Cloud Computing Interview Questions - Updated Answers
1. What Is Cloud Computing?
Answer: cloud computing is computing which is completely based on the Internet. It can also be defined as the next stage in the evolution of the Internet. Cloud computing uses the cloud (Internet) that provides the way to deliver the services whenever and wherever the user of the cloud needs. Companies use cloud computing to fulfill the needs of their customers, partners, and providers. Cloud computing includes vendors, partners, and business leaders as the three major contributors. The vendors are the one who provides applications and their related technology, infrastructure, hardware, and integration.
The partners are those who offer cloud services demand and provide support service to the customers. The business leaders are the ones who use or evaluate the cloud service provided by the partners. Cloud computing enables companies to treat their resources as a pool and not as independent resources.
2. Tell me is it cost-effective to implement a private cloud rather than a public cloud and why?
Answer: It depends on the type of business that demands a cloud setup. Suppose if the subscription on a public cloud for an application that is to be deployed on OS images is proving to be more costly then to buy some new datacenters and maintain them. Then obviously the private cloud has to be set up instead of a public cloud. This public clouds follow utility billing methodology as an electricity bill for example.
3. Explain what do you understand by CaaS?
Answer: CaaS is a terminology given in the telecom industry as Communication as a Service. The Voice-over-Ip (VoIP) follows the same delivery model. CaaS can offer enterprise user features such as desktop call control, presence, unified messaging, and desktop faxing. In addition to the enterprise features, CaaS also has a set of services for contact center automation that includes IVR, ACD, call recording, multimedia routing (e-mail and text chat), and screen pop integration.
4. Explain system integrators in Cloud Computing?
Answer: In Cloud Computing, systems integrator provides the strategy of the complicated process used to design a cloud platform. Integrator allows creating more accurate hybrid and private cloud network, as integrators have all the knowledge about the data center creation.
5. How a user can gain from utility computing in Basic Cloud Computing?
Answer: Utility computing allows the user to pay only for what they are using. It is a plug-in managed by an organization which decides what type of services has to be deployed from the cloud.
Most organizations prefer a hybrid strategy.
6. Explain how is the Cloud Computing different from primitive Client-Server Architecture?
Answer: The primitive Client-Server architecture is a one-to-one communication between only two physical machines namely Client machine and Server machine (datacenter). Whereas cloud computing, infrastructure is similar to the client-side but varies at server-side. The server-side contains the main Cloud Controller that forwards the request to its worker machines known as Nodes. These nodes are grid computing machines that dedicate all its resources to process application. These nodes are maintained in clusters. So a cloud computing infrastructure is quite complicated on the server-side that processes all the requests from clients and sends the result back.
7. Do you know Hybrid Clouds?
Answer: It is the combination of public and private cloud. It is the most robust approach to implement cloud architecture as it includes the functionalities and features of both the worlds.
8. Explain the advantages of using cloud computing?
Answer: The advantages of using cloud computing are:
- Data backup and storage of data
- Powerful server capabilities
- SaaS ( Software as a service)
- Information technology sandboxing capabilities
- Increase in productivity
- Cost-effective & Time saving
9. How do we create the Google Cloud project?
Answer: Enter into the Platform Console of Google Cloud
Once popup, select an existing project or create the new project.
10. Advantages of Google Cloud platform?
Answer: This cloud platform you can access from anywhere in the world for the best prices, scalability is very good in the Google cloud platform, Security of the data is very good in Google platform
11. What is the difference between Project Number and Id?
Answer: Whenever a replacement project is made, the project variety for that’s created mechanically whereas the project variety is made by the user himself. The project variety is required and necessary whereas the project id is often optional for might services (but it’s a requirement for the Google work out Engine).
Simple however one in all the simplest Google Cloud interview queries, this question could also be asked within the Google Cloud Engineer interview. So, it’s necessary to hide the fundamental ideas of comes whereas going for the Google Cloud interview.
12. Explain different layers in Basic Cloud Computing?
Answer: The different layers of cloud computing are:
SaaS: Software as a Service (SaaS), provides users access directly to the cloud application without installing anything on the system.
