Top 50 Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers Pdf
Are you looking for Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers? Concerning Experienced & Fresher’s, you are at right place. There are a lot of possibilities from several reputed organizations in the business. According to an investigation, Salesforce has a business percentage of roughly 49.3%. So, you but have chances to go forward in your profession in Salesforce. SVR Technologies gives high-level Salesforce Interview Questions 2018 that aids you in hurting your interview & obtain your desire profession as Salesforce Developer.
The higher experienced we are, the stronger we grow to recognize that the questions we demand or the answers we present in an interview state a lot regarding our passion and level of interest for a product, business, or industry. This is surely the problem with Salesforce Admin Training, the powerful Customer Relationship Management (CRM) service in the business.
Salesforce Interview Questions
Certain model questions are designed by masters from SVR Technologies that train for Salesforce training to present you an idea of the kind of questions which may be needed in the interview. We must take full care to provide correct answers to all the questions. Here is best 50 objective type example Salesforce Interview questions and their answers are provided just beneath to them.
1. What is Salesforce? (Top 50 Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers Pdf)
- Salesforce is a company which provides a web based tool called Salesforce
- Salesforce by following the Cloud Computing approach, providing SAAS and PAAS
- SAAS: Providing Sales, Marketing and Call Center applications as a service
- PAAS: Platform as a Service, This is a category of cloud computing that provides a platform and environment to allow developers to build applications and services over the internet. (Top 50 Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers Pdf)
2. What is the benefit of Salesforce CRM ?
Answer: Here are some of the top benefits of Salesforce CRM
- Ensuring faster and better sales opportunity.
- Deploying an analytical approach to customer acquisition.
- Reducing cost and improving customer satisfaction.
- Automation of repetitive and less important tasks.
- Improved efficiency and enhanced communication on all fronts.
3. Explain the advantages of Salesforce SaaS functionality ? clse
Answer: Some of the main benefits of Salesforce SaaS are:
- A pay-as-you-go model perfectly suited for all customers.
- No hassle of infrastructure management.
- All applications are accessed via internet.
- Easy integration between various applications.
- Latest features are provided without any delay.
- Guaranteed uptime and security.
- Scalable performance for various operations.
- Ability to access via mobile devices from anywhere.
4. What is a custom object in Salesforce ?
Answer: A record is analogous to a row in a database table. Objects already created for you by Salesforce are called standard objects. Objects you create in your organization are called custom objects. Objects you create that map to data stored outside your organization are called external objects.(Top 50 Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers Pdf)
5. Explain the various dashboard components?
Answer: The various Dashboard components are explained below:
- Chart: it is used for showing data graphically.
- Gauge: it is used for showing a single value within a range of custom values.
- Metric: this is used for displaying a single key value – it is possible to click empty text field next to grand total and enter the metric label directly on components. All metrics placed above and below one another in dashboard column.
The various Dashboard components are explained below:
- Would be display as a single component.
- Table: Showing report data in column from using the Table.
- Visual force Page: It is used for creating custom component or showing information not available in other component type.
- Custom S – component: this contains the content that is run or displayed in a browser like Excel file, ActiveX Control, Java applet or custom HTML web form.
6. What does a custom object permit the user to do ?
Answer: Once the custom object is defined, the subscriber can perform the following tasks: Create custom fields, relate the custom object to other records, track events and tasks, build page layouts, create a custom tab for the custom object, analyze custom object data and create dashboards and reports, share custom tabs, custom apps, custom objects, and various other related components. None of these tasks can be accomplished until the custom object has definition.7. Explain the various Standard Profiles in Salesforce ?Answer:
- System Administrator – Customization and administration of the application.
- Standard User – Can edit, view, update or delete one’s own record.
- Read Only – Able to just view the records.
- Solution Manager – Comes with standard user permission but also can manage categories and published solutions.
- Marketing User – Is able to import leads into the organization along with standard user permissions.
8. What is the Object Relationship Overview ?
Answer: In Salesforce, the object relationship overview links custom object records to standard object records in a related list. This is helpful to track product defects in related customer cases. Salesforce allows users to define different types of relationships by creating custom relationship fields on an object.
9. What does it indicate if an error state this “list has no rows for assignment” ?
Answer: The error that tells “list has no rows for assignment” indicates that the list you are trying to access has no values in it.
10. What is a Visualforce Page ?
Answer: Visualforce is the new markup language from salesforce, by using which, We can render the standard styles of salesforce. We can still use HTML here in Visualforce. Each visualforce tag always begins with “apex” namespace. All the design part can be acomplished by using Visualforce Markup Language and the business logic can be written in custom controllers associated with the Page.
(Top 50 Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers Pdf)
11. What is a Wrapper Class ?
Answer: A Wrapper Class is a class whose instances are a collection of other objects and is used to display different objects on a Visual force page in the same table. (Top 50 Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers Pdf)
12. What is Production ?
Answer: We should not make coding changes in production since end-users are using the application from production environment.
13. What is the difference between SOQL and SOSL ?
Answer: SOQL is Salesforce Object Query Language and SOSL is Salesforce Object Search Language. If you are sensing that Salesforce is a culture unto itself, you are correct!
