SCCM Interview Questions for Freshers and Experienced
1. What is SCCM?
Ans: The software management suite which is designed and developed by Microsoft is called as System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM). It allows users to manage computer systems running both on Windows or macOS and or Linux. SCCM is available on a limited trial basis. (SCCM Interview Questions)
2. What is CAS ?
Ans: CAS means central administration site and can support up to 25 child primary sites. When you install a CAS and use an enterprise edition of SQL server database, the hierarchy can support a combined total of 4,00,00 devices. So we must plan to CAS only when we have an organization has over 1,00,00 clients.
3. What is the latest version of SCCM?
Ans: The latest version of Configuration Manager is the System Centre 1902 Configuration Manager, which is released in the month of March 2019.
4. Why does the Configuration Manager console use HTTP to the Internet and what would be the stop working if this is blocked by my firewall?
Ans: The Configuration Manager console uses HTTP to the Internet in two ways.
When you use the geographical view from the Site Hierarchy node in the Monitoring workspace, it can uses Internet Explorer to access Bing Maps.
if you use the Configuration Manager help file and click a link to see or search for information on TechNet.
when you are not require these functions, your firewall can block HTTP connections from the console without additional loss of functionality to Configuration Manager.
5. Can I provide clients with unique client agent configurations without installing additional sites or Can’t?
Ans: Yes. System Center 2012 Configuration Manager applies a hierarchy-wide set of default client settings (formerly called client agent settings)which you can modify on clients by using custom client settings that you assign to collections.
This proposes a flexible way of delivering customized client settings to any client in your hierarchy, regardless of the site is assigned to, or where the place it is located on your network.
6. Why I cannot migrate inventory history or compliance data for my clients?
Ans: This type of information is simply recreated by an active client when it sends data to its new site in the destination hierarchy. Typically, it is only the current information from each client that gives useful information.
To retain access to historical inventory information you can keep a Configuration Manager 2007 or System Center 2012 Configuration Manager source site active till the historical data is no longer required.
7. Mention the Types Of Sites available in SCCM 2007?
Ans: Child Site, Parents Site, Primary Site, and Secondary Site are the four types of Sites available in SCCM 2007.
8. How SCCM download the patches ?
Ans: You want to add the Software Update site role to the site, configure the software update point , configure the products, classifications, sync settings, etc. in the Software Update properties. after , you can go to the Update Repository node and run the Run Synchronization action from the central primary site. Once synchronization completes, you will see the more information in the Configuration Manager console.
9. Can I perform an in-place upgrade of a Configuration Manager 2007 distribution point (i to a System Center 2012 Configuration Manager distribution point?
Ans: You can perform an in-place upgrade of a Configuration Manager 2007 distribution point that stores all content during the upgrade. This includes an upgrade of a distribution point on a server share, a branch distributing point, or a standard distribution point.
10 . Define Server locator point?
Ans: Server locator point is used in SCCM hierarchy for complete the site system assignment on intranet and help the clients to find the management point. When they can not find through the active directory domain services.
11. Do you know Configuration Manager helps in identifying the computers which are used by a user to support the feature called User Device Affinity?
Ans: Yes. Configuration Manager gathers procedure data from customer devices that can be utilized to mechanically describe User Device affinities or to benefit with manual creation of affinities.
12. Are there any new Active Directory schema extensions for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager?
Ans: No. The Active Directory schema extensions for System Center is 2012 Configuration Manager .it is unchanged from those used by Configuration Manager 2007.
If you extended the schema for Configuration Manager 2007, you do not need to extension the schema again for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager or System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1.
13. Define Server Locator Point?
Ans: Server Locator Point is used in an SCCM hierarchy for completion of client site assignment on the intranet and help clients and find MP when they cannot find that data through AD Domain Services.
14. What are Ports used in SCCM?
Ans: Client to site system 80(HTTP)and defaul to the site system t HTTPS port 443
Site Server to Site Server for SMB 445 is its bi-directional.
TCP 2701 is the port that SCCM 2012 which is used for remote control.
15. How do I identify which object types can be assigned to security roles?
Ans: Run the report Security for one or multiple Configuration Manager objects to find the object types that can be assigned to security roles. Additionally you can see the list of objects for a security role by viewing the security roles Properties and selecting the Permissions tab
16. What is System Center?
Ans: Microsoft management tools named as a brand name called as system centre. It is identified by a way to integrate technologies with system management tools to hand system operations, planning, management services, and troubleshooting.
17. what is the All Unknown Computers collection?
