Jenkins Interview Questions
Simply employ modifications to Source Code Repository and Jenkins can automate the rest of the method for you with the aid of plugins. Therefore that delivers it a really valuable DevOps tool. There is a great opportunity that you find multiple Jenkins questions if you go for a DevOps job interview. Here are the common regularly asked Jenkins interview questions. we have raised certain questions after performing a bunch of research and after discussing with some DevOps Training experts who are directly concerned with the hiring process. Interested to grasp further about Jenkins…
Here SVR Technologies giving a list of 20 real-time Jenkins interview questions for freshers as well as experienced developers. Certain Jenkins questions were investigated in different software configuration management interviews. The list of interview questions on Jenkins will encourage you to solve your next Jenkins job interview.
1. What is Jenkins?
Answer: Jenkins is an apparent source device including plugin established for constant alliance purpose. The main functionality of Jenkins is to retain a record of the version controller system and to admit and observe a build system if variations occur. It controls the entire process and contributes reports and warnings to inform.
2. What is continuous integration?
Answer: within software growth, when many developers or crews are operating on various sections of the corresponding web application, we require to implement integration test by combining all modules. In sequence to do that an electronic method for every piece of code is executed on periodic bases so that all your code gets examined.
3. What is the requirement for using Jenkins?
Answer: To practice Jenkins you need
A source code container which is accessible, concerning instance, a Git container
A practical build script, example: A Maven script, indicated within the container.
4. What are the benefits of Jenkins?
Answer: Benefits of Jenkins are
- In an integration platform, create crashes are cached
- Toward every code commit develops to warning build report produces a warning
- To admonition developers regarding build report progress or abortion, it is combined with LDAP mail server
- Succeeds in constant integration of agile improvement and test-driven progress.
- By easy steps, maven discharge project is electronic
- Simple tracking of faults at an initial stage in a progressive atmosphere than production
5. Describe how to move or copy Jenkins from one server to another?
Answer: Drive a work from one installation of Jenkins to another by copying the relevant work directory.
- By making the clone of a job directory by another name Create a copy of a previously existing job.
- Renaming an existing job by renaming a directory.
6. What are the commands that are used to begin Jenkins manually?
Answer: To begin Jenkins manually, the commands used are either of the following
(Jenkin_url)/safe restart: Allows all running builds to complete
(Jenkins_url)/restart: Forces a restart without waiting for builds to complete
Jenkins Interview Questions
7. Discuss some of the valuable plugins in Jenkin?
Answer: Some of the significant plugins in Jenkin involves
- HTML publisher
- Copy artifact
- Maven 2 project
- Amazon EC2
- Green Balls
8. Describe how to deploy a custom build of a core plugin?
Answer: To deploy a custom field of a core plugin, these are the following things to do
Tracing the custom HPI to $Jenkins_Home/plugins
Eliminate the previously expanded plugin directory
Make an empty file called .hpi.pinned
9. Demonstrate how to build a backup and copy files in Jenkins?
Answer: Jenkins preserves all the setting, build artifacts and logs in its home directory, to formulate a back-up of your Jenkins settings, simply copy this directory. And also copy a job directory rename the directory to replicate a job.
10. Define how to clone a Git repository via Jenkins?
Answer: Just enter the e-mail and username for your Jenkins system. For that, you need to switch to your job directory and execute the “git config” command with this you can clone a Git repository via Jenkins.
11. Explain how you can set up Jenkins job?
Answer: To create a project that is handled via jobs in Jenkins. Select New item from the menu, once this done enter a name for the job and select freestyle job. Then click OK to create a new job in Jenkins. The next page enables you to configure your job.
12. Mention what are the two components Jenkins is mainly integrated with?
Answer: Jenkin is mainly integrated with two components
⦁ Version Control system like GIT, SVN
⦁ And build tools like Apache Maven.
13. What is the difference between Maven, Ant, and Jenkins?
Answer: The most basic difference is:
Maven and Ant are Build Technologies whereas Jenkins is a continuous integration tool.
14. Which SCM tools does Jenkins support?
Answer: Jenkins supports the following SCM tools:
15. What is continuous integration in Jenkins?
Answer: In software development, multiple developers or teams work on different segments of the same web application so you have to perform integration test by integrating all modules. In order to do that an automated process for each piece of code is performed on a daily bases so that all your codes get tested. This process is known as continuous integration.
16. What is the relation between Hudson and Jenkins?
Answer: Hudson was the earlier name and version of current Jenkins. After some issue, the project name was changed from Hudson to Jenkins.
17. Why is Continuous Integration important?
Answer: Two important reasons:
Defects found early cost less to fix: When a defect is found immediately after a developer code it, it takes 10x times less time to fix it compared to finding the defect a month later.
Reduced Time to Market: Software is always tested. So, it is always ready to move to further environments.
18. How is Continuous Integration Implemented?
Answer: Different tools for supporting Continuous Integration are Hudson, Jenkins, and Bamboo. Jenkins is the most popular one currently. They provide integration with various version control systems and build tools.
19. What is SSH?
Answer: SSH (Also known as Secure Shell) is a program to log into another computer over a network, to execute commands in a remote machine, and to move files from one machine to another. It provides strong authentication and secure communications over insecure channels. It is intended as a replacement for rlogin, ssh, and RCP.
20. Why is the necessity of DevOps?
Answer: Corporations are now facing the necessity of carrying more and quicker and improved requests to see the ever more persistent demands of mindful users to decrease the Time to Marketplace. DevOps often benefits placement to occur very profligately.
All Devops Interview Questions
Devops VideosDuration: 25+ Hours
- Experienced Faculty
- Real-time Scenarios
- Free Bundle Access
- Course Future Updates
- Sample CV/Resume
- Interview Q&A
- Complimentary Materials