SAP SD Interview Questions And Answers For Experienced Pdf
1. Payment Method How can I transfer the payment method from customer master to sales order automatically?
Answer: Use the user exit “userexit_move_field_to_vbkd” in report MV45AFZZ with this coding: DATA: via LIKE knb1 -well. IF bad-zlsch IS INITIAL. IF NOT back-kunnr IS INITIAL. SELECT SINGLE swells INTO via FROM knb1 WHERE bunkers = back-bukrs_vf AND runner = back-runner. bad-zlsch = via(1). ENDIF. ENDIF.
2. What is the use of the shipping process in SAP Sales and Distribution? How do you define modes of transport?
Answer: Shipping is defined as an important activity in the sales process. It comes under the logistic chain and guarantees customer service and distribution of goods.
It is a component of the Sales and Distribution module and is used to perform outbound delivery and other shipping activities like picking and packing of the goods.
In the shipping process, below are the key sub-processes –
Delivery processing of the goods
Picking of items
Packing of the goods
Post goods issue
Planning & monitoring of shipping
To define Modes of Transport, navigate –
3. What are the different activities under consignment stock in SAP SD?
Answer: Consignment stock management includes four key activities in the system –
Creating a Consignment Fill-Up (Stock is fill up at warehouse)
Creating Consignment Issue (Stock issued from the warehouse)
Creating a Consignment Pick-Up (Stock return to manufacturer)
Displaying Consignment Returns (Stock return from the customer)
4. What are the different contract types? How to create a contract in SAP system?
Answer: Quantity Contract – In this type of contract overall value is specified in terms of the total quantity of material to be supplied by the vendor.
Value Contract – In this type of contract overall value is specified in terms of the total amount to be paid for that material to the vendor.
The contract can be created by following the below steps –
Path to create Contract –
5. Change of Sales Document A sales document type of a sales order can be changed after getting saved. How do you do this?
Answer: One way is through the configuration of document type in transaction code VOV8 (O Another way is in the “Transaction Flow” section. You can also perform “Alt sales doc type 1” and “Alt sales doc type 2.”
6. Default distribution channel We have only one distribution channel in our company. Can we default it in the transaction field that needs distribution channel data? How can we configure that?
You can use the user master data to achieve this.
Use transaction code SU01 and input the user ID. Go to the Parameters tab page and add parameter VTW. Input your default distribution channel in the parameter value. The only drawback with this method is you will have to individually do this for all your users.
7. Shipping Point On the sales order shipping tab there is a field with the text “shipping point.” I would like to add new shipping points to certain plants. Where is this configured in SAP?
Answer: New shipping points are defined in the enterprise structure. Follow these steps: logistics execution -> define shipping points and assign the shipping point to plant in assign in enterprise structure under logistics execution. Next, click shipping -> shipping point and good receipt determination. Configure for automatic determination of shipping point based on shipping condition, loading group, and plant. Maintain relevant shipping condition in customer master. Maintain relevant loading group in material master (normally the standard). For the combination that you derive from the sales order, you should have a configuration entry for automatic determination in the sales order.
8. How to create the source and target database connections in the server manager?
Answer: In the main menu of the server manager, there is a menu “Server Configuration”, in that there is the menu “Databases connections”. From here you can create the Source and Target database connections.
9. Explain what Copy control is and when Copy Control transition can be done? In what manner Copy Control transition can be done?
Answer: In SAP SD, the process of copying data from the source document to the target document is done by Copy Controls. They consist of a program referred to as routing that determines how the system will transfer the data. Copy control could be useful for the end-users who don’t want to repeat the control parameters from order- to delivery- and then billing.
Copy control can be done in the following manner:
• Sales document by sales document
• Billing document by sales document
• Sales document by delivery
• Sales document by billing document
• Delivery by billing document
10. Explain what is SAP Posting Period? What is the transaction code to open and close posting period?
Answer: SAP posting period is to make sure that the posting period for the business sales order is aligned with financial posting date, which means when financial accounting is ready for closing and proceed with the payment.
11. When would you use an SAP Return Order and SAP Credit Memo?
Answer: SAP Return Order is carried out when the customer returns any previously purchased products and requires a credit or money back. While the credit memo is when the customer is credited without returning any goods.
