1. What is SRM ?
Ans: SRM stands for Supplier Relationship Management. It is an extended form of ERP where the information gets transferred between SAP R/3 and the SRM screen (vice versa) so that every Vendor’s coordination will be better and which will fully avoid the paper work and unneeded confusions. It is most effectfull for the companies which has large number of users who can directly purchase the material by using the Shopping Cart in which the materials can be selected from the available Catalogs.
2. Discuss about the uses that SAP ?
Ans: SRM brings to a business
1. SAP SRM enables the company to get the following given business benefits: Sustainable cost savings- that enables the companies to obtain a closed loop from the source-to-pay.
2. Contract compliance: it provides visibility into enterprise expenditures and enables the procurement organization to the effective. according to corporate guidelines.
3. Competitive advantage: it gives the tools to partner with key suppliers, it nearly approach to define supplier management , and determine the key metrics.
3. How Do You Create A Live Auction?
Ans: To show a live auction, purchasers can use SAP Bidding engine and auction takes place in Live Auction cockpit. Purchasers can create live auction −
Using an Auction template
By copying an auction
In SRM portal from the Sourcing application
4. Name the different fields in a Central contact?
Ans: You can see various tabs- header tab, overview tab and distribution tab in a Contract. In overview tab go to fill the item details and normal header data. You can fill the below details in a contract
Target Quantity and value:
In this field, you want to enter the target quantity and target value. This states the quantity that shows the number of units to be purchased from a supplier in a time period.
It is discover as accumulated value of all POs against the central contract.
Now if you know a contract as basic contract, it only consists header data and conditions and you can’t put line items and cannot be distributed to a catalog.
Under item category, you can define given options.
When you define item category as general, it must contain a product category.
Under product category, you to need to state a target value and a product category item always shows to all connected catalogs.
5. Do You Have To Re-create Mappings Each Time?
Ans: No, you can re-use mappings by transfer the mapping file and uploading it back for re-use. The next time you need to use it, use the QA System Import Manager, open the import file and involved, and select the mapping file from Catalog Items Import Map. (E learning Portal)
6. what will be the true With reference to Master Data in SRM 7.0?
Ans: 1. the Master information such as products, business partners etc, is available locally in the SRM system_
2. In SRM, materials and services are stored as products. These are differentiated by ‘Product Types’
3. Product categories are correspond to material the hierarchies in the SAP back end system.
4. If the product ID needs to be the same in SRM, as in the backend system, this can be no longer than 21 characters.
7. Name the key business process in SAP SRM ?
Ans: The key business process in SAP SRM includes:
procure to pay: we can integrate catalogue based requisition and obtain the benefits of e-procurement.
Catalogue management: it covers catalogue information as master data that is deeply integrated.
Centralize sourcing: it gain to see into the demand for goods and services.
Centralized contract management: it consolidates contract information.
Supplier collaboration: it connects supplier to our purchasing processes through the supplier portal.
8. Write the benfit Of Sap Supplier Relationship Management?
Ans: SAP Supplier Relationship Management is the product that facilitates the procurement of goods via a web based platform. Organizations can procure products like direct and indirect material, services. and it is integrated with SAP ERP modules and other non-SAP back end systems for accounting and planning.
SAP SRM are to optimize your procurement process to work greatly with suppliers to get long benefits and also to represents forecasting, procurement cycle and to work with partners. You can increase the time span and costing of procurement cycle using innovative methods to manage business processes with key suppliers.
SAP SRM supports procurement cycle what will the starting from source and purchase to pay complete procurement with suppliers and to see effectively managing supplier to build long relationship.
9. What purpose does the SRM org structure serve?
Ans: Organizational attributes serve many purposes in EBP system. The primary purpose is to set attributes that define the users` shopping experience. Examples of such attributes are company code, plant and cost centers that the user can order against, etc.
10. SRM offers various types of multilevel hierarchies. Which of the following multilevel hierarchies comes as a part of standard delivery?
Ans: 1. Supplier Hierarchies
2. Central Contract Hierarchies
The following multilevel hierarchies comes under the part of standard delivery:
1. Product category hierarchies
2. Supplier hierarchies
3. Central contract hierarchies
Product category hierarchies provide the following:
1. Extended search of product categories
2. Import of product category hierarchies are into the SAP SRM system,
3. Back-end material categories from SAP ERP
4. Standard product category hierarchies are UNSPC, eClass
5. Customer-defined product categories
Supplier hierarchies provide the shape and model of supplier relationships
Central Contract Hierarchies Group together with similar contracts, making them easier to find and process.