14. What is sandbox ?
Answer: To make any changes for the exiting application we should copy all contents of the production into sandbox and make all changes after that test thoroughly and move those changes into production.
To create the sandbox, in production we can find one link called sandboxes. By clicking on that link we can create the sandbox by choosing type of the sandbox.
15. What is the sharing rule ?
Answer: The sharing rules are applied when a user wishes to allow access to other users.
These 23 most common questions and answers will help you prepare effectively and perform well in Salesforce interviews. Study them thoroughly to make a good impression on your prospective employers. Learn From Real Time Experts. (Top 50 Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers Pdf)
16. What are the types of Sandboxes ?
- Developer Sandbox
- Developer pro sandbox
- Partial data sandbox
- Full copy sandbox
17. Explain the Salesforce dashboard ?
Answer: In Salesforce, the dashboard is a pictorial representation of the report.
20 reports can be added to a single dashboard.
18. What is Developer sandbox ?
- It copy only configuration changes from the production
- It won’t copy real time data
- We can test the configuration changes with sample data
- Refresh time interval is one day
- If we refresh all the sandbox contents will be replaced with production
19. What is an Audit Trail ?
Answer: The Audit Trail function in Salesforce is useful for gaining information or for tracking all the recent setup changes that the administration has done in the organization. The audit trail can preserve data for up to six months.
20. What is developer pro sandbox ?
- Copy configuration changes
- No real-time data
- Sample data limit is 1GB
- Refresh time interval one day
- (Top 50 Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers Pdf)
21. What is the junction object and what purpose does it serve ?
Answer: Junction objects are used to build many-to-many relationships between objects. For example, the user can take a recruiting application where a position for a job can be linked to many candidates or can take a candidate and link the candidate to many other jobs. In order to connect the data model, a third party object is referred to as junction object. In the given example, the junction object is “job application.” (Top 30 Salesforce Questions and Answers Pdf)
22. What is partial data sandbox ?
- Copy configuration changes
- Copy certain amount of real time data
- Real time data limit is 5GB
- For each table it can copy maximum of 10k records
- Refresh interval 5 days
23. Is it possible to schedule a dynamic dashboard in Salesforce ?
Answer: It is not possible to schedule a dynamic dashboard in Salesforce.
24. What is Full copy sandbox ?
- It is exact replica of the production
- Copy both configuration and entire real time data from the production
- Refresh time interval 29 days Salesforce Online Training
25. What are the different types of reports available in Salesforce?
- The different types of reports in Salesforce are:
- Tabular report that displays the grand total in table form.
- Matrix report where grouping is based upon both rows and columns.
- Summary reports that are detailed reports in which the grouping is based on columns.
- Joined report which allows two or more reports to be joined in a single report.
- (Top 50 Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers Pdf)
26. What is Track Field History ?
- While creating the object, we can enable ‘Track Field History’.
- If, we enable ‘Track Field History’ user can see ‘Set History Tracking’ button under ‘Custom Fields & Relationships’ section which is available on the object detail page.
- By clicking on ‘Set History Tracking’ button, we can enable tracking for the fields which ever we want.
- To see the object history, go to object’s record layout and add Object Name History related list to the layout.
- Whenever, user changes field value from one value to another value, it will show the history of the field in ‘Object History’ related list.
27. What are the three types of object relations in Salesforce ?
The three types of object relations in Salesforce are:
- Master- detail
The relation types are quite logical once the user becomes familiar with the software program.
28. What are the Activities in Salesforce ?
Answer: To create the Activities, while creating the object, we should check for ‘Allow Activities’ check box then user can add open Activities and Activity History related lists on the Object layout.
There are two types of activities
Task: Task is nothing but work assigned to a particular person, it doesn’t have certain time limit.
Event: It has certain time limit in that time only all persons should assemble after the time limit over, event will get complete.
Once event or task status changed to ‘Completed’ this we can see those records under Activity History Related List.
29. What is static resource in Salesforce ?
30. How to rename the tab ?
Answer: Tab name will be decided based on the Plural Label of the custom object, to rename go to corresponding object detail page and rename the plural label.
31. What is the difference between Trigger and Workflow ?
Answer: Workflow is an automated process that fire an action based upon evaluation criteria and rule criteria. As described above, Trigger is the code that is executed on or after the record is updated or inserted.
32. How to display multiple columns after clicking on the tab ?
- ISNULL (): It works only for number data type fields, if we don’t populate with value for number fields it will return true.
- ISNULL (): It won’t support TEXT data type fields because text fields never become null.
- ISBLANK (): It supports both number as well as text data types.
33. What is the trigger ?
Answer: A trigger is a lever which, when pulled by the finger, releases the hammer on a firearm. In a database, a trigger is a set of Structured Query Language statements that automatically “fires off” an action when a specific operation, such as changing data in a table, occurs. A trigger consists of an event and an action. Triggers are used to preserve data integrity by checking on or changing data in a consistent manner.
34. What is dependent pick list ?
Answer: In some scenario’s, we should be able to control one of the field from another field. Example, if we select Country Controlling field as US then City should display only US cities.
- We can use checkbox data type fields also while creating dependent pick list.
