1. What is the different type of projects?
There are 7 types of SAP HR projects
1. SAP Implementation Project.
2. SAP Support Project.
3. SAP Roll-Out Project.
4. SAP Enhancement Project.
5. SAP Upgradation Project.
6. SAP Migration Project.
7.SAP Acquisition/Merger Project.
2. What Is Client In The Sap System?
Answer: In the SAP R/3 (R stands for Real-time) system, a client is an organization and a legal entity. A client is positioned at the highest level among all the organizational units. It contains the master data of various business processes, such as customers, products, and vendors. A three-digit number is used to represent clients in the SAP R/3 system.
3. What is the use of INFO GROUPS?
Answer: The infotype group (commonly known as Infogroup) guarantees that during the personnel action, all information needed for the business processes is stored. The Infogroup is processed when you perform a personnel action. – An Infogroup exists in the standard system for every personnel action type. – In Customizing for Personnel Administration, you can tailor the make-up of the various info groups to the requirements of your company. – You can define info groups as user-group dependent. Infogroup’s are used in Personnel Actions to define a set of sequential info types that you would be using while performing an action. For example, when you hire, you would want to use IT0000,0001,0002,0006,0007,0008 etc in a sequence- in a particular order. To define an Infogroup for this purpose which contains all these info types, their order of execution and the user groups it is applicable for. Then you assign this Infogroup to the action that you had defined.
4. In TM, if a group of employees gets 10 days of annual leave, what will be the time evaluation status?
Answer: TIME evaluation shows the exact details maintained over to the employee through his 2006 and 2001. if they are all allowed to take leave it shows leave as paid or unpaid depending on the configuration done by the consultant for this situation. in
processing time data in payroll or even Time evaluation ( Valuation of absences ) also.
5. Find the scenario and give the result: A, B, C are employees, where A, B will get basic, HRA, DA. C gets Basic and DA. How to group for the allowances?
Answer: Allowances are paid depending on his graduation and even wages are also paid on this criteria if AB is paid bas, hra, and DA then take three wage types and assign to the ES Grouping and don’t give HRA wage type to C.
– Check basic salary of Indian and ALlowances in Indian payroll thoroughly, bcos first of all v have to understand this first and
then you have to decide the emp sub-groupings.
6. How do you import pay scale data from non SAP to SAP?
Answer: (Somebody told me that there’s a tool called LEGACY to transfer non SAP data to SAP. I said the same. Is it the same for payroll also? He wanted a clearer explanation of how I did it.
Yes, you have to say from which transaction code you are transferring data from Non SAP into sap.
7. What is Roles And Responsibilities Of Sap Hr Consultants?
1)Legacy Process Understanding.
A functional consultant is likely to get knowledge about the current business process in the company, the design of current business flows. Prepare AS-IS document & To-Be document.
2)Identifying the Gaps and Solution Design
GAP analysis & Solution Design
3) Requirement Gathering
4) Business blueprint Preparation
5)Writing functional specifications
6)Configuration & customisation
7) Testing Prepare test scripts for testing & test. Type of testing is Unit Testing, regression testing, integration testing, Product Integration Testing, etc.
8) End-user manual preparation and End-user training
9)Go live cutover activities
10)The post-Go-live Support
8. What is ASAP methodology?
ASAP is SAP’s standard implementation methodology.
Phases in SAP Implementation Methodology
Phase 1: Project Planning
Phase 2: Blueprinting
Phase 3: Realization
Phase 4: Final Preparation
Phase 5: Go Live
9. What is Dynamic Action?
Answer: The dynamic Action feature is made available in SAP HR to perform automatically by the system based on certain conditions. (e learning portal)
10. What Is the Company Code?
Answer: A company code is a unique four-character alphanumeric code that represents a legally independent enterprise.
11. What is meant by authorization? Did you ever work on it?
Answer: Authorizations are the transactions given to the end-users or the developers for only some areas to work, info types, transaction codes, org units, and others depending on the requirement of the client or the developing enterprise. Check this at PFCG tcode.
12. How do you restrict the data to be entered in the payroll area?
Answer: No, data is entered in a payroll area, but the employees are defined depending on their pay scale structure. If you are restricting any data to be entered for pay strcs this is for indirectly for the payroll area.
13. What is going life actually? What is the role of a functional consultant in it?
Answer: Go live is transferring of data from Development server to Production server.