11. In which way SAP SRM is Linked with SAP MM?
Ans: You can replicate Purch Organisation, purch group, material master, vendor master from backend. you can access PO in SRM and replicate Po in the R/3. All the procurement done in SRM which is related to MM only.
12. Distinguish Between A Business Partner And A Partner Function?
Ans: Commonly in SRM business, partner means the entire stake Holders. Example: suppliers, customers, vendors, employee, etc. The function of partner is to ready the vendors as reference, and there will be invoicing party, supplying party, etc. Business partner means that those who supply the raw material to the customer i.e. buyer.
13. Which number ranges must be configured in SRM ?
Ans: Entries should be access in the EBP system to link the EBP purchase orders, requisition and reservation to the backend R/3 system. The logical system ID should reflect the EBP application server and client in that the number ranges are being configured. PO, RQ, RS were used to easily find out the difference each number range.
14. What Is A Business Partner?
Ans: Business partners cover all stakeholders in the company – employees, vendors and customers. A partner function is any function relates to these partners, such as invoicing a customer, purchase order issuance and authorization procedures.
15. Is There present Anything In Particular Needs that To Be Done To A User Or A Vendor To Make Them A Valid Part Of Srm?
Ans: A user or supplier record cannot be assigned to an organizational unit it consists a business partner recorded. i.e if Business Partner relations are not established, users can’t be imported into the organizational structure from the User_Gen Transaction. Then the following error happens: “Business partner of organizational unit does not exist”.
16. How do you upload and cover thecentral contracts in ERP?
Ans: You can update contracts in SAP ERP system by going to SAP ERP Central Component → Logistics → Materials Management → Purchasing → Outline Purchase agreements with vendors → Contract → Central Contract → SRM Central Contract
17. Define Srm And Why Should A Company Add This Module To Its Sap Application?
Ans: SRM means supplier relationship management. Just as a robust company took an effort to increase customer relations, the company should strengthen its procurement by automation and efficiency. SRM can examine and forecast the company’s purchasing pattern, work with suppliers in real time, and shorten procurement cycles.
18. What Is A Purchasing Organization?
Ans: A Purchasing Organization is the organizational unit where the businness procurement of goods and services for plants belonging to a particular space. PO having negitive terms and restrictions of contracts and purchases from vendors are also legal care for those purchases for the Plants that who (PO)is responsible for. Those Plants are dependent on its assignment.
19. distinguish Between A Partner And A Customer?
Ans: If Stake reference of SRM In SRM, then all the stake holders are partners. eg vendor, employees etc.
20. On what way Do You Perform Sap Erp Integration With Sap Srm To Perform Upload Of Contracts?
Ans: To update the central contracts and to schedule agreements from SAP ERP system to SAP SRM system, you can use program BBP_CONTRACT_INITIAL_UPLOAD. As your configuration these contracts are loaded and scheduled from ERP to SAP SRM system.
21. Why do we configure number ranges in SRM?
Ans: Number ranges must be established for EBP shopping carts as well as any potential purchasing document so that unique numbers can be generated in the backend R/3 system from EBP. The EBP system needs a number range established that automatically takes the next available number and assigns it to the document which will be created in R/3.configuration must also be established in R/3 to correlate with the ranges in EBP so that conflict never arise when purchasing document.
22. List out the Few Of The Tables Available In Srm?
Ans: SRM has many tables. product table, product category table, business address services, data usages, account assignment, PO item confirmation and business transaction item
for purchasing, value limits, tax, transactions, partners, links, chopping cart, invoice and credit memo, and other SRM confirmations.
23. What Purpose Does The Srm Org Structure Serve?
Ans: Organizational attributes serve many purposes in EBP system. The principle purpose is to set attributes that find the users` shopping experience. Examples of some attributes are company code, plant and cost centers which the user can order against and so on.
24. If We Are Replicating From the Backend and if Something Is Stuck In The Queue Of R/3 Then What Can We Do?
Ans: We use transaction SMQ1 in this case. The first thing is that it should be checked when download customizing objects has a possible stuck queue. The R/3 system uses the outbound queue (SMQ1) for first which is less likely to get stuck
25. Is It any way To Integrate Procurement Function Between Sap Erp And Sap Srm Function?
Ans: Yes, Procurement functions are integrated between SAP ERP and SRM. There are different business fun which enters a fully integrated, end-to-end procurement management solution to improve both compliance and procurement management process as per business requirement. It helps in closing the gap in ERP sourcing functionality by using SRM capabilities and provides a common UI for designing integrated procurement processes.
