Question: What are Imp Files in Weblogic?
Answer: It is important to know which files are meant to perform what functions so that you can successfully administer your WebLogic Server. The following sections cover the important files.
The WebLogic Server’s configuration settings are stored in the config.xml file. This XML is validated with the rules defined in the config.dtd file when the server boots up. (Company)The config.xml file that was configured for your domain through the configuration wizard exists in the path BEA_HOME\user_domain\mydomain, while that for the examples server exists in the path USER_INSTALL_DIR\samples\server\config\examples. It is a good exercise to open the examples server’s config.xml file and familiarize yourself with each of its elements. (online training institute)
The config.xml files contain a record of
- Domain details, including the name of the domain, the administration port, and so on
- Security configuration
- JTA elements
- JDBC pool configuration and DataSource configurations, with the JNDI names for each of them
Editing the config.xml file can be done in the following ways:
- By using the Administration Console.
- By opening the file in any editor.
- From other programs through the WebLogic Server application programming interface (API).
- Through command-line utilities.
- With the BEA XML editor. This editor can also validate the XML file against the config.dtd file.
- With the WebLogic Builder tool, as described earlier.
The BEA XML editor is a good choice because it validates the config.xml file. None of the other utilities validate the config.xml file. Any errors in the config.xml file result in the server’s failure to boot without any warning.
While you edit the config.xml file, keep these points in mind:
- You should shut down the domain server before editing the config.xml file. Every time the server shuts down, the config.xml file is saved again or updated on the local drive. This results in the overwriting of any manually edited config.xml files done while the server was running.
- It is a safe practice to make a backup of the XML file before you edit it.
- Changing the names of any services or resources can be hazardous.
All Weblogic Interview Questions
Weblogic VideosDuration: 20-25 Hours | Version: 12c, 11g | Admin
- Experienced Faculty
- Real-time Scenarios
- Free Bundle Access
- Course Future Updates
- Sample CV/Resume
- Interview Q&A
- Complimentary Materials