Shell Scripting Training Online
Anyone can start Shell Scripting Training course because there are no prior requirements necessary. We provide a 25-hour Shell Scripting course taught by instructors with more than 10 years of real-time experience. The course includes real-world assignments and the faculty will direct you toward setting a work environment to practice assignments.
Assistance in CV preparation, interview questions answers, and materials are part of the training program. We do advise taking a one-hour session every day, From Monday through Friday, but one can also look into the weekend, fast-track, one-on-one, or customized programs.
Shell Scripting Engineer Career
✔️Shell Scripting Pre-requisites
Basic Computer Knowledge.
✔️Jobs On Shell Scripting
Top IT MNC such as Capgemini, Cognizant, IBM, Infosys, Accenture, etc.,
✔️Shell Scripting Engineer Salary
The average salary for a Shell Scripting Engineer with 3 years experience in India is ₹6,70,243.
Topic 0 1: Introduction
- Basics of computer applications
- Unix Course Introductions
- Course Summary
Topic 02: Processing & Listing
- Processes and Directories
- Displaying Processes – ps
- Displaying Directories – ls
- Getting Help – man
- Simple Commands used for processing
- Using Wildcards
Topic 03 : File Creation and Displaying
- Creating files – using > symbol
- Redirection – using >> symbol
- Redirecting Input – using < symbol
- Displaying Files – cat, more
- Piping – using | symbol
- Word Count
- Sorting a file
- Removing duplicates
- Using Head and Tail command in files
Topic 04: Files Handling
- Creating directory
- Moving files to directories
- Copying files to directories
- Changing directory
- Removing files and directories
- Special Files – . and ..
- Creating Aliases
- Using Aliases
Topic 05: Cut and Paste
- Displaying selected characters – using cut
- Displaying selected fields – using delimiters
- Displaying selected files – using paste
- Using paste with delimiters
Topic 06: GREP and EGREP
- Displaying content of the file using GREP
- Displaying content of the file using EGREP
- EGREP Meta-character
- Back Referencing concepts
Topic 07: ZIP & TAR
- Zipping a file
- Unzipping a file
- Combining a set of files using TAR
- Extracting TAR file
- Using TAR with ZIP
Topic 08: FIND command
- Searching for a file – using find
- Finding List of files and directories
- Finding Last modified files
- Find with -exec
- Find with -xargs
Topic 09: Handling Jobs
- Using /dev/null
- Foreground Jobs
- Background Jobs – &
- Stopping Jobs – kill
- Changing Permissions – chmod
Topic 10: Shell Programming
- Introduction to Shell
- Basics of Shell
- Set and Unset a variable
- Displaying – using echo
- Using Expr
- Using Test
- Getting input – using read
- Header file of shell script – using Shabang (#!)
- Sample Shell script program
Topic 11: Command Substitution
- Assigning a command to a variable
- Storing output to a variable
- Assigning global value – using Export
Topic 12: Command Line Arguments
- Passing input in runtime.
- Using input inside a program
Topic 13: Conditional & Looping Statemen
- Using if statement
- Using if –else statement
- Using Nested if statement
- Using ‘While’ Loop
- Using ‘Until’ Loop
- Using ‘For’ Loop
- Using CASE
Topic 14: Functions
- Creating a function
- Calling a function in file
- Calling a function in another file
Topic 15: Advanced Commands
- Replacing values in a file
- Sending an email – using MAIL
Topic 16: Editors
- Vi Editor
Topic 17: AWK
- Basics of AWK
- Displaying values – using awk
- Using awk in Shell script
Topic 18: Scheduler
- Scheduling a job – using ‘Crontab’
- Scheduling a job – using ‘at’
Topic 19: Advanced Shell Scripting
- Monitoring a file
- Extracting data from HTMl/XML file
Topic 20: Database Connectivity
- Connecting MYSQL to Shell
- Running SQL queries from Shell Script
- Generating a report and storing in a file
Shell Scripting Course FAQ's
01. can you help me in CV preparation?
Yes, We can help you preparing your resume.
02. will you help in interview preparation?
We can provide you interview question answers. The course covered many real-time examples. These examples might help you.
03. Is this course sufficient to get a job?
Our training covered as many real-time examples as we can. This course may equivalent to 2 to 3 years of work experience. You have to work hard if you are aimed at 4+ years of experience.
04. What’s the certification process?
Please come with an exam code. We’ll guide you further. We’ll guide you on how to get certified. Don’t worry, we’ll help you in certification process.
05. Can you provide Work Support?
We can provide job support for an additional fee. Contact the support team for fee details. You can choose either the hourly rate or monthly fee.