Top 80 SAP FICO Interview Questions and Answers Pdf
SAP Finance and Controlling (FICO) is the most broadly adopted SAP modules. SAP FICO module comprises SAP FI configuration, SAP CO configuration, SAP FI user and SAP CO user. Anyone seeing ahead of starting their profession as an SAP FICO consultant requires building a solid foundation including whole those features of SAP FI and CO module in Sap Training.
Certain SAP FICO online training Interview Questions have been composed especially to prepare you familiarized with the kind of questions you may face while your interview for the topic of SAP FICO. Since through our expertise great interviewers simply intend to ask any critical question during your interview, commonly questions begin with some fundamental concept of the subject and next they proceed based on the distant analysis and Learn SAP FICO Online.
SAP FICO Interview Questions and Answers:
Financial accounting and regulating are essential business fields, building a framework for every additional business enterprise. Tracing benefits, outgo and cash flow enable administration experts to give significant preparation choices concerning destiny. Locating the best accounting experts to work with your current SAP FICO system is important to keep your company operating easily SAP FICO Job Support Online. SAP has 6 fields in the center for FICO professionals, however, you can restrict your questioning to the best four to load maximum positions with Top 80 SAP FICO Interview Questions and Answers Pdf.
1. What Is A Sap System?
Answer: The union of all s/w components that are allocated to the same databases is called as an SAP system.
2. What Is The Basic Purpose Of Creating A Profit Center?
Answer: The basic purpose of creating a Profit Center is to analyze the revenues and costs for a particular product line, or a plant or a business unit. Though you can generate balance sheets and profit and loss accounts per Profit Center still a profit center should basically be used as a tool only for internal reporting purposes. If legally one has to produce the Balance sheets and Profit and Loss Accounts for a profit center then it is advisable to create it as a company code instead of a profit center. (E Learning Portal)
3. How Data Is Stored In Cluster Table?
Answer: Each field of cluster table behaves as tables which contains the number of entries.
4. Among “move” And “move Corresponding”, Which Is Efficient One?
Answer: I guess, ‘move to correspond’ is very efficient than ‘move’ statement. Because usually, we use this statement for internal table fields only…so if we give move corresponding. Those fields only moving to another place (whatever you want).
5. What Is The Difference Between Clustered Tables And Pooled Tables?
Answer: A combined table is utilized to join several logical tables in the ABAP/4 dictionary. Merged tables are relevant tables that need be allocated to a table pond while they are determined. Cluster table is logical tables that need be attached to a table cluster during they are established. Cluster table can be utilized to save control data they can further be used to collect volatile data or text such as documentation.
6. What Is The Table, Which Contains The Details Of All The Name Of The Programs And Forms?
Answer: Table contains vertical and horizontal lines. We can store the data in the table as blocks. We can scroll depends upon your wish. And these all are stored in the database (data dictionary).
7. What Are The Difference Between Interactive And Drill Down Reports?
Answer: ABAP/4 provides some interactive events on lists such as AT LINE-SELECTION (double click) or AT USER-COMMAND (pressing a button). You can use these events to move through layers of information about individual items in a list. Drill down report is nothing but interactive report…drill down means above paragraph only.
8. Among The Call Transaction And Session Method, Which Is Faster?
Answer: Call transaction is faster than the session method. But usually, we use the session method in real-time…because we can transfer a large amount of data from an internal table to the database and if any errors in a session. The process will not complete until the session gets correct.
9. How Did You Test The Developed Objects?
Answer: I was testing a developed object. There are two types of testing – Negative testing – Positive testing In negative testing we will give negative data in input and we check any errors occurs. In positive testing, we will give positive data in input for checking errors.
10. What Is Runtime Analysis? Have You Used This?
Answer: It checks program execution time in microseconds. When you go to se30.if you give the desired program name in performance file. It will take you to below screen. You can get how much past is your program.
11. What Is Internal Recruitment?
Answer: Internal recruitment is a hunt for domestic aspirants. When you unite with personal improvement, you can do profile match up which accommodate to explore sources internally. In recruitment, it is expressed by ‘P’ as Person and ‘AP” as an external person.
12. What Is the Difference Between Set Screen And Call Screen?
Answer: With SET SCREEN the present screen only spells out the next screen in the chain, control branches to this next screen as soon as the present screen has been processed. Return from the next screen to present screen is not automatic. It does not interrupt the processing of the current screen. If we want to branch to the next screen without finishing the current one, use LEAVE SCREEN.