- We can use multi-select data type fields also while creating dependent pick list.
35. How does Salesforce track sales ?
Answer: Salesforce is a tracking program that records a number of helpful basic details, such as:
- Number of customers served daily
- Daily sales volume
- Detailed reports from Sales Manager
- Sales figures by month or quarter
- Most importantly, Salesforce tracks and reports repeat customer activity, which is the key to any sales organization.
36. What is the architecture of the Salesforce ?
- MVC Architecture – Model, View , Controller
- View – It is the user interface
- Controller – Business Logic
- Model – It is the Database, which stores Schema
37. What can cause data loss in Salesforce ?
Answer: Data loss in Salesforce can be caused by a number of reasons, including:
- Changing data and date-time
- Migrating to percent, number, and currency from other data types
- Changing from multi-select pick list, checkbox, auto number to other types
- Altering to multi-select pick list from any type except pick list
- Changing to auto-number except from text
- Changing from text-area to e-mail, phone, URL, and text.
38. What is the difference between 15 digit and 18 digit id in Sales force ?
- In Salesforce, whenever user create any component or record then sales force will generate an unique id with which user can identify the record or component.
- After creating the record, in the URL user can see the id of the record which is of 15 digits length.
- Through user interface user always see 15 digit ids which are Cases-Sensitive.
- If the user queries the existing records from the database through API, it will always return 18 digit ids which are Case-Insensitive.
- Last 3 digits of the 18 digit represent checksum of the capitalization of 15 digit id.
- Based on the first 3 digits user can identify the object of the record.
- All the record belongs to same object will contain same first 3 digits.
39. What is a Self-Relationship ?
Answer: A Self-Relationship is a lookup relationship to the same object. It is this premise that allows users to take the object “Merchandise” and create relationships with other object.
40. What is Record Type ?
- For an object based on the Record Type, we can show different fields and different pick list values by assigning different page layouts for the record types and profiles.
- After creating the record type, on the record type detail page user can see all the pick list data type fields, user can edit the pick list and decide which values should display for this particular record type.
- (Top 50 Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers Pdf)
41. What are the different data types that a standard field record name can have ?
Answer: A standard field record name can have data type of either auto number or text field with a limit of 80 chars.
For generating auto numbers, the format needs to be specified while defining the field and after that for every record that is added, the number will get auto generated. For example:-
42. What is the difference between detail page and edit page ?
- Whenever user try to create a new record or edit an existing record user can input the values for the fields, this page is nothing but edit page.
- After creating a new record or editing an existing record, user can see the information of the record; this page is nothing but detail page.
Check Demo Sesstion:
43. What is who Id and What Id in activities ?
Who ID refers to people. Typically: contacts or leads. Example: Lead ID, Contact ID
What ID refers to objects. Example: Account ID, Opportunity ID
44. What are the types of tabs ?
- Custom tabs : Its create for objects
- Web tabs : Its create to display a website
- Visual force tabs: It create to display the visual force page
45. What is the use of writing sharing rules ? Can you use sharing rules to restrict data access ?
Sharing rules are written to give edit access (public read and write) or public read only access to certain individuals in Sales force org. A classic example is when: – only your managers or superiors need to be given extra credentials to your records in objects as compared to your peers.
By default, all users in your organization will have organization-wide-default sharing settings of either Public Read Only or Private.
To give access to more records, which users do not own, we write sharing rules.
Example: Sharing rules are used to extend sharing access to users in public groups or roles. Hence, sharing rules are not as strict as organization-wide default settings. They allow greater access for those users.
As far as the second part of the question is concerned, the answer is no. We cannot use sharing rules to restrict data access. It is only used for allowing greater access to records
46. What is validation rule
Answer: While creating or modifying the record based on the certain conditions we can display error messages on top of the page or below to the field.
47. There are two fields, if the user populate two field values if we combine those values uniqueness should be maintained, how to achieve this without coding ?
Answer: Create a unique text field and update the field from workflow rule after the update again all the system validations will be performed so error will be displayed.48. What is a bucket field in reports ?
Answer: A bucket field lets you group related records together by ranges and segments, without the use of complex formulas and custom fields. Bucketing can thus be used to group, filter, or arrange report data. When you create a bucket field, you need to define multiple categories (buckets) that are used to group report values.
The advantage is that earlier, we had to create custom fields to group or segment certain data.
49. What are Governor Limits ?
Since we are working in multitenant environment Sales force is enforcing the limits for all the functionalities.
- How many no of fields for an object: 500
- No of master detail relationships for an object: 2
- No of lookup relationship for an object: 25
- No of rollup summery fields: 25
- How many external ids we can enable for an object: 7
50. Can you have a roll up summary field in case of Master-Detail relationship ?
Yes, you can have a roll-up summary in case of a master-detail relationship. But not in case of a lookup relationship.
A roll-up summary field is used to display a value in a master record based on the values of a set of fields in a detailed record. The detail record must be related to the master through a master-detail relationship.
There are 4 calculations that you can do using roll-up summary field. You can count the number of detail records related to a master record. Or, you can calculate the sum, minimum value, or maximum value of a field in the detail records.