12. Lost Tax Field in Customer Master and Material Master I do not know why the tax field in the customer master and material master is hidden. This field is not suppressed in customer master. How do I make this field appear?
Answer: Make sure you have a tax category defined for your countries in OVK1. Then check if the tax classes are defined in OVK3 and OVK4.
13. Intercompany sales I am working on Intercompany sales. How do I create material in both company codes?
Answer: Use transaction code MM01 to create material with organizational data pertaining to the plants and sales organizations.
14. Info Structure I created a new info structure and activated update rules for it. What is the best way to transport them into a productive system?
Answer: After rigorous testing in the QA environment and approval of the user community, you should transport the info structure and related items into a production environment during “downtime,” possibly when no billing documents are being created and posted.
15. Excise Tax What is the business process of excise tax and how do you relate that in SAP?
Answer: Excise tax is the duty charged on the manufacture of
goods listed in the chapter and section head of Central Excise Tariff Act. The process should amount to manufacture and separate identifiable finished goods should emerge having marketability and specified in the Tariff Act. (?????) As far as SAP is concerned you, find CIN version integrated with standard SAP from 4.7 onwards. There are two places where you need to configure CIN. The first is Financial Accounting-> Tax on Sale and Purchase and the other is Logistic General-> Tax on Goods Movement.
16. What is “Characteristic?” How does the term characteristic relate to transaction code CTO4?
Answer: Material master leads to classification, and then you select the desired class. Based on class you can choose the chart statistics. These characteristics are defined in CT04.
17. Incomplete delivery for child model (free gift) under BOM I have a BOM item and another item, which is a free gift for child model. This was not delivered to the dealer, but delivery order status indicates “complete delivery” and the scheduled line appeared fine as well. After my analysis, I found some things. The initial quantity of the BOM item is 5 and free good is 0. How do I go about fixing this?
Answer: You cannot manipulate and make changes afterward expecting the system to honor your requirements. You must add the child items as a separate order.
18. Sending Invoice via Email I have a requirement to send the invoice copy to the customer or agent that will be specified at the time of sending the invoice (it should not be configured before). How do I configure this and where do I set the indicators?
Answer: Use transaction code NACE. Define the output type here. In application V3, define the correct transmission medium. If you want to send it at your convenience select the dispatch time as 3 (Send with application own transaction). Attach the output type to the correct output determination procedure defined for the document type. Use T Code VF31 to send the message. You will need basis while configuring the email addresses because SCOT and SOST will be used by it.
19.Third-Party Sales Order Scenario On plant P1 a sales order is created which is converted into PR and PO. A central purchasing plant P2 processes it and sends it to the vendor. The vendor supplies goods to plant P2. P2 then transfers the goods to P1. P1 then delivers it to the customer. We want an actual plant to do the receipt of the goods. Meaning P2 would receive the stock initially for sales order (TAB) and linked purchase order (having plant P1) if goods are coming to P2. Subsequently, when P2 plant delivers the sales order stock to P1 plant, P1 should create the receipt of the goods for stock transfer delivery. The reason we want to achieve this is so not to disturb the material costs, as once the goods are received it will be evaluated. How do we do this?
Answer: You could have the requirement placed on P1,
which then creates a dependent requirement on P2. When purchased, it is sent to P2. The dependent requirement causes an STO between P1 and P2, and the customer demand requires fulfillment out of P1.
20. Automatic Packing I want to use automatic packing and I have to create the procedure for packing instructions. Where and how can I link the procedure with my delivery type or item category?
Answer: The procedure is assigned in transaction OVHU2.
You will have to assign the procedure to 0002 Outbound Delivery. Here you cannot specify the delivery type or item category. To some extent, you can control this with the packing indicator in the delivery item category, however, you can have better control by designing the access sequence with the available fields.
21. LIS Update Terminated After Client Copy I have a problem with LIS. After customer copy, our test system does not update LIS info structures. When I save a sales order, delivery or billing document I receive an error message that says, “update was terminated”. How do I fix this?
Answer: Generate the infrastructure and update group again in the client in which you are facing the problem.
22. How to trace changes in sales order How do you trace the changes made in the sales order in regards to changes to the partner function in the sales orders?
Answer: If you go into the change mode of the sales order
click on the environment, and then change. This menu will show you that partner functions like SH / BP / PY in the document are changed. It also shows old and new values.
