1. Explain what is Routing in SAP PP?
Answer: Routing in SAP PP is referred to a list of activities which are required to produce any material. For example, when you do cost estimation for the material, the system triggers the relevant routing and activity rates for all those described in routing. Which will help to calculate the processing cost in product costing?
2. What are the steps of Production Execution Process?
Answer: Production Execution steps include
Converting planned order to production order
Releasing the production order
Goods issue for the production order
Confirmation of production order
Goods receipt against production order
3. Find the scenario and give the result: A, B, C are employees, where A, B will get basic, HRA, DA. C gets Basic and DA. How to group for the allowances?
Answer: Allowances are paid depending on his gradation and even wages are also paid on this criteria if AB is paid bas, hra, and DA then take three wage types and assign to the ES Grouping and don’t give HRA wage type to C.
Check basic salary of inda and ALlowances in Indian payroll thoroughly, bcos first of all v have to understand this first and
then you have to decide the emp sub-groupings.
4. What are the reports generated in product cost controlling information system?
Answer: Product Cost Controlling information system generates information for the following areas
Product cost planning
Cost object controlling with the subcomponents
Product cost by period
Product cost by an order
Product cost by the sales order
Costs for intangible goods and services
Actual costing / Material Ledger
5. What is the use of INFO GROUPS?
Answer: The info type group (commonly known as Infogroup) guarantees that during the personnel action, all information needed for the business processes is stored. The Infogroup is processed when you perform a personnel action. – An Infogroup exists in the standard system for every personnel action type. – In Customizing for Personnel Administration, you can tailor the make-up of the various info groups to the requirements of your company. – You can define info groups as user-group dependent. Infogroup’s are used in Personnel Actions to define a set of sequential info types that you would be using while performing an action. For example, when you hire, you would want to use IT0000,0001,0002,0006,0007,0008, etc in a sequence- in a particular order. To define an Infogroup for this purpose which contains all these info types, their order of execution and the user groups it is applicable for. Then you assign this Infogroup to the action that you had defined.
6. What is the difference between by-product and co-product and how do you differentiate them in a BOM?
Answer: In case, of Co-product costs are settled with an apportionment structure. In case, of By-product the price of this by-product is credited to the order or the material stock account of the lead material being manufactured. Co-Product, as well as a by-product, are defined as BOM Components/Items. Both of them have negative quantities. ( Not all negative quantity items fall under these categories!). When BOM is created for FERT, you can see one indicator in COMPONENT DETAILS screen for co-product. You need to define the co-products with this special indicator.
7. Explain the uses of the simple maintenance interface?
Answer: Simple Maintenance is used when Staff assignments and reporting structure are to be changed. There are three main areas in Simple Maintenance. Each area contains particular maintenance functions, depending on whether you want to edit organizational structure, staff assignments or task profiles. For Organizational Management users, Simple Maintenance is best used to establish the basic framework in organizational plan development. For complete, detailed editing of individual organizational objects in your organizational plan (editing particular positions or organizational units, for example), we recommend that you switch to Info-type Maintenance. Simple maintenance uses a tree structure, which allows you to create a basic framework for organizational plans, using streamlined procedures. In this way, we can create organizational and reporting structures step by step.
8. How do you get the system to update this value from the routing?
Answer: In routing, carry out scheduling. Go into the routing operation overview and follow Extras -> Scheduling -> Results. The pop-up window displays the scheduling data. At the bottom, there is a pushbutton to copy the scheduling data to the material master Check this push button to update master data.
9. We defined SOP in months. However, during SOP transfer to demand management, our independent requirements are appearing in weeks. How can we correct this from weeks into months?
Answer: Check transaction OMPA for the general split. OMPS – based on the MRP group. Ensure that MRP group assigned to the material. Delete any allocations in these tables.
Then periods will be transferred to Demand Management with the same splits as in SOP. Also, check whether the value of period is set as “month” at your plant level in Transaction ‘OMP7’
10. What is the difference between “planned consumption” and “Unplanned consumption”? Can safety stock calculation be done on either of these?