IaaS: Infrastructure as a service, it provides the infrastructure in terms of hardware like memory, processor speed, etc.
PaaS: Platform as a service, it provides cloud application platform for the developers
13. What are the different types of services provided by Google Cloud?
- Google Cloud Container Engine
- Google Cloud Machine
- Learning Engine
- Google Cloud Dataflow
- Google Cloud Job Discovery
- Google Compute Engine
- Google BigQuery Service
- Google Cloud Storage
- Google Cloud Endpoints
- Google Cloud App Engine
- Google Cloud Test Lab
14. How can I retrieve the deleted project in Google Cloud?
Answer: No, Retrieving the deleted project is difficult.
15. What is scalability in the Cloud?
Answer: Scalability is nothing but increase or decrease the service quality and ability.
16. What is the integrator system in Cloud Computing?
Answer: The cloud will encompass multiple elements which will be complicated. The system measuring system within the cloud is that the strategy that gives the method of coming up with the cloud, desegregation the assorted elements for making a hybrid or a non-public cloud network among other things.
17. What is the Cloud?
Answer: the cloud is nothing but it is a combination of storage, Hardware, interface, Network. By using a cloud we can provide the service throughout the world.
18. Why API’s is used in cloud organizations?
Answer: Writing computer programs interface’s (Application Programming Interfaces) is used in cloud organize in light of the way that:
- It gives an elective way that you don’t need to form the totally fledged program.
- It makes the correspondence between no less than one applications.
- It makes applications and association cloud organizations with various systems.
19. What is “EUCALYPTUS” in conveyed processing? For what reason is it used?
Answer: It is an acronym stays for Elastic Utility Computing Architecture For Linking Your Program To Useful Systems. It is an open source programming system in dispersed figuring and used to complete groups in the appropriated processing stage. It makes open, private and crossbreed cloud. It urges a customer to make his own server cultivate into a private cloud and use its functionalities to various distinctive affiliations.
20. What is the differentiation between flexibility and adaptability?
Answer: Versatility is typical for circulated processing which is used to manage the growing residual weight by extending in degree proportion of benefit restrain. By the usage of versatility, the structure gives on intrigue resources if the need is being raised by the development. However, Elasticity is a trademark which gives delegating and decommissioning of the immense proportion of advantage constrain logically. It is evaluated by the speed by which the advantages are proceeding interest and the utilization of the benefits.
21. What are the security preferences of dispersed registering?
Answer: Appropriated figuring affirms the application advantage, so it is used in character organization.
It offers approvals to the customers so they can control the passage of another customer who is going into the cloud condition.
22. What is the complexity between conveyed figuring and compact enlisting?
Answer: Convenient enrolling and conveyed processing is to some degree same in thought. Compact preparing uses disseminated figuring. Conveyed figuring gives customers the data which they required while inconvenient preparing, applications continue running on the remote server and gives the customer the passage for limit and administer.
23. What is a private cloud?
Answer: Private clouds are used to keep the strategic operations and other reasons secure. It is a complete platform which is fully functional and can be owned, operated and restricted to only an organization or an industry. Now a day, most of the organizations have moved to private clouds due to security concerns. Virtual private cloud is being used that operate by a hosting company.
24. What is on-demand functionality? How is it provided in cloud computing?
Answer: Cloud computing provides on-demand access to virtualized IT resources. It can be used by the subscriber. It uses a shared pool to provide configurable resources. The shared pool contains networks, servers, storage, applications, and services.
25. What are the types of data used in cloud computing?
Answer: There are many different data types used in cloud computing like emails, images, contacts, blogs, etc. As it is a known fact that data is increasing day by day so it is essential for the new data types to securely store these new data types. For instance, if you wish to store video then you need a new data type.
26. Mention platforms which are used for large-scale cloud computing?
Answer: Apache Hadoop is known to be an open source software platform for dispersed storage and distributed dispensation of huge data sets on computer bundles built from the product hardware. Hadoop services supply for data storage, data access, data processing, data governance, operations, and security.