With CALL SCREEN, the existing (calling) chain is suspended, and a next screen (screen chain) is called. The called can then return to the suspended chain with the statement LEAVE SCREEN TO SCREEN 0. Sometime we might want to let a user call a pop-up screen from the main application screen to let him enter secondary information. After they have completed their entries, the users should be able to close the popup and return directly to the place where they left off in the main screen. Here comes CALL SCREEN into the picture. This statement lets us insert such a sequence into the current one.
13. What Assurance The Integration Of All Application Modules?
Answer: The R/3 basis system assurance the incorporation of all application modules. The R/3 basis s/w provides the run-time setting for the R/3 applications ensures optimal integration, defines a stable architectural frame for system augmentation, and contains the administration tools for the entire system. One of the main tasks of the basic system is to guarantee the portability of the complete system.
14. What Are The Central Crossing Points Of The R/3 System?
- Presentation Interface
- Database Interface
- Operating system Interface
15. Which Interface Controls What Is Shown On The P.c.?
Answer: Presentation Interface.
16. Which Interface Change Sql Requirements In The Sap Development System To Those Of The Database?
Answer: Database Interface.
17. What Is Sap Dispatcher?
Answer: SAP dispatcher is the control manager that manages the resources for the R/3 applications.
18. What Are The Functions Of Dispatcher?
- Equal allocation of transaction load to the work processes.
- Management of buffer areas in main memory.
- Integration of the presentation levels.
- Organization of communication activities.
19. What Is A Work Process?
Answer: A work process is where individual dialog steps are in reality processed and the work is done. Each work process handles one type of request.
20. Name A Range Of Work Processes Of R/3 System?
Answer: Dialog or Online (processes only one request at a time).Background (Started at a specific time)Update (primary or secondary)Enqueue (Lock mechanism).Spool (generated online or during background processing for printing).
21. Which Work Process Triggers Database Changes?
Answer: Update the work process.
22. Define Service (within R/3)?
Answer: A service is a process or group of processes that execute a specific system function and often provide an application-programming interface for other processes to call.
23. What Are The Roll And Page Areas?
Answer: Roll and page areas are SAP R/3 buffers used to store user contexts (process requests). The SAP dispatcher allocates process requests to work processes as they are queued in the roll and page areas. Paging area holds data from the application programs. Roll area holds data from preceding dialog steps and data that characterize the user.
24. What Are The Various Layers In the R/3 System?
- Presentation Layer
- Application Layer
- Database Layer
25. What Are The Phases Of Background Processing?
- Job Overview
- Job Scheduling
- Job Processing
26. What Components Of The R/e System Begin The Start Of Background Jobs At The Specified Time?
Answer: The batch scheduler begins the start of a background job. The dispatcher then sends this request to an accessible background work process for processing.
27. Define Instance?
Answer: An instance is an authoritative section in which elements of an R/3 method presenting one or added duties are grouped commonly. The aids granted by an instance are continuous and ended at random. All elements are parameterized practicing a collective instance profile. A prime R/3 system consists of a single instance in which all-necessary SAP sets are given. Each instance uses separate buffer zones.
28. What Are R/3 Basis Configurations?
Answer: A central system with centrally installed presentation software.Two-level client/server system with rolled out presentation software. Two-level client/server system. Presentation and Application run on the same computer. Three-level client/server system. Presentation, Application, and database each run on separate computers.
29. What Is A Service In Sap Terminology?
Answer: A service implies to something offered by an s/w component.
30. What Is Server In Sap Terminology?
Answer: A component can consist of one process or a group and is then called the server for the respective service.
31. What Is A Client In Sap Terminology?
Answer: An S/W element that does the aid (offered by an s/w component) is name a Client. At the same time, certain customers may further be servers for different aids.
32. Which Function Type Has To Be Used For Using “at Exit-command”?
Answer: To Use AT EXIT – COMMAND, We must allocate a function Type “E” to the applicable function in the MENU Painter OR Screen Painter.
33. What Is The Means Of Communications Between R/3 And External Applications?
Answer: The means of communication between R/2, R/3, and external applications is via the CPI-C handler or SAP Gateway, using the CPI-C Protocol.
34. What Is The Protocol Used By Sap Gateway Process?
Answer: The SAP Gateway process communicates with the clients based on the TCP/IP Protocol.
35. What Is A Spool Request?
Answer: Spool requests are produced during dialog or background processing and placed in the spool database with information about the printer and print format. The real data is placed in the Tem Se (Temporary Sequential objects).
36. What Are Special Types Of Log Records?
Answer: V1 and V2. V1 must be processed before V2. But, we can have more than one V2 logs.