Answer: While customizing movement types (OMJJ) it is defined as to which set of consumption values gets posted during the material movement. For some, it may always be the total consumption and for some, it is always the unplanned one and for some, it is dependent on whether the issues were done with reference to a reservation ie., a planned consumption.
The way these consumption values are taken into account in MRP is defined in the customizing of MRP types.
For Reorder point planning (VM) the total consumption is used to calculate the safety stock and the reorder point.
For Forecast-based planning (VV) the total consumption is used to build the forecast which will be used to compile the order proposals.
For Deterministic MRP (PD) the unplanned consumption is used to calculate the forecast which in turn is added to the actual demand.
11. How are Time management and payroll are integrated?
Answer: TM MGMT and Payroll are integrated into ways are time data is collected from the info type 0007 and these hours are taken in basic as Number of hours worked or utilized, and even with time evaluation and last with schemas integration.
X000 schema carries xt00 and these data can be transferred between other modules.
12. What is costing? How it is affected the PP?
Answer: Determining the material costs of a product.
When you calculate production costs using a quantity structure, the system automatically determines the BOM and all the BOM items that are relevant to costs, in order to calculate manufacturing costs.
13. We want the system to run a single level MRP automatically on receipt of the sales order. How to configure triggering event based MRP?
Answer: This can only be run if the material master has planning strategy 41 (made-to-order) in the MRP2 view. We need to run for other MRP types. We have to create a user exit in the sales order processing (VA01) to start MRP based on data from our sales transaction.
14. What is the Recruitment Cycle?
Answer: It is the complete process of recruitment right from identifying the vacancies displaying the same, notifying them, inviting the applicants, screening the applicants, interviewing them, selecting them, and recruiting them and appointing them(giving an organizational position in the organization— all theses processes constitute the recruitment cycles.
15. We are trying to create Purchase Requisition from MRP run. We have material, info Record, Source list, Demand in place. MRP is always creating plan order. Why?
Answer: Check the procurement type in MRP view of material master. Check ‘Create Purchase requisition’ indicator while running MRP. If you want to purchase requisitions to be created in the opening period, select the for MRP control parameter ‘create purchase requisitions’ as ‘1’.
16. what is the option “Documented goods movements” on Selection of Individual Object Lists (transaction code CO28)?
Answer: Use Transaction code OPL8 to customize by choosing the order type, select all the checkbox under “Documentation of goods movements” at the bottom of the page. Create a new Production order, make GI to it, and run the report.
17. Explain how to create PRT master records?
Answer: To create PRT master records you have to follow the following steps
Choose logistics/Accounting -> Project System -> Basic data -> Master data -> Production resources and tools -> Create
The initial screen for creating a PRT appears
Enter a number for the PRT and choose to continue
The basic data screen appears
Maintain the basic data
Choose Goto -> Defaults and enter the default values
Save the PRT
18. What is golive actually? What is the role of a functional consultant in it?
Answer: Go live is transferring of data from Development server to Production server.
Development —–> Quality server
In Quality, you need to Unit, Integration testing, Once it is OK in Qulaity server,
Then you need
Development —-> Production
19. How to group employees for their allowances in payroll?
Answer: Go to the basic salary of India in Payroll India and group the employee first depending on the allowances to be paid and this is
applied for even differentiating the employees into groups depending on their pay structures.
20. Explain what is PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) in SAP PP and what is the use?
Answer: It is a collection of solutions with which you digitally create, maintain and make product information, available in the whole company and for the entire life cycle of the product.
PLM provides you the function with which you do following things
The workplace is an open portal in the world wide web and allows you to access all application and information that you need to work with all external and internal business partners
It can link with other internet applications like program management, change and configuration management, and engineering collaboration.
21. We have two storage locations are ‘0001’ and ‘0600’. Default storage location in Process order is always ‘0001’ What determines this default location?