MapReduce – Google has definitely revolutionized the analysis of large-scale datasets with this great platform. It enables the processing of massive datasets using cloud sources and other commodity hardware. It provides for fault forbearance and clear sociability at the software level.
27. How buffer is used to Amazon web services?
Answer: In order to make the system more efficient against the burst of traffic or load, the buffer is used. It synchronizes different component. The component always receives and processes the request in an unbalanced way. The balance between different components are managed by the buffer and makes them work at the same speed to provide faster services.
28. In cloud architecture what are the different components that are required?
- Cloud Ingress
- Processor Speed
- Cloud storage services
- Cloud provided services
- Intra-cloud communications
29. As infrastructure as a service what are the resources that are provided by it?
Answer: IAAS ( Infrastructure As A Service) provides virtual and physical resources that are used to build a cloud. It deals with the complexities of deploying and maintaining the services provided by this layer. Here the infrastructure is the servers, storage, and other hardware systems.
30. Explain what is the use of “EUCALYPTUS” in cloud computing?
Answer: “Eucalyptus” is an open source software infrastructure in cloud computing, which is used to implement clusters in the cloud computing platform. It is used to build public, hybrid and private clouds. It has the ability to produce your own data center into a private cloud and allows you to use its functionality to many other organizations.
31. What is the difference in cloud computing and computing for mobiles?
Cloud computing: It becomes active with the data with the help of the internet rather than the individual device. It provides users with the data which they have to retrieve on demand.
Mobile computing: It uses the same concept as cloud computing. In mobile, the applications run on the remote server and give the user access for storage and manage.
32. What Is The Use Of Apis In Cloud Services?
Answer: API stands for Application programming interface is very useful in cloud platforms as it allows easy implementation of it on the system. It removes the need to write full-fledged programs. It provides the instructions to make the communication between one or more applications. It also allows easy to create an application with ease and link the cloud services with other systems.
33. What is “EUCALYPTUS” in cloud computing? Why is it used?
Answer: It is an acronym stands for Elastic Utility Computing Architecture For Linking Your Program To Useful Systems. It is an open source software infrastructure in cloud computing and used to implement clusters in the cloud computing platform. It creates a public, private and hybrid cloud. It facilitates a user to create his own data center into a private cloud and use its functionalities to many other organizations.
34. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BIG DATA AND CLOUD COMPUTING?
Answer: Big data is a SET of data stored in large amount of space while Cloud computing is the process of storing information or data over the internet without the use of the hard drive.
35. What Resources Are Provided By Infrastructure As A Service?
Answer: Infrastructure as a Service provides physical and virtual resources that are used to build a cloud. Infrastructure deals with the complexities of maintaining and deploying the services provided by this layer. The infrastructure here is the servers, storage, and other hardware systems.
36. What is the difference between scalability and elasticity?
Answer: Scalability is a characteristic of cloud computing which is used to handle the increasing workload by increasing in proportion amount of resource capacity. By the use of scalability, the architecture provides on-demand resources if the requirement is being raised by the traffic. Whereas, Elasticity is a characteristic which provides the concept of commissioning and decommissioning of a large amount of resource capacity dynamically. It is measured by the speed by which the resources are coming on demand and the usage of the resources.
37. What is the platform as a service?
Answer: It is also a layer of cloud architecture. This model is built on the infrastructure model and provide resources like computers, storage, and network. It is responsible to provide complete virtualization of the infrastructure layer, make it look like a single server and invisible for the outside world.
38. What are Hybrid Clouds?
Answer: Hybrid clouds are nothing but a combination of public clouds as well as private clouds. It is usually preferred over both the clouds because it applies the most healthy approach to implementation of the cloud architecture. It includes the functionalities as well as the features of both the worlds at the same time. It allows the organizations to design their own cloud and permit them to give control over to someone else as well.
39. What is Security management in terms of Cloud Computing?
Answer: Here are the popular security management processes in terms of cloud computing
- Identity management- It provides access to the authorization of application services.