26. Why Client developed EC but not Classic when they have strong ECC?
Ans: The reason is to save time and increase dependency on purchasing department that usually focuses on core purchasing tasks.
For example in classic scenario, purchase order can be seen in ECC. For any changes to PO, we need to introduce purchasing department. So still we have a dependency.
But in ECS, we can edit the PO in SRM system by its own and changes will be replicated to ECC. So we need not contact purchasing team and burden on purchasing team for requests it will totally be removed.
27. In Standalone scenario, where do al processing occur for shopping cart?
Ans: In a standalone scenario, shopping cart and other processing occurs in SRM system and only final invoice is sent to backend system for financial accounting.
28. What is Supplier Self Service process? What are the key advantages of using SUS?
Ans: Supplier self-service is one of the component in SRM that shortens the procurement life cycle time and increse the costing of procurement process. In SUS, suppliers are provided with access to purchaser’s procurement system and they are determine to provide fast response.
29. What is the Import Status Tab for ?
Ans: When you are importing and customizing an import scenario, this tab will give you data on the status of the import – how many fields from the source have been mapped to the destination, the source is involved, and what the destination is. It also will tell you that what table joins and field look ups are being used.
30. How do we define ITS URL ?
Ans: Before Internet Transaction Server, it proposes EBP requests, and it entries in table must contains a connection to a physical URL, which controls the menu on the left hand side of the screen that shows all transaction users have an access to. The URL variation depends on that the EBP client of the configuration is showed and it also consists of base address for the integrated ITS instance. To enable EBP purchasing for each client, this configuration wants to be performed once.
31. explain the role of supply management in an organization?
Ans: The supply management role of an organization is responsible for different aspects such as managing supplier performance, implementing technologies, processes, policies, and procedures to support the purchasing process. Also provide supplier relationship management process for having the structure for how relationships with suppliers will be developed and maintained.
32. Why do we want to get the internal number range to local bid invitation ?
Ans: An internal number range can be identified to designed numerical local bid invitation for RFQ`s and Auction in the Bidding Engine and for Live Auction application. These bids does not have a relation to any R/3 purchasing document, they are completely local to the ERP system.
33. How Is Srm Used?
Ans: SRM can be used two ways. First, employees can purchase materials and services they need to complete the company’s goals. This process is simplified by a Web-based GUI that simultaneously filters by corporate spending and purchasing compliance. The second way is by an automated system which procures materials as part of a company’s supply-chain workflow.
34. What Is A Company Code For?
Ans: Many large corporations generally consist of separate companies (plants) with separate functions and accounting. By assigning a code to each company, its financial and legal parameters and also reports can remain separate.
35. When will You change Rfx To Live Auction, then what Happens For Quotation Rfx?
Ans: When you change RFx to an auction, RFx is set to the status Completed and there are no changes that you can make to RFx.
36. What is the relation between SRM and MM?
Ans: The MM module covers the materials of the company. SRM issues purchase orders for MM only; it is where the vendor data is managed.
37. What are various evaluation categories as part of supplier evaluation process?
Ans: In supplier evaluation, you can part as each survey as per evaluation category. This refers to the questionnaire and the target group.
38. What is the benfit of workflows in SAP Supplier Relationship Management?
Ans: Workflows are used to show easy approvals of PO’s allows organization to perform goods requisition easy and simple.
39. What are SRM sub modules?
Ans: These can be the Supplier self-services (SUS) service agent, the SUS order processor, the SUS invoicing party, the SUS administrator supplier, the one-client invoice verification clerk, the survey reviewer, the strategic purchaser, the component planner, the employee and the invoice checking clerk. This is one third of the sub modules in SRM
40. What are the various steps in a shopping cart wizard?
Ans: Key steps in Shopping cart:
- Selecting Goods/Services
- Shopping Cart
- Complete and Order
All SAP SRM Interview Questions
Instructor Led TrainingDuration: 20-25 Hours
- Experienced Faculty
- Real time Scenarios
- Free Bundle Life time Access
- 100% Hands-on Classes
- Sample CV/Resume
- Interview Q&A
- Instructor Led Live Online Classes
- Instant Doubt Clarification