Development —–> Quality server
In Quality, you need to Unit, Integration testing, Once it is OK in the Quality server,
Then you need
Development —-> Production
14. WHAT IS MATCH CODE?
Answer: Match Code W provides a list of all personnel numbers in the selected payroll area that have been rejected by the payroll run because of incorrect data. This means that the payroll has not run for them successfully. Personnel numbers are also included in Matchcode W if personnel data is changed in the correction phase of the payroll run.
15. Explain the uses of the simple maintenance interface?
Answer: Simple Maintenance is used when Staff assignments and reporting structure are to be changed. There are three main areas in Simple Maintenance. Each area contains particular maintenance functions, depending on whether you want to edit organizational structure, staff assignments or task profiles. For Organizational Management users, Simple Maintenance is best used to establish the basic framework in organizational plan development. For complete, detailed editing of individual organizational objects in your organizational plan (editing particular positions or organizational units, for example), we recommend that you switch to Info-type Maintenance. Simple maintenance uses a tree structure, which allows you to create a basic framework for organizational plans, using streamlined procedures. In this way, we can create an organizational and reporting structures step by step.
16. What Is Img?
Answer: IMG is a project support tool. It contains documentation about the implementation steps of the SAP system. It also helps you to control and document the project during implementation.
17. What are the other modules integrated with OM?
Answer: OM contains all the modules to be integrated, depending on client requirement it is done. As OM-PA, OM -RECT, OM-BENEFITS, OM-TRAINING & EVENT MGMT, OM – PD AND OTHERS.
– CHECK THIS BY GOING TO IMG –> CTRL F AND GIVE INTEGRATION WITH OM )
CHECK ALL OF THEM, GO FOR PROGRAM
RHINTE00 PHINTE10, PRHINTE20, PHINTE30 AND 40 ALSO.
18. What is ERP?
Answer: Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is business integrate software that allows an organization to integrates multiple applications/functions such as Human resource, Finance, operation, manufacturing, sales, production, Supply chain Management, and marketing.
19. What are the different software packets available in the market?
Answer: Few of the top /old ERPS’s are Baan, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne from Oracle, Maximo from IBM, Microsoft Dynamics, PeopleSoft from Oracle,mySAP from SAP, Ramco ERP from Ramco Systems.
20. What are the different modules of SAP?
SAP Modules are classified into 4 types
1. SAP Functional Modules
2. SAP Technical Modules
3. SAP New Dimensional Modules /SAP New Modules
4. SAP IS – Industries specific modules.
21. What is the full form of SPRO?
SPRO stands for SAP Project Reference Object.
22. List The Various Components Of The Enterprise Structure In Systems, Applications, And Products (sap) In Human Capital Management (him)?
The components of the enterprise structure in SAP HCM are given as follows:
- Company code
- Personnel area
- Personnel subarea
23. What Is Human Resource Information Systems (Chris)?
Answer: Human Resource Information Systems enables you to perform standard reporting from all HR areas.
24. What is EVALUATION PATH, where do we do it and why?
A chain of relationships between objects in a hierarchical structure. for eg. O-S-P(Organization->Position->Person).
25. How do you differentiate Tax for different countries?
Answer: Taxation has so many use exits to be created which means it all happens only from the new versions which SAP Releases.
26. WHAT IS MEANT BY PAYSCALE STRUCTURE? HOW DID YOU CONFIGURE PAY SCALE STRUCTURE?
(I SAID I CREATED VARIOUS PAYROLL AREAS AND DEFAULTED THEM USING THE FEATURE ABKRS. SEEMED HE WAS EXPECTING MORE THAN THIS FROM ME.)
Pay Scale Structure means the creation of Payroll area, Payscale type, area, group and levels with EmpSub group grouping for PCR & caps.
27. SUPPOSE THE CLIENT WANTS ME THE VACANCY TO BE DISPLAYED ON A WEBSITE AS WELL AS ESS. HOW SHOULD I DO IT?
(I ONLY KNOW ESS MEANS EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE, PLEASE EXPLAIN ABOUT ESS ALSO).
Employee Self-Service enables employees to create, display, and change their own HR-related data in the Enterprise Portal generally related to. Benefits and Payments, Working Time, Career and Job, Employee Search, Personal Data, Travel Management, Corporate Information and Life and Work Events. So the kind of data the employees can edit, change or delete depending upon the authorizations the employees (users and roles) have. The authorization to have access to the vacancies by employees is given, generally, the vacancies will be displayed for all the employees i.e all the employees will have authorizations.
