Informatica MDM Interview Questions And Answers
Are you looking for Informatica MDM Interview Questions for Fresher’s or experienced, you are at best place. There are plenty of possibilities for various reputed corporations in the business. According to analysis Informatica MDM has a business share of approximately 3.0%. Therefore, you further have a chance to lead ahead in your profession in Informatica MDM Development. SVR Technologies gives the latest Informatica MDM Interview Questions that benefits you in answering questions in interview & procure your goal & profession as Informatica MDM Developer.
Master Data Management (MDM) distinguishes the several significant data inside a company and comprises a whole of technologies which holds data integration, data quality, and business process management. Informatica MDM Training Online MDM is the unique answer that is comfortable to extend and manageable enough to solve all difficulties. That search is particularly intended to check data administration abilities and enterprise method administration talents of Informatica MDM person – as per Industry Norms. Our Informatica Training MDM skilled test is formulated and confirmed by Subject Concern Masters.
Informatica MDM Interview Questions
Informatica video is a comprehensive program practiced to allow an initiative for connecting all of its significant data to particular file additionally identified as the master file, presenting a regular point of source. When performed in a conventional way, Informatica Online Training MDM benefits in streamlining the method of data distributing between departments and employees.
SVR Technologies presents, real-time scenario-based Informatica e-Learning MDM interview questions with answers for experienced and fresher’s New 40 Informatica MDM Interview Questions and Answers. These section of question and answers will assist you to solve your Informatica MDM Job Interview.
1. What is MDM?
Answer: Master data management (MDM) is a comprehensive method of enabling an enterprise to link all of its critical data to one file, called a master file, that provides a common point of reference. When properly done, MDM streamlines data sharing among personnel and departments.
2. Define Dimensional Modeling?
Answer: There are two types of table involved in Dimensional Modeling and this model concept is different from the third normal form. Dimensional data model concept makes use of facts table containing the measurements of the business and dimension table containing the measurement context.
3. What are the data movement modes in Informatica?
Answer: A data movement mode determines how the power center server handles the character data. We choose the data movement in the Informatica server configuration settings. Two types of data movement modes available in Informatica.
4. Are you seeing awareness translate into bigger budgets for MDM?
Answer: It’s a matter of awareness and the problem becoming urgent. We are seeing budgets increased and greater success in closing deals, particularly in the Pharmaceutical and Financial services industries. Forrester predicts MDM will be $6 billion markets by 2010, which is a 60 percent growth rate over the $1 billion MDM market last year. Gartner forecasted that 70 percent of Global 2000 companies will have an MDM solution by the year 2010. These are pretty big numbers. ( oracle apex training online )
5. What are the different ways to migrate from one environment to another in Informatica?
Answer: We can export repository and import into the new environment
We can use Informatica deployment groups
We can Copy folders/objects
We can Export each mapping to XML and import in a new environment
6. What are the fundamental stages of Data Warehousing?
Answer: Offline Operational Databases – Data warehouses in this initial stage are developed by simply copying the database of an operational system to an off-line server where the processing load of reporting does not impact on the operational system’s performance.
Offline Data Warehouse – Data warehouses in this stage of evolution are updated on a regular time cycle (usually daily, weekly or monthly) from the operational systems and the data is stored in an integrated reporting-oriented data structure.
Real-Time Data Warehouse – Data warehouses at this stage are updated on a transaction or event basis, every time an operational system performs a transaction (e.g. an order or a delivery or a booking, etc.)
Integrated Data Warehouse – Data warehouses at this stage are used to generate activity or transactions that are passed back into the operational systems for use in the daily activity of the organization. ( tableau online training )
7. Explain Transformation?
Answer: It is a repository object that helps in generating, modifying or passing data. In a mapping, transformations make a representation of the operations integrated with service performs on the data. All the data goes by transformation ports that are only linked with maple or mapping.
8. Describe the foreign key columns in fact table and dimension table?
Answer: Foreign keys of dimension tables are the primary keys of entity tables.
Foreign keys of facts tables are the primary keys of dimension tables.
9. What is a mapplet?
Answer: A Mapplet is a reusable object that contains a set of transformations and enables to reuse that transformation logic in multiple mappings.
10. What are the Different methods of loading Dimension tables?
Answer: There are two different ways to load data in dimension tables.
Conventional (Slow) – All the constraints and keys are validated against the data before, it is loaded; this way data integrity is maintained.
Direct (Fast) – All the constraints and keys are disabled before the data is loaded. Once data is loaded, it is validated against all the constraints and keys. If data is found invalid or dirty it is not included in the index and all future processes are skipped on this data.
11. Define Informatica Power Center?
Answer: Designed by Informatica Corporation, it is data integration software providing an environment that lets data loading into a centralized location like a data warehouse. From here, data can be easily extracted from an array of sources, also can be transformed as per the business logic and then can be easily loaded into files as well as relation targets.