37. What Are The Categories Of Update Requests?
Answer: An update request can be departed into 1 primary (V1) and many Secondary update elements (V2). Time-critical transactions are set in V1 element and those whose timing is less dangerous are set in V2 elements. If a V1 update crashes, V2 elements will not be processed.
38. Explain What A Transaction In Sap Terms?
Answer: A transaction is a sequence of rationally attached dialog steps in SAP terms.
39. Explain How Sap Gui Handles Output Screen For The User?
Answer: The SAP front-end software can both run on the comparable computer or on various computers equipped for that goal. User terminal input is authenticated by the SAP monitor program SAP GUI, transformed to SAP proprietary format and addressed to the SAP dispatcher. The dispatcher correlates the data exchange between the SAP GUI’s and the work methods. The dispatcher primary places the processing application in request queues, which it then treats. The dispatcher forwards the requests one behind another, to the convenient work process. The original processing takes place in a trial manner. When processing is completed, the outcome of a work process is delivered via the dispatcher to the SAP GUI. The SAP GUI rendered the acquired data and produces the output screen for the user.
40. What Is A Company Code And What Are The Basic Organizational Assignments To A Company Code?
Answer: Company Code is a legal entity for which financial statements like Profit and Loss and Balance Sheets are generated. Plants are assigned to the company code, Purchasing organization is assigned to the company code, and Sales organization is assigned to the company code. (Interview Questions and Answers)
41. How Many Chart Of Accounts Can A Company Code Have?
Answer: A single Company code can have only one Chart of Account assigned to it. The Chart of Accounts is nothing but the list of General Ledger Accounts.
42. What Are The Options In Sap When It Comes To Fiscal Years?
Answer: Fiscal year is nothing but the way financial data is stored in the system. The SAP provides you with a combination of 12 normal periods and also four special periods. These periods are stored in what is called the fiscal year variant.
There are two types of Fiscal Year Variant
- The calendar Year – e.g. Jan-Dec
- Year Dependent Fiscal Year
43. What Is A Year Dependent Fiscal Year Variant?
Answer: In a year dependent fiscal year variant the number of days in a month is not as per the calendar month. Let us take an example:- For the year 2005 the period January ends on 29th, Feb ends on 27th, March ends on29. For the year 2006 January ends on 30th, Feb ends on 26th, March ends on 30th. This is applicable to many countries especially the USA. Every year this fiscal year variant needs to be configured in such a case.
44. How Does Posting Happen In Mm (materials Management) During Special Periods?
Answer: There is no posting which happens from MM in special periods. Special periods are only applicable to the FI module. They are required for making any additional posting such as closing entries, provisions, which happen during quarter-end or year-end.
45. How Many Currencies Can Be Configured For A Company Code?
Answer: A company code can have 3 currencies in total. They are local currency ie company code currency and 2 parallel currencies. This gives the company the flexibility to report in different currencies.
46. Do You Require To Configure Additional Ledger For Parallel Currencies?
Answer: Where only 2 currencies are configured (Company code currency and a parallel currency) there is no need for an additional ledger. In case the third parallel currency is also configured and if it is different than the second currency type, you would then need to configure additional ledger.
47. How Can The Default Settings Be Maintained For Cost Elements Per Company Code?
Answer: The default settings can be maintained in transaction OKB9. Here we can specify for a company code, cost element which is the cost center to default or whether profitability segment is to be automatically derived. Further, we can also maintain whether the business area is mandatory or profit center is mandatory and can maintain the default business areas and profit centers.
48. Should Secondary Cost Elements Be Maintained In The 3keh Table?
Answer: No. Since here we maintain only those accounts for which the value should flow from FI to PCA. Secondary cost elements are already defined in the controlling module which will reflect in the postings in PCA also.
49. What Are The Precautions To Be Taken While Maintaining The 3keh Table For Profit Center Accounting?
Answer: You should not maintain the customer and vendor reconciliation accounts in the 3KEH table. Further, you should also not maintain the special GL accounts in this table. Since we are transferring the customer and vendor balances to profit center module through separate month-end programs. If the reconciliation’s accounts are maintained here it will result in double posting in the profit center module.
50. Statistical Key Figures Are Created In The Cost Center Accounting Module. Now The Same Statistical Key Figures Are Required In The Profit Center Accounting Module. Is It Required To Maintain The Statistical Key Figure In Pca Module?
Answer: No. Since the statistical key figures are created in a controlling area. A profit center is a submodule within the controlling area. The statistical key figure is created for the controlling area and as such is available in profit center accounting module.
51. Why Is Preliminary Cost Estimate Required?
Answer: The preliminary cost estimate is required for the following:
- Authenticate the original activity measures.