Answer: Look into OSS notes: 100757, 63493, 96262, 87843, 82033, 64946. The Storage location as configured in the Supply area has the highest priority.
22. What is MRP controller Means?
Answer: The MRP controller is a person or a group of persons responsible for monitoring material availability. You can use the number entered here, for example, to select the planning results per MRP controller. Every material that is relevant to the planning run must be assigned an MRP controller number in the material master record. You can also determine a special person for backorder processing who receives a mail if a goods receipt was posted for a missing part. You must enter the mail name of this person in the field entitled, recipient name. In addition, you can define a person or a group of persons, who are to informed if you send a mail from the MRP list or stock/requirements list to the MRP controller for the material displayed.
23. What is PROCESSING CLASS, where we do them and why?
Answer: Wage type characteristic that determines how processing is conducted during the payroll run
24. In cost controlling information system mention the fields that are listed in the list screen of the report?
Answer: Following fields are listed in the list screen of the report
- Key Figures
- Basic data
25. Explain what is the use of SAP Material View and list out other parameters where SAP Material View is applicable?
Answer: SAP Material View is an SAP object that not only holds the name of the material, but various other information related to material like
- Material production-related information
- Material planning related information
- Material sales-related information
- Material purchase-related information
- Material storage and warehousing related information
- Material costing and Accounting related information
- Material batch specification information
26. What is meant by payscale structure? How did you configure the payscale structure?
Answer: Pay Scale Structure means the creation of Payroll area, Payscale type, area, group and levels with EmpSub group grouping for PCR & caps.
27. What is MRP group and what is the use of it?
Answer: MRP Groups
In this step, you can carry out the total maintenance of the MRP groups and you can allocate a material type to an MRP group. The MRP Group is an organizational object that can be used to allocate special control parameters for planning to a group of materials. You can maintain MRP groups if planning control per plant is not precise enough for your requirements and you want to allocate certain material groups different control parameters from the plant parameters. For this purpose, MRP groups are defined with these specific control parameters and are assigned to the material in the material master record (MRP 1 screen).
For example, the following control parameters can be set for the total planning run:
1. the creation indicator for the plarequisitions, MRP lists, and so on)
2. the planning horizon
3. the consumption mode
The following is valid for total planning and single-item planning:
1. for all materials without an MRP group, the system uses the plant parameters or the entries in the initial screen of the planning run
2. for all materials with an MRP group, the system uses the parameters recorded in the MRP group inning run (creation of purchase)
28. What are some important tables used in PP (Production Planning)?
- CAUFVD dialog structure for order headers and items
- AFPO – Order item
- AFFLD Order: Dialog table for order sequences (AFFL)
- MOPAR Operation for the production order
- KBED Capacity requirements
- AFRU Order completion confirmations
- RESB Reservation/Dependent Requirements
- AFFHD Structure of PRT’s on orders
- SOPER Sub-operations
- SAFRU Sub-operation confirmations
- SK BED Capacity requirements for sub-operation
- MRP table is MDTB.
CAUFV – AFVC Operation within an order
AFFT Order Process Instructions
AFFV Order process instruction values
Some other tables of interest:
PLKO, MAPL, PLAS.
Bills Of Material
29. We want to report on several status combinations like each order that has the status ‘Not deleted’ and ‘Not technically completed’. What set up is required?
Answer: Check transaction CO28. In the selection screen note the possible selection ‘System Status’. You can select TECO for technically complete a DLT for deleted from the list. Select Excl. indicator also.
You may also try transaction CO26 (Logistics -> Production -> Production control -> Control -> Information systems -> Order Info System -> Object overview). Before executing the transaction report, combinations of statuses can be selected or exclude them.
30. List out the basic procedure for dispatching operations in capacity leveling?
Answer: For dispatch operations basic procedure includes
Either the user determines the date of dispatch or else it is specified by scheduling
A dispatching sequence needs to be determined if several operations need to be dispatched
The systems checks for
The dates to which operations are to be dispatched
The work center to which operations are to be dispatched
Finite scheduling is performed Operation check is performed
Status for the operation is set as “dispatched.”