28. What is PROCESSING CLASS, where we do them and why?
Answer: Wage type characteristic that determines how processing is conducted during the payroll run.
29. What is INTERNAL PAYROLL PROCESS?
Answer: Payroll process(program) is run at a specific point in time, not only to calculate an employee’s basic remuneration but also any special payments, overtime payments or bonuses that must be effected for the period in question.
30. What is meant by a schema?
Answer: (I said I’m only aware that it is a set of rules which is copied and renamed, but never worked on that.)
No, you have to say him that schema is a set of instructions ( Programs ) madified as per requirements and its process is to collect the data as from all the defined instructions with subschemas and PCRs. As I was not authorized to work on them I know just the process of schemas only, (you should have said like this.)
31. What is meant by slab? How is Indian slab and US slab?
(He was talking about some %ages. I don’t know what they are. )
Grouping of employees depending on their allowances and PERKS is nothing but Slab system and it also even comes for Professional Tax.
lets say hiring, you need to populate a set of info types. Your initial entry of details in infotype 0000 is personnel action. When you do this system automatically displays next info types- which is the result of dynamic action.
32. What do is LANDSCAPE in SAP Project, I think its related to no. of servers used, Pls correct me if I am wrong, Or what it is?
It is related to the Basis.
33. I just wanted to know that when I am recruiting somebody, I am generating his personal no also. Then I want to give him training also. Now I just want to create 2 scenarios to clear my doubts?
1–How to create a time schedule for 1 day training where when the breaks, working hours do not coincide with the training time and the person is also booked.
2–How to create another time schedule that is coinciding with the training time and the person is not booked. Show me the steps in time management, so that I can understand by both the scenarios why a person is booked and when he is not booked
A. If you want the know the working hours for checking this just goto pa20 select personnel number then select for 0007 infotype. Click display and then click for the work-schedule icon which is available on the top. You will find the work timings on the day you require just select and thru checkbox, you can find his timings.
34. What is the purpose of creating symbolic a/c, what is transaction code for same? Can we assign one symbolic a/c to multiple wage types?
It depends upon your payroll requirement to create salary head like expense account etc.
35. What is the difference between Retroactive Accounting Period, Earliest Retroactive Accounting Period?
Retroactive Acc Period: The retroactive accounting period refers either to an individual employee or to a payroll area. The earliest possible retroactive accounting period is specified for a payroll area. The system also takes into consideration the employee’s initial entry date.
Earliest Retroactive Acc’g Period: The period furthest back in the past for which it is still possible to perform a retroactive accounting run. This means that retroactive accounting takes place for a period for which payroll has already been performed.
36. What is an evaluation path?
Answer: An evaluation path describes a chain of relationships that exists between individual organizational objects in the organizational plan.
You can maintain evaluation paths on img -> Personnel Management ->Organisation Management-> Basic Settings-> Maintain Evaluation Paths.
37. How do you import payscale data from non SAP to SAP? (Somebody told me that there’s a tool called LEGACY to transfer non SAP data to SAP. I said the same. Is it the same for payroll also? He wanted a clearer explanation of how I did it?
Answer: Yes, you have to say from which transaction code you are transferring data from Non SAP into sap.
38. What are plan versions used for?
Answer: Plan versions are used in OM to create scenarios in which you can create organizational plans. The current plan version should be “01”, as set in PLOGI PLOGI.
39. What are the basic object types?
The five basic building block object types in OM are SPOCK.
S – Position
P – Person
O – Organization Unit
C – Job
K – Cost Centre.
40. I have a certain group of employees who have vacation exceptions. The company does not want to create additional PSA/PA to enable me to put them in their own PSA Grouping for time quota types. Can I use IT2012 to bring in the exception hrs and then add this value to their accrual as defined in the config? Because of this, they will accrue vacation time at a higher rate. Is this possible? Combining config settings and schema to accrue leave. If I could put them in their own separate PSA grouping for time quota types it would be easy for me as I would not permit generation of quota during time eval. And then do this in the schema. Any suggestions?
Answer: Schemas allow you to move, delete, copy and insert lines inline editor commands.here you can enter the commands and enter in the area used for the line numbers. You can overwrite any of the numbers with the commands. Sub-schemas are called by the copy command.