Ans: The All Unknown Computers collection consists+ two objects that represent records in the Configuration Manager database so that you can deploy operating systems to computers which are not managed by the Configuration Manager, and so are unknown to Configuration Manager.
These computers can include the following:
A computer from where the Configuration Manager client is not installed
A computer which is not imported into Configuration Manager
A computer that is not findout by Configuration Manager.
18. Define enhanced HTTP site system in client management?
Ans: Enhanced HTTP site systems develops the way in which the clients communicate with the site systems. This pre-release feature not able the new users to use certificates of the configuration manager to access HTTP site systems.
19. Does System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Support The Same Client Installation Methods As Configuration Manager 2007 or doesn’t?
Ans: Yes. System Center 2012 Configuration Manager supports the same client installation methods which the Configuration Manager 2007 supports: client push, software update-based, group policy, manual, logon script, and image-based.
20. Do I have to configure my site for Internet-based client management before when i can use cloud-based distribution points in Configuration Manager SP1?
Ans: Nothese 2 configurations use the Internet, they are independent from each other. Clients on the intranet can use cloud-based distribution points andsome of the these clients do not require a PKI client certificate.
21. write short note on Azure AD device identity in SCCM 1806?
Ans: Azure AD device identity is a cloud-based identity which is used to authenticate securely with cloud management gateway and the management point.
22. What Is A “deployment Type” And Why to Use this?
Ans: A deployment type is having within an application and specifies the installation files and method that Configuration Manager will use to install the software. The deployment type consists rules and settings that control if and how the software is installed on client computers.
23. What are the client deployments methods ?
Ans: Client Push Installation, Software update point based installation, Group Policy Installation, Logon Script Installation, Manual Installation, software Distribution.
24. Define is a limiting collection and why would I use it?
Ans: In System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, all the collections must be limited to the membership of another collection. When you create a collection, you must identify a limiting collection. A collection is a subset of its limiting collection.
25. Why i cannot install a primary site as a child of another primary site as I did in Configuration Manager 2007?
Ans: With System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, primary sites has changed to support only and the secondary sites as child sites, and the new central administration site contains parent site.
Unlike Configuration Manager 2007, primary sites no longer has provide a security or configuration boundary. Because of this, you should only need to install additional primary sites to increase the maximum number of clients andyour hierarchy can support, or to available to provide a local point of contact for administration.
26. Why the Configuration Manager require SQL Server for my secondary site?
Ans: In the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, secondary sites wants either SQL Server, or SQL Server Express to support database replication with parent primary site. When you install a secondary site, Setup automatically and installs SQL Server to Express if a local instance of SQL Server is not already installed.
27. Is it possible to deploy applications by using task sequences?
Ans: Yes, it is possible for use the task sequence for deploying applications.
28. How do you Backup SCCM Server?
Ans: To create a schedulebackup to extend the Site Settings node and expand the Site Maintenance node, click on tasks
For Manual backup – Start SMS_SITE_BACKUP service.
29. Can Users Request Applications?
Ans: Users can have a list of available software in the Application Catalog to browse. Users can request an application , if approved, will be installed on their computer. for a deployment optional, configure the deployment purpose as available in the applications deployment .
30. What is the Configuration Manager 2007 hierarchy, can I use as a source hierarchy?
Ans: System Center 2012 Configuration Manager supports migrating a Configuration Manager 2007 environment that is at a minimum of Service Pack 2.
31. Can I migrate maintenance windows?
Ans: Yes. if collection migrates, Configuration Manager also migrates to collection settings, which includes maintenance windows and collection variables. However, collection sets for AMT provisioning to do not migrate.
32. Can I use security scopes to restrict the distribution points are shown in the Distribution Status node in the Monitoring workspace?
Ans: No,even you can configure role-based administration and security scopes so the administrative users can distribute the content to selected distribution points only, Configuration Manager always displays all distribution points in the Monitoring workspace.
33. Why extend schema in SCCM?
Ans: The extension of schema in SCCM requires to publish the configuration manager 2012 information to AD.
34. What is Management Point ?
Ans: The management point in the SCCM is the main point of contact between the configuration manager clients and the site server. Management can avaliable clients with installation prerequisites, advertisements and software distribution package
for source file location.
35. Is SCCM 2012 provide clients with unique client configurations without installing sites .explain?
Ans: Yes, SCCM 2012 provides a hierarchical-level of default client settings, that impact additional changes on the client by using custom-client settings assigned to collections. This presents a malleable method of delivering custom-built client settings to any one of the clients in the hierarchy, in spite of whether it is assigned to site or network location.