- Valuate work in the method.
- Invariance calculation, calculate production variances.
- Invariance calculation, valuate the unplanned portion.
52. What Is The Difference Between Profitability Analysis And Profit Center Accounting?
Answer: Profitability analysis lets you analyze the profitability of segments of your market according to products, customers, regions, division. It provides your sales, marketing, planning, and management organizations with decision support from a market-oriented viewpoint.
Profit center accounting lets you analyze profit and loss of for-profit centers. It makes it possible to evaluate different areas or units within your company. Profit center can be structured according to region, plants, functions or products (product ranges).
53. Is There Any Additional Configuration Required For Account-Based Profitability Analysis As Compared To Costing Based Profitability Analysis?
Answer: No. There are no special configurations required except for activating the account-based profitability analysis while maintaining the operating concern.
54. What Is The Advantage Of Configuring Both The Type Of Profitability Analysis Together?
Answer: The advantage of activating account-based profitability analysis along with costing based PA is that you can easily reconcile costing based profitability analysis to account-based profitability analysis, which means indirectly reconciling with Financial accounting.
55. Can Both Account-Based And Costing Based Profitability Analysis Be Configured At The Same Time?
Answer: Yes. It is possible to configure both types of costing based profitability analysis at the same time.
56. What Is The Difference Between Account Based Profitability Analysis And Costing Based Profitability Analysis?
Answer: Account-based Profitability analysis is a form of Profitability analysis (PA) that uses accounts as its base and has an account-based approach. It uses costs and revenue elements.
Costing based Profitability Analysis is a form of profitability analysis that groups costs and revenues according to value fields and costing based valuation approaches. The cost and revenues are shown in value fields.
57. What Is The Basic Difference In Customizing In Profitability Analysis As Compared To Other Modules?
Answer: In PA when we configure the system i.e. creating operating concern, maintain structures no customizing request is generated. The configuration needs to be transported through a different transaction called KE3I.
58. What Is Characteristic Derivation In Profitability Analysis Module?
Answer: Characteristic Derivation is usually used when you want to derive the characteristics. An example of this could say you want to derive the first two characteristics of the product hierarchy.
In such cases, you define characteristic derivation where you maintain the rules, which contain the table names of the product hierarchy fields and the number of characters to be extracted, and it also specifies the target characteristic field in PA.
59. Once You Have Captured All The Costs And Revenues How Do You Analyze Them?
Answer: The costs and revenues which we have captured in the above manner are then analyzed by writing reports using the Report Painter Functionality in SAP.
60. How Do You Configure The Assignment Of Variances From Product Costing To Copa Module?
Answer: The variance categories from product costing along with cost element is to be assigned to the value fields in COPA.
61. What Happens When The Revaluation Is Done In Actual Costing Run For The Previous Period?
Answer: When revaluation is performed in actual costing for the previous period the price control in the material master is changed from S to V and the periodic price is updated as the valuation price for the previous period.
62. What Happens In An Actual Costing Run?
Answer: In actual costing run there is a process of single-level price determination and multi-level price determination. The production price difference variances are collected on the material ledger for each of the finished goods and semi-finished goods.
During a single level price determination the price difference collected on a single finished product is allocated to consumption. This allocation to the consumption is not individually allocated to the good issues.
In multi-level price determination, the price difference is allocated to individual goods issue. The price differences are passed on to the next level of consumption. The system calculates a weighted average price for the finished goods and semi-finished goods. This weighted average price is called the periodic unit price.
63. What Are The Steps To Be Taken Before You Execute An Actual Costing Run?
Answer: The following are the steps to be taken:
- Execute all the allocation cycles in the cost center accounting module.
- Execute actual activity price calculation.
- Revalue all the production orders with the actual activity prices. The under or over absorbed cost on cost centers are passed on to the production order through this step of revaluation of production orders.
- Calculate overheads, do a variance calculation and finally settle the production order.
- Finally, execute the actual costing run.
64. What Is The Configuration Setting To Be Done For Posting The Accrual In The Actual Costing Run?
Answer: In transaction code, OBYC select transaction key LKW and maintain the balance sheet account for accrual.
65. What Are The Options Available While Performing Revaluation In An Actual Costing Run?
Answer: There are 2 options available:
Revaluation: You can revalue the finished goods stock
Accrual: You can accrue the revaluation gain or loss without actually changing the price in the material master.
66. What Are The Problems Faced When A Material Ledger Is Activated?
Answer: When a material ledger is activated it is imperative that the actual costing run has to be done every month. Actual costing run needs to be done immediately after the new month rollover. After the actual costing run, you cannot post any MM(Materials Management) entry to the previous period.
