible.
25. Define SAP Spool Request?
Ans: Spool asks for produced amid discourse or background processing and put in the spool database with data about the printer and print arrange. The general information is puts in the Tem Se (Temporary Sequential articles).
26. Do You Know at what situation the logon groups Will Be Created Logon Group ?
Ans: Yes, first If we find load on application server then we have acess to create logon group (If the production department users are more than we have to create logon group for that department ).
27. What Is The Procedure To Applying Patches ?
Ans: At first, we will download the patches from the service .sap.com to Trans Directory . In the trans Directory extract the patches by using CAR command after that using SAPM we have to import patches into sap level and apply.
28. What Is Meaning of The Terms L And F Access Methods?
Ans: An “L” access method refers to local printer. It is local to the SAP server, not to the user. An “F” access method refers to
the front end printer. This uses the user’s Windows printer.
29. Define SGEN in SAP Basis?
Ans: SGEN is an ABAP compilation. User can use the transaction SGEN in a particular way to generate ABAP loads for a number of programs, classes, function groups, and so on, also for Business Server Page applications (BSP applications).
30. Will the background job schedules and all client dependent information be transferred by the client copy?
Ans: All client dependent data having schedules to the new client will be copied by SAP_ALL. Remember the clients are always independent for ABAP programs. and Only the client dependent is the master data (variant).
31. What is System table? how can I identified system table in SAP?
Ans: The database system consists series of system tables having data about database objects and their connection having each other, statistics system tables, monitor system tables and loader system tables. We usually look in SE16 for system tables.
32. How to convert the number of work process at OS level and How to analysis the state of work process at OS level?
Ans: Go to rz10 t-code that is used for (profile parameters)take the Instant profile and Extend the maintenance display hit on change icon button. It aapperas the list of parameters change the parameters by (copy) go back and again(copy)go back and save after that bring down SAP Console management and bring up so that we can see the change in the parameters in the work process
33. Why to compared CHM, the standard delivered SAP help one considers web help to be easier to install?
Ans: Trying to get every remote the user must connected to a network share, web help is easier. You can setup your own website if you don’t have to use SAP’s help site. On your business’ network structure, the best route depends on.
34. The background job scheduler do not have function on a server because an enqueue lock hangs on table BTCREMTCLN?
Ans: As of Basis Release 750, the background job scheduler itself validates or whether a lock on the table BTCREMTCLN has been hanging for a longer period (at least 100 seconds). so, the background job scheduler triggers delete this lock.
35. What are the various user types in SAP system that an admin can use while creating a new user?
Ans: The following are the five different types of user types:
Dialog user: This user is used for interactive system create from GUI.
System user: This user is used for background processing and coversation within a system.
Communication use This user is used for external RFC calls.
Service user: This user is created for a larger and anormous group of users.
Reference user: These are reference users having no logon possible, non-person related users that allow the assignment of additional authorizations.
36. What are the different types of job status? Can you unschedule an active job?
Ans: The different types of job status are – Scheduled, Released, Ready, Active, Finished, Cancelled
You cannot unschedule a job if it is active. You need to wait for over the job to unscheduled it.
37. Name the key activities that you perform as part of SAP Basis support?
Ans: Job Processing and Scheduling
SAP system configuration and Client Administration
Installation and Patch Upgrade
Installation and Patch Upgrade
Managing interfaces and integration with servers
38. How do you create an instance?
Ans: To create an instance, you should first find an operation mode .for create an instance, go to CCMS > Configuration or use Transaction code RZ04.
39. What do you mean by Transport Management in SAP Basis?
Ans: TMS is one of the fundamental component in SAP system and is used to control the new requests, to monitor the changes- who has develop the changes, defining and configuring system landscape in SAP environment.
40. Define the use of personalized and parameter tabs in users’ master record?
Ans: Parameter tab: parameter tab Allows administrators to assign T-codes to subordinates
Personalized tab: it is Required for RFC communication between systems and personal user information.
All Sap Basis Interview Questions
Instructor Led TrainingDuration: 20-25 Hours
- Experienced Faculty
- Real time Scenarios
- Free Bundle Life time Access
- 100% Hands-on Classes
- Sample CV/Resume
- Interview Q&A
- Instructor Led Live Online Classes
- Instant Doubt Clarification