The system carries out midpoint scheduling
31. Explain what is the need of MRP list if the stock requirement list is already given?
Answer: MRP list displays the result of the last planning run, changes that occurred between planning runs are ignored in the MRP list. While contrary to this, in the stock or requirement list all changes that occurred in the stock, issues, and receipts are displayed by the system.
32. Explain what is “work center” in SAP PP and what is the use of Data in Work Centers?
Answer: “Work Centers” are business objects in SAP-PP that is used in task list operations ( routings, maintenance task lists, inspection plans) and work orders. Data in the work center is used for
Scheduling: Formulas and operating time are entered so that the duration of an operation can be calculated
Costing: Formulas are entered so that the costs of an operation can be calculated
Capacity Planning: The available capacity and formulas for capacity requirements is entered
Simplifying operation maintenance: Various default values can be included in the work center
33. How Requirements( PIR, Sales Order, Customer Requirement) are reduced after they are produced?
Answer: Reqmts are reduced automatically after Delivery is made to the Particular Order
(In case of Strategy 11, the PIRs are consumed after the GR for Production Order)
34. Can we have more than 6 standard values in standard value key?
Answer: One way to achieve this is to create another operation step using the same work center. However, this shall be with a control key that is not a milestone. When the milestone operation is confirmed, the previous operations up to the next milestone are automatically confirmed. To get the desired number of standard values, all the ‘nonmilestone’ steps can be built depending on the need.
35. Scheduling times can be defined in the material master record by?
Answer: entering the in-house production time. This value can be updated from the routing by the system.
# entering the setup, tear down, processing, and interoperation times. If these values are maintained, the system determines the in-house production time on the basis of lot size.
36. We have a lot of size procedure here which is creating more order proposals. How do you set the limit value for the maximum number of MRP order proposals per date in IMG?
Answer: Under customization, try materials management->consumption-based planning->maintain all plants
37. What is meant by a schema?
Answer: No, you have to say him that schema is a set of instructions ( Programs ) modified as per requirements and its process is to collect the data as from all the defined institutions with subschemas and PCRs. As I was not authorized to work on them I know just the process of schemas only, (you should have said like this.)
38. How do you restrict the data to be entered in the payroll area?
Answer: No, data is entered in a payroll area, but the employees are defined depending on their pay scale structure. If you are restricting any data to be entered for pay stress this is for indirectly for the payroll area.
39. What are the other modules integrated with OM?
Answer: OM contains all the modules to be integrated, depending on client requirement it is done. As OM-PA, OM -RECT, OM-BENEFITS, OM-TRAINING & EVENT MGMT, OM – PD AND OTHERS.
CHECK THIS BY GOING TO IMG –> CTRL F AND GIVE INTEGRATION WITH OM )
CHECK ALL OF THEM, GO FOR PROGRAM
RHINTE00 PHINTE10, PRHINTE20, PHINTE30 AND 40 ALSO.
40. What are GAPS? Some Examples?
Answer: The GAPS are some issue in the blueprint that SAP cannot capture or provide the client business process.
41. What is Qualification Deficiency? How will you come to know that a person does not have certain skills/qualification?
Answer: Generally, the required qualifications are stored in Required Qualifications (Infotype 5129). So any deficient qualifications can be viewed in this infotype.
42. We would like to have a report/inquiry that would indicate variances (materials, material quantities) between the material recipe and actual process orders. We tried ME2M but this gives us a list of purchasing documents and not the consumption deviation. Where can I get such consumption deviation (master recipe Vs. Process> Orders)?
Do a data collection first.
Menu Path – Accounting->Controlling->Product cost acctg->Process mfg->Information system->Cost object hierarchy->data collection
(If you are using order hierarchy you would select order hierarchy in place of cost object hierarchy in the menu path.)