67. How Do You Go About Configuring Material Ledger?
Answer: The following are the steps:
- Activate Valuation Areas for Material Ledger.
- Assign Currency Types to Material Ledger Type.
- Assign Material Ledger Types to Valuation Area.
- Maintain Number Ranges for Material Ledger Documents.
- Activate Actual costing (whether activity updates relevant for price determination).
- Activate the Actual cost component split.
- Customizing settings in OBYC.
68. Why Does The System Not Calculate Variance For The 500 Kgs Which Has Been Delivered?
Answer: In the product cost by order component the system does not calculate variance for partially delivered stock on the production order. Whatever is the balance on the production order is considered as WIP. In the product cost by period component, the system will calculate WIP as well as variance provided.
69. How Does Sap Calculate Work In Process (WIP) In Product Cost By Order?
Answer: The system first runs through all the production order for the month and checks for the status of each production order. If the status of the production order is REL (Released) or PREL (Partially released) and if costs are incurred for that order system calculates WIP for the production order.
The system cancels the WIP for the production order when the status of the order becomes DLV (delivered) or TECO (Technically complete).
70. What Is The Basic Difference In Wip Calculation In Product Cost By Order And Product Cost By Period (repetitive Manufacturing)?
Answer: Generally in product cost by order, WIP is calculated at actual costs and in product cost by period WIP is calculated at target costs.
71. In Period 1 There Is A Wip Posted Of 22000 Usd In Period 2 Some Further Goods Issue Are Done To The Extent Of 15000 Usd. How Will System Calculate Wip For Period 2?
Answer: System will post a delta WIP of 15000 USD in period 2.
72. How Is It Possible To Apply 2 Different Overhead Rates For 2 Different Finished Goods?
Answer: It is feasible through the above groups. You configure 2 above keys. Set rates for every of that overhead key. Certain couple overhead keys are later allocated to the two overhead associations. These overhead groups are joined in the costing aspect of the complete goods stock governor.
73. How Do You Prevent The System From Calculating The Cost Estimate For Raw And Packing Material When You Run A Standard Cost Estimate For The Finished Goods?
Answer: To prevent the system from calculating cost estimates for raw and packing material, you need to select the “No costing” checkbox in the costing view of the material master.
74. When A Standard Cost Estimate Is Run For A Finished Good Does Sap Calculate Cost Estimate For Its Components Such As Raw And Packing Material?
Answer: Yes. SAP calculates the cost estimate even for raw and packing material and stores it in the standard price field for information purposes.
75. What Are The Steps Involved Before You Run A Cost Estimate For A Split Valuated Material?
Answer: The following are the steps:
- Create procurement alternatives based on the valuation types for the material.
- Maintain mixing ratios for the procurement alternatives.
76. What Is The Configuration Required For Additive Costs?
Answer: To include additive costs in the material cost estimate you need to set the indicator “Incl. additive costs” for each valuation strategy in the valuation variant. Further, you also need to set in the costing variant to include additive costs.
77. What Is The Meaning Of Additive Costs In Sap And Why Is It Required?
Answer: Additive costs are used to add costs manually to a material cost estimate when it cannot be calculated by the system. Examples of such costs are freight charges, insurance costs, and stock transfer costs.
78. What Are The Implications If The Operation Scrap Is Maintained In The Routing And If It Maintained In The Bom?
Answer: If the operation scrap is maintained only in the routing, the costing lot size is reduced by this percentage.
If the operation scrap is maintained in the BOM, the planned input (not the output quantity) is increased and any assembly scrap is reduced.
79. What Do You Mean By Operation Scrap And How Is It Maintained In Sap?
Answer: Operation scrap is a scrap that is expected to occur during production. Operation scrap is used to reduce the planned input quantities in follow up operations and to calculate the precise amount of assembly scrap. Operation scrap can be maintained in % in the routing and in the BOM.
80. What Do You Mean By Component Scrap And How Is It Maintained In Sa?
Answer: Component scrap is a scrap of a material that is expected to occur during production. When an assembly is produced with this component, the system has to increase the component quantity to enable to reach the required lot size. The component scrap can be entered in the BOM item or in the MRP 4 view of the material master.
All SAP FICO Interview Questions
SAP FICO VideosDuration: 50+ Hours | ECC 6.0 | System Requirements: Minimum 500 GB Hard disk, 2/4 GB RAM
- Experienced Faculty
- Real-time Scenarios
- Free Bundle Access
- Course Future Updates
- Sample CV/Resume
- Interview Q&A
- Complimentary Materials