1. What is an ERP?
Ans: ERP expressed for Enterprise Resource Planning Software and is an integrated computer based system used to manage a company’s resources effectively. It ensures smooth information amongst different departments in an enterprise or a company and manages workflows. (SAP ERP Interview Questions)
2. what about of “Business Content” in SAP?
Ans: Business Content in SAP is a pre-configured and pre-defined models of data. it consists in the SAP is warehouse which can be used directly or with desired modification in different industries.
3. What are the different types of ERP?
Ans: There are quite a few types of ERP namely SAP, BAAN, JD Edwards, Oracle Financials, Siebel, PeopleSoft. SAP is one of the most preferred ERP packages bymany companies opting for ERP.
4. Why do you usually choose to implement SAP?
Ans: There are various technical reasons and numbers of companies are planning to implement SAP. It is highly configurable, highly secure data handling, mini information redundancy and max information consistency, you can capitalize on economics sales like purchasing, tight integration-cross function.
5. What is SAP R/3?
Ans: A third generation set is highly integrated software modules that performs common business function based on multinational leading practice. it takes care of any enterprise however diverse in operation, spread over the world. In R/3 system all three servers are presentation server, application server and database server are presented at different systems.
6. what are the different types of variables?
Ans: The different types of Variables are used in different applications are:
1. Characteristics variable
3. Hierarchy nodes
6. Processing Types
7. Replacement Path
8. User entry/default type
7. Name the different types of ERP’s?
Ans: The different types of ERP’s are:
3. JD Edwards (now acquired by Oracle)
5. PeopleSoft (now acquired by Oracle)
6. Microsoft Dynamics.
8. Describe what is an update type with reference to a match code ID?
Ans: If the data in one of the base tables of a matchcode ID changes, the matchcode information has to be updated. The update type stipulates when the match-code has to be updated and how it has to be occour. The update type also defines that method is to be used for building match-codes.
9. Mention the types of ERP systems have you worked with?
Ans: Some companies have deployed a hybrid comprised of various ERP solutions,though others may have created their own using open-systems software. Make sure your candidate is familiar with the system (or systems) you use or plan to use.
10. Mention what is AWB?
Ans: AWB stands for Administrator Workbench. It is a like a tool for monitoring, controlling and maintaining the processes which is connected with data staging and processing in the business information of warehousing.
11. Explain what is extended star schema?
Ans: The star schema contains the fact tables and the dimension tables. The master data related tables are insert in separate tables, which has reference to the characteristics in the dimension tables. These separate tables are defined for master data and are termed as the Extended Star Schema.
12. What are Business KPIs?
Ans: Business KPIs are Key Performance Indicators. They indicate the performance of a company at strategic level. They also help in leading the company on the desired track by comparing company’s performance with the previous performances and with that of market leaders in the same sectors. SAP is building a project called “Business KPI wiki” to standardize the process of indication.
13. Why do organizations generally choose to implement SAP?
Ans: There are quite a few technical reasons why a host of organizations opt for the implementation of SAP. It is not just highly configurable, but also provides secure data handling. Along with that there is minimum data redundancy and maximum data consistency. the companies can also take advantage of economics of sales like purchasing apart from tight integration-cross function.
14. What is a MultiCube?
Ans: MultiCube is a Infocube that is a collection of various BasicCubes. by Using MultiCubes one can test the information from BasicCubes in a single context. MultiCubes itself doesn’t consists any data but works only on data from BasicCubes.
15. What are the different modules in SAP?
Ans: There are 25+ modules in SAP but the most prevalent ones are Human Resources, Treasury, Financial Accounting, Controlling, Sales & Distribution, Materials Management, Plant Maintenance, Business Warehousing, Production Planning, and Quality Management apart from many more.
16. What are the different SAP products?
Ans: SAP R/3: It succeeds SAP R/2 and it is market leader in ERP. R/3 stands for three tier architecture i.e. Presentation, Logic and Data tier. It has various modules like SD, FI, and HR etc which encompass almost all enterprise departments.
My SAP: It is a suite of SAP products which apart from SAP R/3 and also includes SRM, PLM, CRM, SCM
17. Describe what is the difference between SAP BASIS and SAP ABAP?
Ans: SAP ABAP is the programming language and it is used within the SAP to customize, generate forms, generate reports, etc. though SAP basis is, the administration module of SAP is used to control code changes, upgrades, database admin and network setup, etc.
18. How have you worked with the different functional areas to keep projects moving forward?
Ans: Any ERP implementation calls departmental autonomy into question. So implementing ERP systems requires skills in both project management and persuasion. The best ERP analysts are both reassuring and assertive.
19. Mention what is pooled tables?
Ans: Pooled tables are used to store control data. various pooled tables are united to form a table pool. Table tool is a physical table on the database that which all the records of the allocated pooled tables are stored.
20. Explain what is Extractor?
Ans: In the SAP source system, extractors is an information retrieval mechanism. It can fill the extract structure of a information source with the data from the SAP source system datasets.
21. What is WF and its importance?
Ans: Business Work Flow: it is a Tool for automatic control and execution of cross-application processes. it involves coordinating the persons involved, the work steps required, the information which needs to be processed (business objects). The main advantage is reduction in several times and the costs involved in managing business processes. Transparency and quality are enhanced by its use.
22. Define the difference between Domain and Data Element?
Ans: Data Element: Data Element plays the role is an intermediate object between domain and table type
Domain: Domain expresses the attributes such as length, type, and possible value range
23. Mention what are SET parameters and GET parameters?
Ans: To “set” values in the global memory area use the parameter and then “get” values from this parameter ID memory area. In case of the online program, you have to “Set” values from screen fields, and you have to “get” these values for screen fields.