Then, Accounting->Controlling->Product Cost Accounting->Order Related Production->Information System Choose Report Period Costing – Target/Actual production variance.
43. How do you differentiate Tax for different countries?
Taxation has so many use exits to be created which means it all happens only from the new versions which SAP Releases.
44. What is meant by slab? How is Indian slab and US slab?
Answer: Grouping of employees depending on their allowances and PERKS is nothing but Slab system and it also even comes for Professional Tax.
45. In OM, how to get the details for a group of employees (ex.) group of Drivers in the organization?
Answer: Drivers can be identified depending on their position at which they are working and you can have a different job code for them who do you want to look into.
46. What is the difference between Indian and US Payroll?
Answer: Yes, it correct and even you have to say about the Benefits which are more important in the US. In the US unemployment tax will come. Garnishments will come, Residence taxation, Work tax, and others, you have to say it in a broad way then only they can know that you are working, or confident enough.
47. Mention what are the key fields found in MRP View 1?
Answer: MRP views 1 are mostly maintained for production purposes.
Lot size data
48. How can we shut off the “automatic costing indicator” and the “automatic scheduling indicator” which go on when the production order is released?
Answer: For “no automatic costing” follow the IMG path
Production -> Production orders ->Master data -> Order – >Define order type dependent parameters
Select the order type for which u automatic costing is not required. In the controlling settings, select “no automatic costing”
For “no automatic scheduling”, follow the IMG path:
Production ->Operations – >Scheduling -> Define control parameters
Select the order type and go to details. Deselect ” automatic dates “
Alternatively, you can find indicators in the control key, which is in the routing. Transaction OPL8 gives you costing indicators (Order type-dependent parameters), and OPJU (control table for scheduling) gives some scheduling options.
49. How can I use variable size items?
Answer: For example, consider an item A with ‘kg’ as base Unit Of Measurement(UOM) and ‘m3’ as stock-keeping/issue unit. Conversion factor is 1kg = 2.4 m3.
In the BOM of ‘B’, the number of A required are specified (say 5).
Specify the 3 variable dimensions i.e. length, width & thickness- say 2000mm X 3000mm X 4mm = 0.024 m3
As per BOM – ‘B’ , the quantity of A required is 0.024 X 5 = 0.120 m3
If a production Order is released for 15 numbers of ‘B’ , the quantity of variable size unit will be 1.20 m3.
You can change the length, width or thickness in the production order & check the resulting variable-size item quantity. At the same time, this requirement can be seen in ‘kg’ in stock/requirement list.
50. Can anybody explain to me why the work scheduling view is required for semi-finished and finished products?
Answer: We need to maintain working scheduling view in order to make that finished or semi-finished goods available for production as we assign production scheduler and production scheduler profile in this view, if not maintained conversion of planned order to production will not be possible.
Explain how the PP Module is Organized in SAP.
The PP module is made up of the following components:
- PP-BD Basic Data
- PP-SOP Sales and Operations Planning
- PP-MP Master Planning
- PP-CRP Capacity (Requirements) Planning
- PP-MRP Material Requirements Planning
- PP-SFC Production Orders
- PP-KAN Kanban
- PP-REM Repetitive Manufacturing
- PP-PI Production Planning for Process Industries
- PP-PDS Plant Data Collection
- PP-IS Information Systems
- Explain How ‘PP’ is ‘Integrated’ with Other Modules.
- ‘PP’ is one of the modules in SAP R/3 that is complex as the functions cut across many modules.
The following modules are tightly integrated with PP:
- CO Controlling
- FI Financial Accounting
- MM Materials Management
- SD Sales & Distribution
- PS Project Systems
- PD Personnel Planning and Development
Note: Browse latest SAP PP Interview Questions and SAP PP Tutorial. Here you can check SAP PP Online Training details and SAP PP Training Videos for self learning. Contact +91 988 502 2027 for more information.