12. What the term MDM means?
Answer: MDM stands for Master Data Management. It is a comprehensive method used to enable an enterprise for linking all of its critical data to a single file also known as a master file, providing a common point of reference. When done in a proper manner, MDM helps in streamlining the process of data sharing among departments and personnel.
13. Describe the parallel degree of data loading properties in MDM?
Answer: This specifies the parallelism’s degree that is set upon the base object table as well as its related tables. Although it doesn’t occur for all batch processes, it can have a positive consequence on performance once it’s used. Nevertheless, its use is restricted by the number of CPUs on the database server machine along with the amount of available memory. 1 is the default value.
14. Has MDM gone mainstream? Do people “get it?
Answer: There is a huge awareness of MDM. Gartner recently hosted an MDM conference for the first time [piggy-backing on its CRM conference], and they pulled in about 500 attendees.
As to whether they “get it,” it depends on who you’re talking to. Most of the IT people get it. Business users understand the moniker, but they might or might not understand MDM quite as well. I find that business users often require education in terms of what it can do for them and what value it brings. With IT people, it’s a different conversation; they want to know more about the features and how we differentiate ourselves from the competition. ( devops training online )
15. What are the biggest technical and management challenges in adopting MDM?
Answer: Technical folks often have a challenge in data governance in selling the project and getting the funding. Management is looking for a return on investment; they need MDM tied to quantifiable benefits that business leaders understand, like dollar amounts around ROI.
16. Describe various fundamental stages of Data Warehousing?
There are various fundamental stages of Data warehousing. They are:
1. Offline Operational Databases: This is the first stage in which data warehouses are developed simply by copying operational system database to an offline server where the dealing out a load of reporting not put any impact on the performance of the operational system. ( hadoop training online )
2. Offline Data Warehouse: In this stage of development, data warehouses are updated on a regular basis from the operational systems. Plus, all the data is stored in an incorporated reporting-oriented data structure.
3. Real-Time Data Warehouse: During this stage, data warehouses are updated on an event or transaction basis. Also, an operational system executes a transaction every time.
4. Integrated Data Warehouse: This is the last stage where data warehouses are used for generating transactions or activity passing back into the operating system for the purpose of use in an organization’s daily activity.
17. What is Dimensional Modeling?
Answer: Dimensional data model concept involves two types of tables and it is different from the third normal form. This concept uses Facts table which contains the measurements of the business and Dimension table which contains the context (dimension of calculation) of the measurements.
18. What is Transformation?
Answer: A transformation is a repository object that generates, modifies or passes data. Transformations in a mapping represent the operations the Integration Service performs on the data. Data passes through transformation ports that are linked in a mapping or mapplet.
19. Name various components of Informatica Power Center. ?
Answer: There are various components of Informatica PowerCenter. They are as follows:
1. PowerCenter Repository
2. PowerCenter Domain
3. PowerCenter Client
4. Administration Console
5. Integration Service
6. Repository Service
7. Data Analyser
8. Web Services Hub
9. PowerCenter Repository Reports
10. Metadata Manager
20. What is Data Mining?
Answer: Data Mining is the process of analyzing data from different perspectives and summarizing it into useful information.
21. What is a different type of repositories that can be created using the Informatica Repository Manager?
A repository which functions individually and is unrelated to any other repositories.
Global Repository :
This is a centralized repository in a domain. This repository can contain shared objects across the repositories in a domain. The objects are shared through global shortcuts.
The local repository is within a domain. The local repository can connect to a global repository using global shortcuts and can use objects in it’s shared folders.
22. Describe various repositories that can be generated using Informatica Repository Manager.?
Answer: There are various repositories that can be formed with the help of the Informatica Repository Manager. They are as follows:
1. Standalone Repository: It is a repository functioning individually as well as is not related to any other repositories.
2. Local Repository: This repository functions within a domain. It is able to connect to a global repository with the help of global shortcuts. Also, it can make use of objects in their shared folders.
3. Global Repository: This repository works as a centralized repository in a domain. It contains shared objects crossways the repositories in a domain.
23. What is Informatica PowerCenter?
Answer: Powercenter is data integration software of Informatica Corporation which provides an environment that allows loading data into a centralized location such as data warehouse. Data can be extracted from multiple sources can be transformed according to the business logic and can be loaded into files and relation targets.
24. What is the Dimension table?
Answer: The dimensional table contains textual attributes of measurements stored in the facts tables. The dimensional table is a collection of hierarchies, categories, and logic which can be used for the user to traverse in hierarchy nodes.
25. What is the expiration module of automatic lock-in Informatica MDM?
Answer: In every 60 seconds, the hub console is refreshed in the current connection. A lock can be released manually by a user. In case the user switches to another database while having a hold of a lock, then the lock will be released automatically. In case the hub console is terminated by the user, then the lock will be expired after a minute.