24. Define what are reason codes used in Account Receivable?
Ans: “Reason Codes” are the tags which can be allocated to explain over payments during the allocation of incoming customer payments. They should not be mixed up with “void reason codes” and used when outgoing cheques are produced.
25. What functional areas have you know best, and how do you built bridges from there to other parts of the enterprise?
Ans: If the candidate has only worked on financial systems, for example, how did she face integrating payroll automation with HR? You might also invite the candidate to discuss some examples of flaws or bugs that she later resolved.
26. What is a NetWeaver and how can it be used?
Ans: To be able to run multiple products from mySAP suite, an integrated platform is put to use. This platform is called NetWeaver. It helps all the applications run on a single instance. While using NetWeaver, SAP data can be accessed using the web. And in some cases, even from mobile. This lends itself to cost saving while training clients.
27. Explain the terms Meta data, Master data and Transaction data?
Ans: Meta Data: Meta Data is the data which tells about Data. It tells you about the shape of data or MetaObjects.
Master Data: This Data gives key business information like Customer information , Employee , Materials etc. This is more like a reference data. For Ex. If a customer orders 10 units of product instead of asking customer for his shipping address 10 times , similarly it can be referenced from the Customer Master Data.
Transaction Data: This is the data related to day to day transactions.
28. What are variables?
Ans: Variables are parameters of a query that are shown in the parameter query definition and are not filled with values till the queries are entered into the workbooks.
29. what is the variation between OLAP and Data Mining?
Ans: OLAP: OLAP stands for Online Analytical Processing it is a reporting tool that configured to understand your database schema, dimensions and composition facts
Data Mining: It is an analytic process to explore information in search of consistent patterns or systematic relations between variables.
30. Mention what do you mean by datasets?
Ans: The data sets are sequential files which processed on the application server. They are used for file handling in SAP.
31. SAP is A Database ?
Ans: yes, SAP is not only a database but it is an application which makes use of databases provided by other vendors like Oracle, SQLServer etc.
32. Do you run business warehouse without SAP R/3 implementation?
Ans: Yes, you can run business warehouse without R/3 development. You have to easily transfer shapes surrounded with business warehouse information sources to the inbound data files or use third party tools to connect your flat files and other data sources.
33. show where are t-code name and program values stored? in what way you can find a list of all t-codes in the SAP system?
Ans: To see transaction table TSTC you can use transaction code st11, and you can define a new t-code using transaction se93.
34. Mention what do you mean by one-time vendors?
Ans: In many industries, it is impossible to create new master records for every vendor trading partner. One-time vendor enables for a duplicate vendor code to be used on invoice to entry and the data that is generally stored in the vendor master, which is keyed on the invoice itself.
35. How can an ERP analyst develops the speed of an ERP implementation?
Ans: Seip strongly recommends using the SAP ASAP Methodology for SAP systems. Your ideal candidate should be familiar with ASAP or industry best-practice data published continuously by other leading ERP software providers.
36. In SAP, how many simultaneous sessions can be used together?
Ans: This is a fairly common SAP interview question. It is generally posed to the interviewee to gauge her/his helps knowledge and expertise s/he has with SAP applications. The answer to this query would be that a user can have 6 simultaneous sessions at one time for one client.
37. In 4.x, can you have long SAP transaction code up to a maximum of 20 character of
different types of ERP ?
Ans: SAP, BAAN, JD Edwards, Oracle Financials, Siebel, PeopleSoft. Among all the ERP’s many companies implemented or trying to implement SAP because of number of advantages aver other ERP packages.
38. What is IDES?
Ans: IDES stands for International Demonstration and Education System. A sample application provided for faster learning and development.
39. Explain what is a company in SAP?
Ans: SAP in the company have the highest organizational unit for financial statements like profit and loss statements, balance sheets can be drawn according to the requirement of organizations. A single company consists one or more than one company codes. All company codes in SAP must use same chart of accounts (COA) and fiscal year.
40. Define the two types of services that are used to deal with communication?
Ans: To deal with communication,2 types of services are used.i.e,
1. Message Service: it is In order to exchange short internal messages, this service is used by the application servers
2. Gateway Service: This service allows conversation between R/3 and external applications using CPI-C protocol.
41. Explain what is dispatcher?
Ans: Dispatcher is a component which takes the request for client systems and stores the request in the order.
42. Mention what are the common transport errors?
Ans: The common transport errors include
1. Return code 4: it is Imported with warnings, generation of program, columns or row missing
2. Return code 8: it is Imported with syntax error, program generation error, dictionary activation error, etc.
3. Return code 12: it represents import cancelled due to object missing, object not active, etc.
4. Return code 18: It represents import cancelled due to system down while import, the user expired during import and insufficient roles or authorization
43. Discuss what should be the approach for writing a BDC program?
Ans: The approach to writing BDC program is to
1. Create recording
2. changes the legacy system information to a flat file into the internal table referred as “Conversion.”
3. approach to Transfer the Flat file into the SAP system called “SAP Data Transfer.”
4. approach to depending upon the BDC type CALL TRANSACTION or CREATE SESSIONS
All SAP ERP Interview Questions
Instructor Led TrainingDuration: 20-25 Hours
- Experienced Faculty
- Real time Scenarios
- Free Bundle Life time Access
- 100% Hands-on Classes
- Sample CV/Resume
- Interview Q&A
- Instructor Led Live Online Classes
- Instant Doubt Clarification