- Access control permission- It provides users to have complete controlling access of another user too who is entering into the same cloud environment.
- Authentication and Authorization- It provides access to only the authorized and authenticated personnel to securely access the data and applications.
40. In cloud what are the optimizing strategies?
Answer: To overcome the maintenance cost and to optimize the resources, there is a concept of three data center in the cloud which provides recovery and back-up in case of disaster or system failure and keeps all the data safe and intact.
41. Mention in what ways cloud architecture provides automation and performance transparency?
Answer: To provide performance transparency and automation there are many tools used by cloud architecture. It allows managing the cloud architecture and monitor reports. It also allows them to share the application using cloud architecture. Automation is the key component of cloud architecture which helps to improve the degree of quality.
42. Explain hybrid and community cloud?
Answer: Hybrid cloud: It consists of multiple service providers. It is a combination of public and private cloud features. It is used by the company when they require both private and public clouds.
Community Cloud: This model is quite expensive and is used when the organizations having common goals and requirements, and are ready to share the benefits of the cloud service.
43. In cloud architecture what are the different phases involved?
- Launch Phase
- Monitor Phase
- Shutdown Phase
- Cleanup Phase
44. Mention what is the difference between elasticity and scalability in cloud computing?
Answer: Scalability is a typical characteristic of cloud computing which is used to handle the escalating workload by escalating in proportion amount of resource capacity. By the use of scalability, the architecture provides resources on requirement BA is resources as and when the requirement is being raised by the traffic. On the other hand, Elasticity is a characteristic that provides for the concept of commissioning and decommissioning of the huge amount of resource capacity dynamically. It is usually measured by the speed by which the resources are coming on demand and the usage of those resources.
45. What is a cloud service?
Answer: Cloud service is used to build cloud applications using the server in a network through the internet. It provides the facility of using the cloud application without installing it on the computer. It also reduces the maintenance and support of the application which is developed using cloud service.
46. Before going for cloud computing platform what are the essential things to be taken in concern by users?
- Loss of data
- Data storage
- Business continuity
- Data integrity in cloud computing
47. How a user can gain from utility computing?
Answer: Utility computing enables the user to pay only for what they are using. It is a plug-in managed by an organization which decides what type of services has to be deployed from the cloud.
48. How User Will Gain From Utility Computing?
Answer: Utility computing allows the user to pay per use means whatever they are using only for that they have to pay. It is a plugin that needs to be managed by the organizations on deciding what type of services has to be deployed from the cloud. Utility computing allows the user to think and implement the services according to them. Most organizations go for a hybrid strategy that combines internally delivered services that are hosted or outsourced services.
49. Explain different layers which define cloud architecture?
Answer: Cloud computing architecture consists of many layers which help it to be more organized and can be managed from one place. The layers are as follows:
1. Cloud controller or CLC is the topmost level in the hierarchy which is used to manage the virtualized resources like servers, network, and storage with the user APIs.
2. Walrus is used for storage and act as a storage controller to manage the demands of the users. It maintains a scalable approach to control virtual machine images and user data.
3. Cluster Controller or CC is used to control all the virtual machines for executions the virtual machines are stored on the nodes and manages the virtual networking between Virtual machines and external users.
4. Storage Controller or SC provides a storage area in block form that is dynamically attached by Virtual machines.
5. Node Controller or NC is at the lowest level and provides the functionality of a hypervisor that controls the VMs activities, which includes execution, management, and termination of many instances.
50. What Is The Use Of Eucalyptus In Cloud Computing Environment?
Answer: Eucalyptus stands for “Elastic Utility Computing Architecture for Linking Your Programs to Useful Systems” and provides an open source software infrastructure to implement clusters in the cloud computing platform. It is used to build private, public and hybrid clouds. It can also produce your own datacenter into a private cloud and allow you to extend the functionality to many other organizations. Eucalyptus provides APIs to be used with the web services to cope up with the demand of resources used in the private clouds.