26. Define Data Warehousing?
Answer: It is the main depot of an organization’s historical data and its corporate memory, containing the raw material for the decision support system of management. What lead to the use of data warehousing is that it allows a data analyst to execute complex queried and analysis like data mining on the info without making any slow in an operational system. Collection of data in Data warehousing is planned for supporting decision making of the management. These warehouses contain an array of data presenting a coherent image of business conditions in time at a single point. Data Warehousing is a repository of information that is available for analysis and query.
27. What is the difference between the mapping parameter and variable?
Answer: A Mapping Parameter is a static value that you define before running the session and its value remains until the end of the session. When we run the session PowerCenter evaluates the value from the parameter and retains the same value throughout the session. When the session run again it reads from the file for its value.
A Mapping Variable is dynamic or changes anytime during the session. PowerCenter reads the initial value of the variable before the start of the session and changes its value by using variable functions and before ending the session its saves the current value (last value held by the variable). Next time when the session runs the variable value is the last saved value in the previous session.
28. What is Fact table?
Answer: Fact table contains measurements of business processes also fact table contains the foreign keys for the dimension tables. For example, if your business process is “paper production” then “average production of paper by one machine” or “weekly production of paper” would be considered as a measurement of the business process. ( python training online )
29. Differentiate between variable and mapping parameter?
Answer: A Mapping variable is dynamic, i.e. it can vary anytime throughout the session. The variable’s initial value before the starting of the session is read by PowerCenter, which makes use of variable functions to change the value. And before the session ends, it saves the current value. However, the last value is held by the variable itself. Next time when the session runs, the value of the variable is the last saved value in the previous session.
>> A Mapping parameter is a static value, defined by you before the session starts and the value remains the same until the end of the session. Once the session runs, PowerCenter evaluates the parameter’s value and retains the same value during the entire session. Next time, when the session runs, it reads the value from the file.
30. What is the difference between the mapping parameter and variable?
Answer: A Mapping parameter is a static value that you define before running the session and its value remains until the end of the session. when we run the session PowerCenter evaluates the value from the parameter and retains the same value throughout the session. When the session run again it reads from the file for its value.
A Mapping variable is dynamic or changes anytime during the session. PowerCenter reads the initial value of the variable before the start of the session and changes its value by using variable functions and before ending the session its saves the current value (last value held by the variable). Next time when the session runs the variable value is the last saved value in the previous session.
31. What is the different type of repositories that can be created using the Informatica Repository Manager?
Answer: Standalone Repository – A repository which functions individually and is unrelated to any other repositories.
Global Repository – A centralized repository in a domain. This repository can contain shared objects across the repositories in a domain. The objects are shared through global shortcuts.
Local Repository – A Local repository is within a domain. The local repository can connect to a global repository using global shortcuts and can use objects in its shared folders.
32. What are the objects that you can’t use in a mapplet?
- COBOL source definition
- Joiner transformations
- Normalizer transformations
- Non reusable sequence generator transformations.
- Pre or post-session stored procedures
- Target definitions
- Power mart 3.5 styles Look Up functions
- XML source definitions
- IBM MQ source definitions
33. What is OLAP?
Answer: OLAP is an abbreviation of Online Analytical Processing. This system is an application that collects, manages, processes and presents multidimensional data for analysis and management purposes.
34. Describe all the biggest management and technical challenges in adopting MDM?
Answer: There is always a challenge for technical folks in data governance to sell the project and get the fund. There is always a look for ROI by management. They require MDM knotted to quantifiable benefits that are considered by business leaders such as dollar amounts around ROI.
35. Define Data Mining?
Answer: It is a process that helps in analyzing data from several perspectives and also allows summarizing it into helpful information.
36. Name various data movement modes in Informatica?
Answer: A data movement mode helps in determining how power center server takes care of the character data. Data movement is selected in the Informatica server configuration settings. There are two different data movement modes available in Informatica. They are:
** Unicode Mode and ASCII Mode
** Explain OLAP.
** OLAP stands for Online Analytical Processing. It processes as an app helps that gathers, manages, presents and processes multidimensional data for management and analysis purposes.
37. How to delete duplicate record in Informatica?
Answer: Following are ways to remove duplicate records
In the source, qualifier use select distinctly
Use Aggregator and group by all fields
Override SQL query in Source qualifier
38. Name the tables that are linked with staging data in Informatica MDM?
There are various tables that are linked with staging data in Informatica MDM. They are:
1. Landing Table
2. Raw Table
3. Rejects Table
4. Staging Table
39. Explain various types of LOCK used in Informatica MDM 10.1?
Two types of LOCK are used in Informatica MDM 10.1. They are:
1. Exclusive Lock: Letting just one user make alterations to the underlying operational reference store.
2. Write Lock: Letting multiple users make amendments to the underlying metadata at the same time.
40. Define different ways used in Informatica to migrate from one environment to another?
1. A repository can be imported and exported to the new environment
2. Informatica deployment groups can be used
3. Folders/objects can be copied
4. Each mapping can be exported to XML and then be imported in the new environment.