41. What is a BSP application?
Answer: BSP (Business Server Pages) in the new dimension in SAP where web application can be built. BSP uses HTML for the presentation and ABAP for the business logic. As an option, there is also the Java flavor using JSP.BSP applications are far better than the old IAC’s (Internet application components) delivered vide the ITS where the display format is kind of fixed. In SAP HR the new appraisal system used BSP. Well, this is only basic information. You may wish to use the MBS (WASversion) to try and developed a simple application using BSP.
42. What is meant by a schema?
Answer: No, you have to say him that schema is a set of instructions ( Programs ) madified as per requirements and its process is to collect the data as from all the defined instructions with subschemas and PCRs. As I was not authorized to work on them I know just the process of schemas only, (you should have said like this.)
43. How do you differentiate Tax for different countries?
Answer: Taxation has so many use exits to be created which means it all happens only from the new versions which SAP Releases.
44. Can a posting run be deleted?
Answer: Yes, It can be reversed before the Bank transfer. Once the transfer is done the pay meets need to be adjusted in the next payments.
45. What actually happens in real-time Recruitment?
Answer: Real-Time in the sense of SAP or IT or Domain. You should have asked him the question, Ok it should be SAP for interview For SAP Consultant. Any company wants a sophisticated Work to be done and with more useful and accurate result even after spending more and more on EPR, So SAP Recruitment helps to Rect people of the client to get the exact people for not only their experience , with also Educational , Exp, Skills, Past experience and all reqd areas without entering all the data of the requirement.
As in normal people has to sit on the requirement of the position and then shortlist all the applications, it also helps to know the internal employees to call for its and the best way of shortlisting is going for Profile Match-Ups, and recruitment is useful for integration with all other modules for PD, PY also for relevant reports and upgradations.
Even recent modules will be able to send the recruiter a POP up saying the Position is vacant and it should be filled with the requirement.
I got stuck in PB10 initial entry screen. While assigning personnel officer by default its showing the standard one like APPL’s admin group only. It’s now accepting what I have created under PA define admin group and I assigned under define admin group also (PINCH).
Once you assign your administrator group under PINCH, please check whether you activated or not and also check your groupings.
46. How did you transfer legacy data in the mid of the financial year (US) to the SAP system?
Answer: For mid-year Go live SAP Supports with only transactions of HR and others but nor Finance, u should have asked the question to him, or replied by giving the INLK Schemas is used for Mid year Go Live or even a program is there for mid-year go live,in the help CD, find IT.
47. What are the dynamic actions and how to configure it?
Answer: Dynamic actions are performed automatically by the system, depending on certain conditions. If maintaining one infotype has an effect on another infotype, the system automatically displays the second infotype for processing.
Dynamic actions can run in the background i.e. the user does not see the run on the screen.
A change in one field of an infotype might require, that certain other infotype be updated at the same time. The details can be specified as a dynamic event. It is automatically triggered by the system.
The Personal Data infotype is newly created, and the Number of children field is filled. Once the record is saved, the system automatically displays the Family/Related Person (0021) infotype and the Child subtype (2) for processing. An employee is hired, and the probationary period is entered in infotype Contract Elements. Once this information is saved, the system automatically displays a record from the Monitoring of Dates (0019) infotype and the subtype Expiry of probation (1) for processing.
48. Can anybody give some examples of tickets in OM, PA.? What are the tickets you will get in support project please provide me with a solution?
Answer: If any issue, the user raises the ticket. Suppose in OM, org tree is not visible and in PA updation of master records, wage type permissibility or any issue. Relating to the same. If you have any payroll down load happening, that gets affected due to this infotype. We need to look into as an urgent matter.
49. How is Time management and payroll is integrated?
Answer: TM MGMT and Payroll are integrated into ways are time data is collected from the info type 0007 and these hours are taken in basic as Number of hours worked or utilized, and even with time evaluation and last with schemas integration.
X000 schema carries xt00 and these data can be transferred between other modules.
50. There is 1 person but it’s displaying that this person cannot be booked. He is not available for the business event. Can you tell me where is it going wrong? What can be the reasons?
Answer: You should be able to book for all persons but it showing only for one person means you need to check infotype 2001 and his work schedule. If it showing for all the persons, just follow as below:
Create a calendar with open days means without any holidays and assign in Training and Event Management –> Basic Settings –> Controlling days off –> Specify Factory Calendar in this thru drill down/checkbox select the calendar which you have created in time management without any holidays and try out if again. If it shows the same message then remove time integration.
Note: Browse latest Abap Interview Questions and Abap Tutorial Videos. Here you can check Abap Training details and Abap Training Videos for self learning. Contact +91 988 502 2027 for more information.