23. STO Delivery Creation List I am working on cross-company STO. After I create STO, I cannot create outbound delivery by using VL10D. When I check the STO, I find that the delivery creation date is blank. It seems the system does not add the STO to the delivery due list automatically. Is some setting in SD affecting this?
Answer: The delivery creation date is blank because the STO is blocked by the release strategy.
24. Mention what are the two places where you need to configure CIN (Country Version India)?
Answer: The two places where you have to configure CIN is Financial Accounting > Tax on sale and purchase, and other is Logistic General -> Tax on Goods Movement.
25. Output with Different Language Is it possible to have two delivery notes in two different languages?
Answer: The destination country will decide which language the output should be printed. Make sure that you are identifying that in the program attached to the output and accordingly open the desired form.
26. Explain what is the difference between rush order and cash sales?
• Rush Order: Order delivery will be done on the same day while billing will be done later
• Cash Sale: Billing and order delivery will be done on the same day
27. List out the five features you can control for the sale document type?
Answer: For sale document type, the five features you can control is
28. Mention what are the techniques available in delivery Scheduling?
The techniques available in delivery Scheduling are
• Backward Scdg: The system calculates requested delivery date
• Forward Scheduling: The system calculates the earliest possible date based on the material available date.
29. what is the link/control between sales and distribution and quality?
Answer: sales &distribution and the quality that is the company is giving a good service and the reasonable rates that way the Company gives it is the link between the SD team member with pp member to give the good product to the client, say that safe and genuine Product which is acceptable by the client. And there will be no chances of return delivery.
30. What is the parallel and local currency in SAP?
Answer: Each company code can have two additional currencies, in addition to the company code, currency entered the company code data. The currency entered in the company code creation is called local currency and the other two additional currencies are called parallel currencies. Parallel Currencies can be used in foreign business transactions. In order to do an international transaction, parallel currency can be used. The two parallel currencies would be GROUP CURRENCY and HARD CURRENCY.
31. How can u check in SAP system, how, when and by whom which fields in the customer master record were changed?
Answer: Display Master rec. XDO3, and on the top menu in The Environment – Account changes- all fields. Place the cursor on the relevant line and select Choose.
32. what is the difference between centralized credit management and decentralized credit management?
Answer: Credit control areal and company code relationship is (one Too many)one client having two company codes. One can deal two CCD It’s centralized, each CCD have its own cca it’s called Decentralized cca.
33. what you mean by Alt.cond. type, alt.c.b.v.accurel, account key and requirement. what’s the difference between them?
Answer: The requirement is an ABAP routine done as per the requirement of the client, Requirement is used for ‘condition type while determining the net value forex- rebate agreements have effect in billing so we define requirement 24 in requirement. Alternate Condition type- We can specify an alternate formula instead of the condition type in the form of routines.
Alternate base value- instead of using from column to calculate the value of condition type we use formulae in the form routines. Account keys- the account keys are used for posting the values Accruals- In the accruals column the amount is accumulated, forex in rebates the amount should get accumulated.
34. what is value SAP?
Answer: Value sap is an implementation and lifecycle- a methodology that optimizes time, quality and efficient use of resources. ASAP approach is used to optimize time, quality and efficient use of resources during the course of implementation. It Integrates three components, the ASAP Roadmap, Tools, and 11/3 Service and Training, which work in conjunction to support the rapid and efficient implementation of the R/3 System.
35. In realization what will do?
Answer: In the Realization stage, we configure and customize the Blueprint stage business process with the help of functional specifications and here we map the business process into the sap.
36. Tell me the tool your company is using for support?
Answer: Solution Manager, REMEDY., Etc
37. What are the delivery possibilities, When there is not enough stock available?
1. When there is not enough stock system will give the next delivery date by checking the availability of that quantity of material.
2. When there is not enough stock for delivery, we need to first check if the customer accepts partial delivery for this item, if yes, then we can deliver the part quantity. If the customer does not accept partial quantity then backorder processing occurrence for a new material availability date.
38. What are the different partner functions can a customer master record serve?
- Sold to party
- Ship to party
- Bill to party.
39. How to update or delete the rows in a target, which do not have key fields?
Answer: To Update a table that does not have any Keys we can do a SQL Override of the Target Transformation by() specifying the WHERE conditions explicitly. The delete cannot be done this way. In this case, you have to specifically
mention the Key for Target table definition on the Target transformation in the Warehouse Designer and delete the– row using the Update Strategy transformation.