36. Is there need for new Active Directory schema extensions in System Centre Configuration Manager 2012?explain.
Ans: No, there is no extension for system center configuration manager 2012. The new active directory schema for SCCM 2012 constant from those of SCCM 2007. Once we extend the schema for system center 2007, we don’t want to extend schema again for configuration manager 2012.
37. Is a Configuration Manager support a 64-bit operating system?
Ans: Yes, the design of the configuration manager console is a 32-bit program, that supports both 32-bit operating system and a 64-bit operating system.
38. Is the cloud management gateway in SCCM 2018 version 1802 support for Azure Resource Manager?
Ans: Yes, when creating an instance for cloud management gateway, the wizard shows a way for creating Azure resource manager deployment. When we deploy Azure resource manager with cloud management gateway, the site utilizes the Azure directory to create and authenticate the necessary cloud resources. This deployment continues to support cloud services, that the cloud service provider does not require.
39. What is the role of application management in configuration manager 1802?
Ans: Application manager will allow the users to interact while installing an application. It also approves application requests for users per each device. Furthermore, it configures an application deployment not automatically to upgrade any suppressed version.
40. How To develop Software Advertisement By Forcing Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle?
Ans: The Open control panel, navigate to Configuration manager icon and click on it. As the Configuration Mgr window pops up switch to action tab and initiate the “Machine policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle” by clicking on “Initiate Action” button.
41. How To Take Remote Control Of The Client Computer by Using Sccm Console?
Ans: Open SCCM console; navigate to “All systems” collections where your client computer is to populated. Right click on the client computer->Start->Remote tools.
42. Is a site or hierarchy span multiple Active Directory forests?
Ans: yes.Configuration Manager supports site-to-site conversation when the two-way forest trust and exists between the forests. Configuration Manager supports the placement of site system roles on computers in an untrusted forest.
Configuration Manager can also supports clients that are in various forests from their site’s to the site server when the site system role that they are connect in the same forest as the client.
43. Where is the documentation for role-based administration?
Ans: A role-based administration is integrated into the configuration of the hierarchy and management functions, there is no separate documentation section for role-based administration. Instead, information is integrated throughout the documentation library.
The Configuration Manager console lists the description of each role-based security role is installed with Configuration Manager, and the minimum permissions and suitable security roles for each management function is included as prerequisite in the relevant topic.
44. How can I do partition security with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager?
Ans: Unlike the Configuration Manager 2007, sites no longer provide a security boundary. Instead of , use role-based administration security roles to configure the permissions different administrative users have, and security scopes and collections to define the set of objects they can view and manage.
These settings can be configured at a central administration site or any primary site and are enforced at all sites through the hierarchy.
45. Can I use security groups or user accounts to specify administrative users?
Ans: As a best practice, particularly mention a security group rather than user accounts when you configure administrative users for role-based administration.
46. What is the the minimum permission of an administrative user requires for the Client Push Installation Wizard?
Ans: To install a Configuration Manager client by using the Client Push Installation Wizard, the administrative user must contain at least the Modify resource permission.
47. What is SUP ?
Ans: The SUP stands for software update point and it is a site system role which must be created on the server who has WSUS installed on it. The software update point interacts with WSUS services to configure the software update settings and request synchronization of software updates for more information.
48. What is meant by “application” And Why Would I Use It?
Ans: System Center 2012 Configuration Manager applications having the administrative details and Application Catalog information is necessary to deploy a software package or for updating software to a system or mobile device.
49. How can I Make an Application Deployment Optional Rather Than Mandatory?
Ans: for getting a deployment optional, configure the deployment purpose as Available in the applications deployment type.
the available applications display in the Application Catalog where users can install them.
50. Can I Deploy Office that It Installs Locally On A User’s Main Workstation. Is this Available To That User As A Virtual Application From Any Computer?
Ans: Yes. You can configure so many deployment types for an application. Rules that mentioned which deployment type is run allows you to specify how the application is made available to the user.
51. Do have any References To “devices” In System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Mean Mobile Devices?
Ans: The term “device” in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager applies to a computer or a mobile device is tells as a Windows Mobile Phone.
52. What is the role of the Software Centre in the SCCM 2019 version 1902?
Ans: The software center in the SCCM replaces the toast notifications with dialog window and it is also configures user device affinity as well as default views.
53. What is the term use of WSUS (Windows Server Update Service)?
Ans: It enables the administrators to deploy the new Microsoft product updates to the computers which are running the Windows operating system.