40. What is an option by which we can run all the sessions in a batch simultaneously?
Answer: In the batch edit box, there is an option called concurrent. By checking that all the sessions in that Batch will run concurrently.
41. what is the difference between the delivery document & scheduling?
Answer: 1. A delivery document is-similar to the sales order document In that the settings control how delivery is to be Carded out at the highest level and has a delivery item Category assigned to it.
The SAP System can only copy items of a sales document to delivery if they have schedule lines. The control of the schedule lines depends on the schedule line category which is determined by the Item Category and MRP type.
2. I want to add something like schedule line converted into item line in the delivery document. Schedule line mainly gives u the data related to delivery date and quantity but schedule line gives u the full detail like hip-to-party, shipping point, picking a date, etc.
42. what are the differences between invoice and billing doc?
1. Invoice also one type of billing document. The debit memo, credit memo, returns, etc.. Are some billing documents.
2. Invoice and billing document is different. Invoice is whenever we can send a Vie goods aid to the customer we can t the invoice also because to check the goods. Billing document is a total good.
Answer: Routing for a configurable material (also called Super Task Lists) contains all operations, operation sequences, production resources/tools (PRT’s) that are required to manufacture all variants of a configurable material.
44. What are the influence factors for account determination for invoices?
1. By a/c determination we determine which type of revenue sud Go where like cash sale will go in different a/c card payment will go in a different module. Factors influencing a/c determination are a chart of a/c
- AAG of customer
- AAG of material
- A/c key
2. Sales amount which is in sales order will be posted into Some accounts. Eg: sales price should be posted into revenues account in the same way sales discount should be posted into deduction account, another amount will post into some other account for this purpose we maintain account determination._–Coming to the question’s answer, influencing factors for account determination is, chart of accounts,( ft consultant will tell that chart of accounts which is used for that company code) sales organization, distribution channel, account assignment group for customer ( which is in customer master data, sales area tab page, billing view ) account assignment group for material ( .which is in material master record, sales organization 1 view .( not sure plz check) account key which is assigned in pricing • procedure G/L account number FT consultant will give this number) .
45. How to stop PGI?
1. By using T.code v109.
2. Right. but we never stop the PG’ once we do. We only cancel the PGI.
46. Tax Code Determination in Invoicing Document If several items with different VAT rates are included in one invoice, these different rates are displayed in the invoice header including the respective amount. After saving the invoice, the system determines one VAT rate including one tax code and transfers this tax code to the accounting document. How does this determination work? What is the rule behind this determination?
Answer: In FS01/02/03 you will see that there is a tax
category field where you enter the used tax code for this account. Normally tax conditions have specific account keys. Through transaction code VKOA or OV35, you assign which account (using key fields from sales) will be used for the accounting doc. Check V08 price procedure for the user account key as well.
47. How revenue account is determined?
Answer: G/L ACCOUNT SALES REVENUE SALES DEDUCTIONS
- PAYMENT CARDS
- RECONCILIATION ACCOUNT
- G/L ACCOUNT
- CASH SETTLEMENT
48. what is the main purpose of maintaining the master data?
1. Because master data is responsible for all the records like Sales order, delivery and-billing and as well as in customer payments. It is mandatory for the entire process, and for eg-we cannot create a sales order without customer master data, material master data, and condition master data.
2. Master data is useful to maintain the total customer data.
49. How are the sources and targets definitions imported in Informatica designer? How to create Target definition for flat files?
Answer: When you are in source analyzer there is an option in the main menu to Import the source from Database, Flat File, Cobol File & XML file, by selecting any one of them you can import a source definition. When you are in Warehouse Designer there is arp option in the main menu to import the target from Database, XML from File and XML from sources you can select any one of these.
There is no way to target definition as a file in Informatica designer. So while creating the target definition for a file in the warehouse designer it is created considering it as a table, and then in the session properties of that mapping, it is specified as a file.
50. When will you combine deliveries into one invoice?
1. We will combine multiple deliveries into one invoice when The bill to party, payment terms, and billing date is the same.
2. And also when billing date, that means billing is done only once in a month for the particular customer, then you combine all deliveries of that month create an invoice.